Forecasting spikes in popularity of a name?

I’m quite stuck trying to find a name for my first child, a daughter due in 4 weeks. I haven’t had success adding new names to the list recently. Currently, my 2 favorites are [name]Rowan[/name] [name]Alexa[/name] and [name]Rose[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]. [name]Both[/name] [name]Rowan[/name] and [name]Rose[/name] are rank around mid-300’s in popularity for first names. I love [name]Rowan[/name] because it is unusual and Gaelic (my last name is McGrath). But I have heard of 3 girls recently named [name]Rowan[/name], and if you look at it’s rise in popularity, it appears to be on a steady upward climb from recent obscurity. I don’t want to pick the next “[name]Jennifer[/name]” of the 70’s or “[name]Aidan[/name]” of the current years!

Any insights? Or name suggestions for that matter?! Thanks,

• [name]Claire[/name]

It looks like [name]Rowan[/name] is rising but I don’t think you have any fear of it being in the top 100, at least not for a few years. As a female name it is only #469.

[name]Rose[/name] is a classic and safe pic. Very lovely. Most people will use it as a middle name but I think its an underused first name! Doesn’t look like it is rising in popularity either.

I think both safe to use in terms of not being overly popular. Very different styles though- [name]Rowan[/name] is a unisex name and [name]Rose[/name] is distinctly feminine. But use the one that has the most meaning for you.