For the user Ange, (Angela)

This is for [name]Ange[/name]!
[name]Ange[/name] sent me a message with this question, here is my response. Thought some others might want an answer to a similar question!

[name]ANGE[/name]: Hello. I just read your children’s names in your signature and it looks like you named your first two in a similar sound pattern as mine will be. I’ve been told by one person that I should not do this. My names are [name]Grace[/name] and [name]Mason[/name].

Did you have issues (before your third child) saying [name]Chase[/name] and [name]Mason[/name], sounding like [name]Chasen[/name] [name]Mason[/name]. My friend says it’ll sound like [name]Grayson[/name] [name]Mason[/name] when I call my kids and that it will be awful. But the name [name]Mason[/name] is the only one my husband and I both like. I’d love your input. Thanks!!

ME : It doesn’t really matter, especially if they will go by nicknames. Their family, friends and teachers will know their names, that is all that matters. Pronounce everything clearly. I didn’t care about the [name]Chasen[/name] [name]Mason[/name] thing.

Another tip: You don’t have to say [name]Grace[/name] and [name]Mason[/name]. You can say [name]Mason[/name] and [name]Grace[/name].

[name]Bree[/name], thanks! I’m new to this site and I’ve been searching for where my message went! I can’t find where I would even know if I got a message! Ha! That’s the only thing - we don’t plan on using nicknames for either of them. But I absolutely appreciate your response!! Thank you. We are 2-3 weeks out and are just working on the middle name. I’m trying to let those negative thoughts go as I’m already calling [name]Baby[/name] 2012 by the name [name]Mason[/name] in my thoughts. :slight_smile: So excited to meet him!

east93, you are brilliant! I have just recently thought about that also and if it bugs me too much I’ll just make a point of choosing the reverse order just like you mentioned. :slight_smile:

[name]Happy[/name] I could help!