For Potterheads

There was a similar thread for Hogwarts lives here but I thought a place just for Potterheads to talk about stuff (ships, theories, whatever) would be cool, I’m not sure if there’s already one like this, if there is I didn’t see it. We could all share a bit about our Hogwarts selves, and talk about [name_u]Harry[/name_u] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] stuff.
One thing I have to add: take Hogwarts [name_f]Mystery[/name_f] discussions to another thread please, I don’t want spoilers.

I’m a Ravenclaw, pure blood. I’d bring an owl named Misty. [name_f]My[/name_f] wand is chestnut, unicorn hair, 12”, sturdy. I’d be a Chaser on the Ravenclaw Quidditch team. [name_f]My[/name_f] favorite class would be Charms or Transfiguration, my favorite professor would be McGonagall. [name_f]My[/name_f] electives would be Care if Magical Creatures and Study of Ancient Runes. I would definitely be a Prefect (but I bet every Ravenclaw thinks that :joy:), and possibly Head Girl…
I’ve never really known my Patronus, possible theories are sea turtle, dolphin, giraffe, tiger, cheetah, [name_u]West[/name_u] Highland terrier (guess which one Pottermore told me).
[name_f]My[/name_f] character bestie would be [name_f]Hermione[/name_f], and my favorite ships are Nuna and Harmione.

3 Likes

[name_m]Hi[/name_m]! I’m a Slytherin, which I guess would make me a pureblood since I have some vague memory of JKR saying that only purebloods are sorted into Slytherin? Correct me if I’m wrong though :joy: I’d see myself as being more of a half-blood personally though, I think.

From Pottermore, my Patronus is an Irish Wolfhound and my wand is [name_m]Hawthorn[/name_m] wood with a dragon heartstring core, 13" and hard flexibility. I think I’d like Care of Magical Creatures, Charms, Ancient Runes or even [name_m]History[/name_m] of [name_u]Magic[/name_u] a lot, and I’d pick the same electives as you did :smile: I have a soft spot for [name_m]Remus[/name_m], and he’s my favourite of any professors, but from the non-DADA folk, I’d have to pick McGonagall or Flitwick.

I don’t think I’d go for Prefect or Head Girl - in real life, I technically was (am?) a Prefect, but nothing ever came of it, and it’s also just not my thing.

As for ships - I’m not as active in the HP fandom as I used to be, but ships I like off the top of my head are [name_u]James[/name_u]/Sirius, [name_f]Andromeda[/name_f]/Ted, Tonks/Fleur, [name_f]Luna[/name_f]/Ginny and [name_m]Albus[/name_m]/Scorpius. [name_f]My[/name_f] favourite characters in general are pretty much all of the characters from the Marauder’s [name_f]Era[/name_f] ([name_u]James[/name_u], [name_m]Sirius[/name_m], [name_m]Remus[/name_m], [name_f]Marlene[/name_f], [name_f]Andromeda[/name_f], [name_m]Ted[/name_m], etc.), and also [name_f]Fleur[/name_f], [name_m]Cedric[/name_m] and [name_f]Luna[/name_f].

[name_f]My[/name_f] No. 1 favourite character, though, is definitely (the original) [name_m]Percival[/name_m] [name_m]Graves[/name_m] from Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. I just love the character the fandom created for him and it makes me quite upset that we’re likely not going to see anything more from [name_m]Colin[/name_m] [name_u]Farrell[/name_u] in the franchise :joy::sob::joy: I also really love [name_m]Newt[/name_m], though, so that makes up for it :smile:

I used to be very into the fandom, but I’ve since distanced myself from it because of Rowling. I’ve read the books about 10 times and seen the movies way more than that since they’re always on TV where I live. From what I remember, I was in Hufflepuff, my wand had a unicorn hair core, and my patronus was a dog. [name_f]My[/name_f] favorite characters are [name_f]Luna[/name_f], the Weasley twins, and Professor McGonnagal (I have absolutely no idea if I spelled that correctly and my phone is being weird so I can’t use spell check :sweat_smile:).

The rest of my family is still semi-into the fandom! [name_f]My[/name_f] cousin went to see Cursed Child right before quarantine and my aunt has a chihuahua mix named Dobby. I’ve also gone to a lot of the exhibitions with them (there was one about making the movies in NY when I was about 7 and one about Rowling’s writing process last year. Those were super cool). If I had the opportunity, I’d go to Leakycon but only because I’m a huge Starkid fan and they usually perform there.

I went to Cursed Child right before quarantine too! It was in [name_f]February[/name_f]… like right before it really got big

1 Like

@books_and_tea Snape, Voldemort and Umbridge are all half-blood Slytherins so there are definitely exceptions to the rule but I think they are considered fairly rare. At least, I suspect they were, before the war was over and perceptions began to change.

I’m a Ravenclaw and a half-blood but I was raised in the muggle world. Mum and Dad aren’t together and she didn’t tell him or me until my letter arrived because she’d tried to get away from it all after the first war. He always said I was special though.

I have a cat called [name_u]Gus[/name_u], a dogwood wood wand with a phoenix feather core, 13" and rigid flexibility and a bay mare for a patronus. I excel at Potions, Charms and Transfiguration, enjoy Defense Against the Dark Arts and Herbology and am curious about [name_m]History[/name_m] of [name_u]Magic[/name_u] and Care of Magical Creatures. As well as CoMC, I took Runes and Muggle Studies for electives. I’d give being a Prefect/Head Girl a miss.

As for ships, I like some canon - [name_u]Harry[/name_u]/Ginny and [name_f]Lily[/name_f]/James - but I do like some non-canon, totally reliant on fanfiction ships too. I am a big Marauders [name_f]Era[/name_f] fan, [name_m]Sirius[/name_m]/Marlene as well as the Potters mainly. I also like a lot of time-jump fics, usually with [name_f]Hermione[/name_f] going back and being with [name_m]Remus[/name_m]. I like [name_f]Hermione[/name_f] with [name_m]Cedric[/name_m] in alt-universe fics too. I did venture into a few Next [name_f]Gen[/name_f] [name_u]Teddy[/name_u]/Lily [name_f]Luna[/name_f] fics too.

On any given day, a different member of the Marauders can be my favourite character but going purely off canon works, it’d have to be [name_m]Remus[/name_m].

@jjayx :woman_facepalming: I can’t believe I completely forgot about them! I blame the fact that I haven’t read the books or seen the films in years :joy: I also love that you’d have a cat called [name_u]Gus[/name_u]! Absolutely adorable.

Also, like @MagnoliaE, Rowling was a big reason as to why I stopped being so active in the fandom, which is a shame. And I used to live by AVPM back when I was super into HP - I tried to get my little sister into them more recently, but it didn’t really work :joy:

1 Like

I actually have a cat named [name_u]Gus[/name_u]!
@books_and_tea @MagnoliaE I do not agree with some of Rowling’s views, I do admit that recently she has been slightly turning me off. I mostly just try to ignore her views and just try to enjoy a good story.

3 Likes

Ooh, that’s lovely! I’d love to get a cat, but my brother has allergies.

And yeah, I get what you mean with distancing the content from the creator. I tried to but I just noticed more and more prejudices and harmful stereotypes in her work and it’s really put me off. I don’t think I’ll ever read the books again (I actually only got through them once because the writing style was just not my thing, and then quickly jumped to fanfiction :joy:) but I still try to interact with some of the fandom online with headcanons, edits, etc.

1 Like

[name_m]Hi[/name_m]! I’m a Hufflepuff :heart:
From some random websites, my patronus is a cat. I haven’t done the Pottermore test yet though.

I consider myself to be a half-blood, I think.
As for ships, definitely: [name_m]Albus[/name_m]/Scorpius, [name_f]Luna[/name_f]/Neville (occasionally). I’ve been trying to distance myself from JKR, but I still love [name_u]Harry[/name_u] [name_m]Potter[/name_m]!
Sometimes, I read fanfiction, but it’s never really that great. Does anyone have good hp fanfic recommendations?
I’d never be a prefect. I just… can’t. Also, I’m really short and kind of quiet so most people would just look right on past me if I tried to boss them around for prefect duties. Also, I’d probably always get mistaken for a first year, second year third year… maybe. :angry:

I haven’t seen the Cursed Child play, but I read the script partly for the nostalgia. Obviously, it wasn’t as good as the ones by JKR, but still. :slight_smile:

1 Like

[name_m]Hi[/name_m]! I’m [name_f]Emmy[/name_f]! I’m a Hufflepuff and I consider myself to be a half blood. I’d bring a barn owl named [name_u]Mercury[/name_u], my favourite classes would probably be Transfiguration, [name_m]History[/name_m] of [name_u]Magic[/name_u], and Ancient Runes. As electives I would probably take Ancient Runes, Arithmancy and Muggle Studies. I’d absolutely be a prefect, and hopefully Head Girl as well :smiley:

I can’t really remember my wand (I think I had yew wood, but that might be completely wrong), and I’ve had a bunch of different patronuses, so… yeah

The character I relate to most is [name_f]Hermione[/name_f], so that makes her one of my favourites. Some of my other favourites are [name_m]Remus[/name_m], [name_m]Sirius[/name_m], [name_m]Seamus[/name_m], [name_u]Dean[/name_u], [name_m]Cedric[/name_m], and [name_f]Ginny[/name_f], just to name a few. As for ships, I love Hinny, Romione, Scorbus, Deamus, and sometimes Wolfstar (depends)

I also just have to say that the [name_m]Black[/name_m] family did lots of wrong, but one of the things I approve of is how they named their children, lol. [name_u]Love[/name_u] the astrological names :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am a Hufflepuff, probably a half-blood (but I’ve never thought about that one, tbh). I’d be the Seeker on the Quidditch team and Prefect (but not Head Girl). [name_f]My[/name_f] boyfriend/future husband ( :sweat_smile: ) is a Slytherin.

I would have a pet cat (as I do now). [name_f]My[/name_f] favorite subjects would be Care of Magical Creatures and Muggle Studies. [name_f]My[/name_f] patronus is a bear.

[name_f]My[/name_f] least controversial ship is Drarry so… We’ll leave it at that :sweat_smile:

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

1 Like

The old pottermore quiz put me in Slytherin but the updated one put me in Ravenclaw… so because the hat listens to where you want to go I’m going to stick with Slytherin (I don’t want to get my tattoo covered :wink: )

I’d bring an barn owl called [name_f]Esme[/name_f].
[name_f]My[/name_f] patronus would be a fox or a tiger.
[name_f]My[/name_f] favorite subjects would be Potions and Transfiguration.

The books were great but the fanfiction is better :wink:
[name_f]My[/name_f] main HP ships are [name_u]Harry[/name_u]/Draco, [name_m]Oliver[/name_m]/Percy and [name_f]Hermione[/name_f]/Snape, I also support [name_f]Luna[/name_f]/Ginny [name_m]Scorpius[/name_m]/Albus and [name_u]Dean[/name_u]/Seamus but I don’t read them alone.