Flower/Mystery Name

I’ve recently been thinking about the word/name [name_u]Campion[/name_u].

Campions, specifically rose campions, are a beautiful old cottage garden plant with soft, silvery leaves and smallish dazzling magenta petals.

Campion is also the surname of a detective from vintage mystery writer, [name_f]Margery[/name_f] Allingham, the [name_u]Campion[/name_u] mysteries. Maybe [name_m]Albert[/name_m] [name_u]Campion[/name_u] mysteries?

Wondering what folks think of the name?

1 Like

It’s certainly an interesting one! When I first opened the thread, I thought it said ‘Champion’, and I was a bit confused, but I certainly like [name_u]Campion[/name_u] more.

I think it works better on a boy than a girl, although it could work on either. It’s not my personal style of name, however, I think it definitely fits nicely into the more unique flower name group! :slight_smile:

I fiercely associate it with the word “champion”

Yes, I put it in baby names because it could go on any gender.

It reminds me of [name_u]Carrington[/name_u], [name_u]Callum[/name_u], [name_m]Calendar[/name_m], [name_m]Calvin[/name_m], [name_m]Caradoc[/name_m], [name_m]Cadogan[/name_m], [name_u]Calloway[/name_u] – all names I like on boys and find jaunty.

1 Like

It’s so unique! I really like it!

1 Like

This has been on my mind after I dreamed about the name “Camping” I’d like to think I misheard it and it was really [name_u]Campion[/name_u] :grin:

3 Likes