FN for MN Anastasia

See the results of this poll: FN for MN Anastasia

Respondents: 24 (This poll is closed)

• Helen Anastasia : 4 (17%)
  • Esther Anastasia : 5 (21%)
  • Laurel Anastasia : 5 (21%)
  • Use a different FN (please suggest!) : 3 (13%)
  • Leave MN Anastasia to use Vera as a FN : 4 (17%)
  • Leave MN Anastasia to use Freya as a FN (in the US!): 3 (13%)

I’m intrigued to see [name]Esther[/name] in the lead (however slightly)! So some people don’t think it’s too old-lady? Husband and I love it but I know it’s a little bit older than stylish still.

I voted to use a different first name - not because the names aren’t lovely (on their own) but because they dont compliment each other well.

I think that it needs something shorter, with less vowels for the first name slot.

[name]Rose[/name] [name]Anastasia[/name]?
[name]Rosa[/name] [name]Anastasia[/name]?

I also voted to use a different first name for the same reason as Jade06.
My suggestions:
[name]Camille[/name] [name]Anastasia[/name]
[name]Celeste[/name] [name]Anastasia[/name]
[name]Claire[/name] [name]Anastasia[/name]
[name]Giselle[/name] [name]Anastasia[/name]
[name]Noelle[/name] [name]Anastasia[/name]
[name]Pilar[/name] [name]Anastasia[/name]
[name]Tamar[/name] [name]Anastasia[/name]
[name]Eve[/name] [name]Anastasia[/name]
[name]Adele[/name] [name]Anastasia[/name]
[name]Elise[/name] [name]Anastasia[/name]
[name]Lucille[/name] [name]Anastasia[/name]

Thanks for the suggestions! I’d normally love a one-syl first name with MN [name]Anastasia[/name], I agree, but given our last name, I think it’s a little too little. [name]Eve[/name] B-z might work (and I love [name]Eve[/name] - a contender), but it’s still really short. [name]Rose[/name] B-z is too much -z sound, I think, unfortunately, because [name]Rose[/name] [name]Anastasia[/name] is a beautiful suggestion.

[name]Helen[/name], [name]Esther[/name], and [name]Laurel[/name] are three really meaningful names to me, but so is [name]Adele[/name], so it’s interesting to see that suggested. Seemed a bit much A to me, but definitely worth thinking about. I also really like [name]Pilar[/name] and [name]Tamar[/name], but don’t know if I’d use them.

[name]Vera[/name] has pulled ahead now over MN [name]Anastasia[/name], and [name]Vera[/name] is probably my truest name love. Maybe MN [name]Anastasia[/name] can be for a later daughter if there is one.

Thanks everyone for posting/voting!

[name]Vera[/name] is lovely; congrats! [name]Do[/name] you have any MN suggestions? [name]How[/name] about [name]Vera[/name] [name]Rosemary[/name]? (I spotted it on your list!) One of the nicest things about [name]Vera[/name] is that finding a MN to compliment it isn’t too hard. Anyways, good luck!

Thanks! YES [name]Vera[/name] [name]Rosemary[/name] is one of the combos I think about a lot! You’re right, a lot goes with [name]Vera[/name] (just not [name]Anastasia[/name], I don’t think, sadly). Also [name]Vera[/name] [name]Naomi[/name], [name]Vera[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name], and [name]Vera[/name] [name]Felicity[/name] : D. Perhaps another poll for another day there.

[name]Do[/name] you dislike [name]Freya[/name] and [name]Vera[/name] with [name]Anastasia[/name] because of the a-A transition, or because they all end with a? If it’s that they all end in A, maybe you’d like other An- names like [name]Annabel[/name] or [name]Anneliese[/name]? Or there’s the French form of [name]Anastasia[/name], [name]Anastasie[/name].

It’s more the a-A transition. It’s not a huge issue, but it’s something. Same way with them both ending with -a. And then the combo is a little too much. [name]Annabel[/name] and [name]Anneliese[/name] are both pretty but [name]Anastasia[/name]'s the one meaning-wise. [name]Anastasie[/name] is intriguing, thanks! I’ll have to think more on that one.

My favorites are [name]Laurel[/name] [name]Anastasia[/name] and [name]Vera[/name] [name]Felicity[/name]. Great sib set there!

Thanks Caty [name]Beth[/name]! Now all the options in the poll seem neck and neck - ha! : D. No wonder I can never quite pin it down. But yes, I keep coming back to [name]Felicity[/name] as the top middle name match for [name]Vera[/name]…hope to know for sure within 1-2 years : D.