for god's sake i love the name Arian, what should i do?

where it come from?-
a friend of mine decided to change her name, and have a middle name of Vivivarious? i guess. i was unsure about her middle name so i asked, is your middle name Viviarian? she went like, no, but i like Viviarian!!! i think the ending arian is pretty, also for a first name.

but i found [name]Arian[/name] is a boy’s name instead of a girl’s, and the biggest problem is that it sounds and looks like [name]Aryan[/name], which many people would feel offensive by it.

by the way, i am not sure about the pronunciation also.
i like the pronunciation to be like “EH-ri-en” or “EH-ri-an”

because of the connotation and association, i am thinking about:
[name]Aerin[/name] (is it pronunce exactly like [name]Erin[/name]? or AY-rin? i like [name]Erin[/name])
Aerian (i guess it still has the association problem)
[name]Aria[/name] (it’s pretty, but may sounds like area)

btw, i don’t like the ending with -na, because it sounds too girly; otherwise, i would make [name]Arian[/name] to be [name]Ariana[/name].

whar you think? do you have any commons or innovations?

Sorry, but I’m thinking [name]Arian[/name] is a huge no-no! The connection to [name]Aryan[/name] is far too strong.

What about [name]Orion[/name]?

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

Here are some other names you might like -

[name]Ariadne[/name]
[name]Arianne[/name]/[name]Ariane[/name]
[name]Adrienne[/name]/[name]Adrian[/name] - love this name.

I also love, love, love this name. Although personally I would use it for a boy not a girl (I like [name]Ariel[/name]/[name]Arielle[/name] for a girl better). I also love [name]Ari[/name] as a nickname. Pronounciation for me is ah-ree-an. Due to this, most people I have asked about this name do not see the link [name]Arian[/name]=[name]Aryan[/name] as I personally had trouble with this at first too.

[name]Arian[/name] (ah-ree-on) is from the Welsh word for silver. There are several legitimate (Welsh) female names that are related:

[name]Arianell[/name] - silver
Arianrhod - silver disc (aka. moon)
[name]Arianwen[/name] - silver + white, blessed, fair

Then there is the similar sounding Welsh name,
[name]Eirian[/name] (eye-ree-an) - shining, fair
that you may also like, or it’s variant:
Eirianwen - shining, fair + holy, white, pure

Check out http://namenerds.com/ for more info on Welsh names.

A friend has a child named Aralyn/Arilyn. I can’t remember the exact spelling, but it’s [name]AIR[/name]-rah-lynn. I think it’s pretty, and adding that one L makes a big difference. No one has that association. [name]Arian[/name], does have a pretty sound to it, but bad bad connotations. Maybe, [name]Arianne[/name]. ARE ee anne.

I knew an [name]Arianne[/name] and the the [name]Aryan[/name] association NEVER crossed my mind

Also, when I first read the subject of this post I read “[name]Adrian[/name]”, perhaps you like that?

[name]Just[/name] a bit of advice, I teach preschool and there is nothing more frustrated that a child whose name is mispronounced and/or difficult to spell. I love creative names, but I always try to think of the first days of school ahead, many, many years of them, where that sweet little child will have to correct their teacher and friends. Good luck to you!!

i like the suggestion for [name]Adrianne[/name]
how about just…[name]Ari[/name]?
or…[name]Ariel[/name] is nice

I would suggest going with [name]Arianne[/name], beautiful french name and very similar sound but it moves closer to a name and farther from aryan

I grew up with a boy named [name]Arian[/name]. Prononced just as politically incorrect as you’d think. He was french and olive skinned with curly dark hair, his parents were hippies. No one ever associated him with the “aryan race”, so it wasn’t a problem.