For Phoebe’s Sister

We’re expecting a little girl in [name_u]June[/name_u] and need some help deciding on her name. Which of our favorites sounds best with [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Josefina[/name_f]?

• [name_f]Mavis[/name_f] [name_f]Marisol[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Clover[/name_f] [name_f]Marisol[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Thalia[/name_f] [name_f]Marisol[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Lilac[/name_f] [name_f]Marisol[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Marisol[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Thea[/name_f] [name_f]Marisol[/name_f]

0 voters

[name_u]Or[/name_u] a different first name to go with [name_f]Marisol[/name_f]?

1 Like

I really like [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Josefina[/name_f] with [name_f]Lilac[/name_f] [name_f]Marisol[/name_f]! What a beautiful and summery name!

2 Likes

Phoebe and [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] are a greeeat pairing!

Hi there.

Phoebe [name_f]Josefina[/name_f] is gorgeous!

Here are my favorite to least favorite rankings:

Clover [name_f]Marisol[/name_f]-While I don’t think that this one had the best flow w/Marisol ([name_f]Marisol[/name_f] is great, by the way), it’s my favorite w/Phoebe. Super sweet & quirky & spunky but still sounds like someone who could be in charge. It’s well known but unique & has beautiful imagery.

Gemma [name_f]Marisol[/name_f]-Again, I don’t love it w/Marisol, but it doesn’t sound bad. [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] is kind of a good balance of soft & feminine w/a little bit of bold intelligence. It’s fairly old fashioned & simple, but not too common. Really cute w/Phoebe.

Thalia [name_f]Marisol[/name_f]-Gorgeous combo. I prefer [name_f]Talia[/name_f] though myself. The only reason that I don’t like this name is that I never know if it’s [name_u]Tal[/name_u]-ee-uh or Towl-ee-uh. I like it w/Phoebe alright.

Thea-This is actually probably my favorite from the list! And [name_f]Thea[/name_f] [name_f]Marisol[/name_f] is so pretty. But are [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] & [name_f]Thea[/name_f] a little tongue twister-y?

Lilac [name_f]Marisol[/name_f]-This looks & sounds really pretty, but [name_f]Lilac[/name_f] is just one of those word names that I can’t quite accept as a name. Not sure why.

Mavis [name_f]Marisol[/name_f]-The combo is a bit ‘m’ & ‘s’ heavy, & I just find [name_f]Mavis[/name_f] a little cranky librarian sounding. I like just [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] a lot.

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Phoebe & [name_f]Thea[/name_f] would be sweet!

I love [name_f]Mavis[/name_f] and [name_f]Clover[/name_f].

Clover [name_f]Marisol[/name_f] is my favorite–so sunshine-y and happy-sounding! And I love it as a sister for [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]. I love [name_f]Thea[/name_f], too, but it’s not my favorite with [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] because of the shared sounds. Definitely not a dealbreaker by any means, but I prefer [name_f]Clover[/name_f]. [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] would be my third choice–I really like it with [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f], but not so much with [name_f]Marisol[/name_f].

2 Likes

I think [name_f]Thea[/name_f] [name_f]Marisol[/name_f] has the best flow, and is classic, but uncommon enough.

I love [name_f]Clover[/name_f] and [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] together! :grin:

1 Like

I like [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Marisol[/name_f] or [name_f]Thea[/name_f] [name_f]Marisol[/name_f] to go with [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Josefina[/name_f]

So I went with [name_f]Lilac[/name_f] [name_f]Marisol[/name_f].

I think [name_f]Lilac[/name_f] is such a happy summery name with a gorgeous spunky elegance that seems to mirror [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] perfectly. I think [name_f]Lilac[/name_f] feels unexpected and is just romantic. I also absolutely adore [name_f]Marisol[/name_f]. Honestly [name_f]Lilac[/name_f] [name_f]Marisol[/name_f] is just swoon worthy. After [name_f]Lilac[/name_f] my runner ups are [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Marisol[/name_f] & [name_f]Clover[/name_f] [name_f]Marisol[/name_f].

Congratulations :tada::tada:

You have some beautiful options! I like [name_f]Thea[/name_f] [name_f]Marisol[/name_f]. [name_f]Thea[/name_f] and [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] are both familiar, classic names that hit a fresh, fun note today. I get an extra bit of pleasure seeing the Th-/Ph- combination.