Flower Names: For Girls and Boys. (Ideas/Suggestions)

Right now everyone wants their daughter to be as pretty as a [name]Rose[/name], and as free spiritied as a [name]Violet[/name]. Naming your daughter after a flower can create in some really great name ideas.

[name]Violet[/name] - this name is so popular and has been ever since [name]Jennifer[/name] [name]Garner[/name] and [name]Ben[/name] Affleck choice to name one of their daughters this name. A little [name]Violet[/name] may share her name with someone in her class it is still a great name that shouldn’t be ignored.

[name]Iris[/name] - this name is an amazing one-syllable name and with no possible nickname. It ages a little better than the trendier [name]Violet[/name], and there is little chance that your little [name]Iris[/name] will share her name with someone in her class.

[name]Rose[/name] - definitely a name that has remained pretty unpopular. It is a classic name, and you can’t go wrong with choosing it.

[name]Primrose[/name] - is more of an unusal choice, but it is pretty nevertheless. With the [name]Rose[/name]/[name]Rosie[/name] nickname, and the knowledge that it is very unlikely someone will share this name with your little one it makes it a more viable choice. It’s a great middle name choice for those a little less daring.

[name]Lily[/name]/[name]Lillian[/name] - not much I can say about those names. They are classic, elegant, and will forever be on the top 1000 for baby names. And even so, it is still not likely your [name]Lilly[/name]/[name]Lily[/name]/[name]Lillian[/name]/[name]Lilian[/name] will share a class with someone with her same name throughout high school and elementary school.

[name]Zinnia[/name] - it is a very pretty name that fits in with the popular [name]Mia[/name], looks trendy, and fits the flower name trend. With [name]Nia[/name] as a possible nickname. It makes this name seem a lot more usable. Again, for those who are affraid to name their little budding flower [name]Zinnia[/name] it is a good middle name choice.

[name]Susan[/name] - now before you close the door on a little [name]Brown[/name] Eyed [name]Susan[/name]. Hear me out, this name is becomming less and less popular, in fact it is quickly dropping from the top 1000 all together. It is unlikely that your daughter will ever share a class in elementary, high school, or college with another [name]Susan[/name]. Unless a [name]Susan[/name] is teaching. [name]Susan[/name] is so out it feels fresh again, and it is a classic choice.

Alyssum - Like [name]Alyssa[/name] but dislike that it is so popular? Well this could be the name for you. With the Lyss/[name]Lyssa[/name] NN these names become more obviously similar than they already are. It fits in with the trendy/popular names while letting your little blossoming bud to have a name unique to her.

Patrinia: Want to honor a [name]Patricia[/name] but don’t like the dated sound and feel of the name, and you are afraid she may go through life being called [name]Patty[/name]? Patrinia is close to [name]Patricia[/name] and as long as you never call your daughter [name]Patty[/name] no one else will either. In fact you can give her the NN [name]Trinity[/name] with Patrinia.

[name]Poppy[/name] - is another one that is in again, it is fun and free spirited.

Gaura - Honoring a [name]Maura[/name]? Or maybe a [name]Laura[/name]? Gaura is a name that is not only going to keep to your love of flower names. But with the aura sound like in the names [name]Laura[/name] and [name]Maura[/name] it is the perfect way to honor a mother, sister, aunt, or friend while giving your daughter a name unique to her.

[name]Magnolia[/name] - [name]Love[/name] [name]Maggie[/name]? But fear it is a little too nicknamey for a first name. [name]Magnolia[/name] is a strong name, ages well. And you can call her [name]Maggie[/name]!!

[name]Camellia[/name] - is a really pretty alternitive to [name]Camilla[/name]/[name]Camille[/name] which are two names that are in right now. It is close to them while still being its own name.

[name]Flower[/name] names for the boys, a little more uncommon. But nevertheless for your garden lovers there are a couple of great choices out there for you.

[name]Sage[/name]: This name is being overtaken by the girls. But I think it fits a little boy much better. It is strong and sweet, and one-syllable for those of you who dislike nicknames.

[name]Heath[/name] now if you use this name many may think you are honoring the late [name]Heath[/name] Ledger. Which isn’t a bad association. But it is also in the names of a few flowers. It is a strong name, one syllable and again no possible nicknames for it.

[name]Aster[/name]: I put this name down for anyone who likes the names [name]Asher[/name] and [name]Ashton[/name]. It is an alternative those names. Definitely uncommon.

Mazus: Definitely an out-of-the-ordinary name. But it could be used for honoring a [name]Magnus[/name].

Oleander: I personally love the name [name]Leander[/name] and the nn [name]Leo[/name] for it. I think Oleander is a great way for gardening lovers to have the nick name [name]Leo[/name] without having to use the name [name]Leonardo[/name] which definitely has very strong artistic ties to it. And you don’t have to use [name]Leonard[/name] which I personally don’t feel is ready for a come back yet. Oleander nn [name]Leo[/name], nn [name]Ollie[/name], or nn [name]Andy[/name]. Either way it’s a great choice.

These are just some of the names that are out there that can be used for your future son or daughter. If this sparks your interest do a little research about flower names. Find out what is out there.

Hey Sellons!
I love flower names!Some botanical names that can also work for boys (although they aren’t flowers!) are [name]Basil[/name], [name]Rowan[/name], [name]Kale[/name], and [name]Reed[/name]. Of the names on your list I absolutely [name]ADORE[/name] [name]Iris[/name], [name]Rose[/name], [name]Poppy[/name], [name]Magnolia[/name], [name]Violet[/name], [name]Lily[/name],[name]Camellia[/name], [name]Heath[/name] and [name]Aster[/name], but [name]Aster[/name] for a girl.
Other flower names I love for girls are [name]Daisy[/name], [name]Daphne[/name], [name]Hyacinth[/name] and [name]Jasmine[/name], other botanical names I love are [name]Willow[/name], [name]Juniper[/name], [name]Bryony[/name], [name]Ivy[/name], [name]Lavender[/name] and [name]Briar[/name].
Great topic!