Football?

My fiancee and I were talking baby names the other day, and he came with [name_f]Crimson[/name_f] for a boy, and [name_f]Alabama[/name_f] for a girl. I kinda like them, but I know its for his favorite football team, [name_f]Alabama[/name_f] [name_f]Crimson[/name_f] [name_m]Tide[/name_m], even if he denied that it was the inspiration to those names. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think it´d be usable?

I can’t help you, sorry. I was born and raised to be an [name_u]Auburn[/name_u] fan. The guy who poisoned our trees has a son named [name_m]Bear[/name_m] [name_m]Bryant[/name_m] and a daughter named [name_f]Crimson[/name_f] [name_m]Tide[/name_m]. Once again I’m biased and think its really stupid.
But its up to you, if you like that sort of thing do it. If you do use them, I would use one or the other, its a bit over done to use both.

[name_f]Alabama[/name_f] is usable.

WAR [name_u]EAGLE[/name_u]!

Those names are really popular among [name_f]Alabama[/name_f] fans. They feel overdone (and trendy). They also feel rather limiting. What if your child isn’t an [name_f]Alabama[/name_f] fan when he or she grows up?

Using something like [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_u]Lou[/name_u] “[name_u]Nick[/name_u]” (current head coach), [name_m]Paul[/name_m] [name_m]Bryant[/name_m] ([name_m]Bear[/name_m] [name_m]Bryant[/name_m]'s given name was [name_m]Paul[/name_m]), or [name_m]George[/name_m] [name_f]Henny[/name_f] (former [name_f]Alabama[/name_f] president) would be a better choice for your child.

So the stereotypes about [name_f]Alabama[/name_f] fans are true. :wink:

A boy named [name_f]Crimson[/name_f] would spend a lot of time blushing from embarrassment about his name. I rather like state names for girls, though. I have a Mississippi and an [name_u]Indiana[/name_u] in the family (though quite distant and Mississippi was named for the river, prob’ly before the state existed).

Thank you! I liked [name_f]Crimson[/name_f] and [name_f]Alabama[/name_f] long before I met him, so I was surprised when he brought them up, but when I thought about it I put two and two toghter and told him no, but I shouldn´t be surprised since he thinks [name_f]Kylie[/name_f] is a good name for a girl with surname [name_u]Kyle[/name_u]…silly goose. Yes southern.maple they are true, atleast when it comes to him. I think [name_f]Alabama[/name_f], [name_f]Crimson[/name_f] and sadly [name_u]Dallas[/name_u] are no no´s, atleast for first names

Personally, when I hear “[name_f]Alabama[/name_f],” my mind goes “racism.” I’m sure it’s a lovely state, that’s just my first association with it. So I’d avoid it for that reason. I guess [name_f]Crimson[/name_f] is okay, but it’s not very wearable. I can’t think of any good nickname options for it.

This literally makes me want to spit fire.

[name_f]Alabama[/name_f] and [name_f]Crimson[/name_f] sound very obvious, and it sounds like a trend among [name_f]Alabama[/name_f] fans. Would you consider them as possible middle names, like [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_f]Crimson[/name_f] or [name_m]Paul[/name_m] [name_f]Crimson[/name_f]?

For once, I completely agree with you.

As for the names, I think a much better option would be [name_u]Auburn[/name_u]. :wink: JK, but serisously, I do like the names (except I prefer [name_f]Crimson[/name_f] for a girl), although it is quite obvious.