Forever Loves

So I’ve seen threads pop up every few months about names we liked when we were kids/teens.

This thread is in the same vein as that, but this time I want to know what are the names that you have loved for the longest time? :mantelpiece_clock: :question: (Names you still love!)

For me, I think my longest love is Karsia. It’s a name of personal significance, and I’ve loved it ever since… I want to say my mid-childhood. Maybe since early middle school? So not THAT long in the grand scheme of things, but it feels like forever ago. Another long-time love is [name_m]Isaac[/name_m]! I’ve just always thought of it as such a handsome, classical, and established name. :heart: :heart_eyes:

Newer (ish), but still long time loves (>3 years) include [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f], [name_u]Léonie[/name_u], [name_f]Fleur[/name_f], [name_u]Jasper[/name_u], and [name_u]Luca[/name_u]. :slight_smile:

All of these names listed still feature in my top :two::zero:! [name_f]My[/name_f] style has changed slightly over time, but definitely nowhere near as much as most people!

7 Likes

For me it would be [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]. One of the reasons it’s my top name is because I’ve loved it for so long. It was my favorite name before I even started liking names, and I really don’t think that love will ever fade.

1 Like

10+ Years: [name_f]Clara[/name_f], [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], [name_u]Elliott[/name_u], [name_m]Henry[/name_m], [name_u]Theo[/name_u], [name_m]Oscar[/name_m], [name_f]Matilda[/name_f], [name_f]Emma[/name_f]
5-7 Years: Basically all the first names in my UC (minus [name_f]Orla[/name_f])
abt. 2 Years: [name_u]Vyvyan[/name_u]/Vivian, [name_u]Lionel[/name_u], [name_f]Blythe[/name_f], [name_m]Odilon[/name_m]
Recently: [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] (but I don’t consider that a love really)

1 Like

I’ve loved [name_m]Simon[/name_m] since I was 3 :slight_smile: (Purely because of Alvin & The Chipmunks + Nanny McPhee)

2 Likes

@DriftingMaie, [name_m]Simon[/name_m] is also the name I’ve loved longest!

2 Likes

Osiris and [name_f]Mavis[/name_f] are names that I’ve loved since I was probably about 11 or 12. I still love them and would name my (very) future baby that in a second

1 Like

My forever loves tend to be a little more classic/popular than the names on my actual shortlists now, simply because 8-year-old me had heard of them, I guess!

But I have long loved, and still love, these…

Anna, [name_f]Eve[/name_f], [name_f]Matilda[/name_f], [name_f]Eliza[/name_f], [name_f]Helena[/name_f], [name_f]Rosa[/name_f] and [name_f]Zara[/name_f] for girls;

Max, [name_m]Louis[/name_m], [name_m]Felix[/name_m], [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m], [name_m]Isaac[/name_m], [name_m]Leo[/name_m] and [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] for boys.

2 Likes

Names I have loved since middle school––so for 13+ years: [name_f]Eloise[/name_f], [name_u]Julian[/name_u], [name_m]Fletcher[/name_m] & [name_u]Beckett[/name_u]

Names I have loved for 5+ years as an adult: [name_u]Rowan[/name_u], [name_m]Calvin[/name_m], [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f], [name_f]Eliza[/name_f], [name_f]Annabel[/name_f], [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f], [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f], [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] & [name_u]Jude[/name_u]

1 Like

Maeve and [name_m]Torin[/name_m] have been on my shortlist for almost 8 years (although I’m pretty certain I’m going to knock both off soon… they’ve just become stale for me :grimacing:)

1 Like

Sebastian is the main one for me. I’ve loved it ever since I started thinking about names in my early teens, so for a long time! Another is [name_m]Oscar[/name_m].

The main one for girls is [name_f]India[/name_f]. I’ve always loved this name and while I wouldn’t actually use it now I do think it’s beautiful.

1 Like

[name_f]Emma[/name_f] is my longest love! She was always my favorite growing up! Others that I’ve liked for awhile (like since I joined nameberry) are [name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_f]Anya[/name_f], [name_u]June[/name_u], [name_m]Wesley[/name_m], [name_u]Timothy[/name_u], [name_u]August[/name_u] and [name_u]Elliot[/name_u]!

[name_f]My[/name_f] newest loves are at the bottom of my UC (except [name_m]Cedric[/name_m], who joined the party with [name_m]Linus[/name_m] and [name_m]Edwin[/name_m]!)

2 Likes

I’ve loved [name_f]Lillian[/name_f]/Lily for as long as I can remember! I named my sugar baby [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] in elementary school! [name_f]My[/name_f] other longest loves for girls include [name_f]Stella[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Liv[/name_f], [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] and [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]. [name_f]My[/name_f] longest loves for boys include [name_m]Harrison[/name_m], [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u], [name_u]August[/name_u] and [name_u]Parker[/name_u].

1 Like

[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] - about 6 years
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] - about 6 years
[name_u]Oliver[/name_u] - about 8 years
[name_f]Eloise[/name_f] - 4/5ish years, I believe

One that used to be a top name for me that’s not anymore, but I still like it is [name_f]Lydia[/name_f]. It was a favourite from when I was somewhere around 5/6/7/8 until 16/17 I think. I originally loved it because of [name_f]Lydia[/name_f] in the Bible. She was a seller of purple & I loved purple, so… :woman_shrugging:t2::joy:

4 Likes

My longest loves have been:
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f], [name_f]Opal[/name_f], [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f], [name_f]Verity[/name_f] & [name_f]Elsie[/name_f]
[name_m]William[/name_m], [name_m]Vincent[/name_m], [name_m]Henry[/name_m], [name_u]Bennett[/name_u] & [name_m]Wesley[/name_m]

1 Like

Elliot(t)! And [name_m]Stan[/name_m] and [name_f]Susanna[/name_f].

1 Like

Love this thread idea :heart:

My eternal love is Caspian. I’ve loved it since my mother read the Chronicles of Narnia as a bedtime story when I was a little child. So about 15 years. I’m lowkey sad to see Caspian climbing up the charts quite quickly… but I love this name so much that even popularity wouldn’t stop me.

I’ve loved Arielle since a friend of my parents used it, about 10 or 11 years ago. I remember being completely floored by the name when I saw their announcement on Facebook, and the feeling has never worn off.

Other names I’ve loved for years…

Rose/Rosa (as long as I can remember)
Evangeline (~10 years)
Casper (~10 years)
Flynn (~6 years)
Atlas (~5 years) I hate how popular this has gotten, and how quickly :sob:
Athena (~7 years) ditto above
Odette (~6 years)

This is super out of my usual style, but I have been obsessed with Vashti ever since I was old enough to understand her as a feminist figure in the Hadassah story… so maybe 10 years ago. I think it’s such a gorgeous sounding name with a powerful namesake. If I ever had a daughter with Persian heritage, I’d name her this in a heartbeat.

I have also loved the Hebrew name Ayelet since I was a child and met someone with this name. I’ve been drawn to deer/fawns/doe my whole life and when I discovered this means doe/gazelle, I loved it even more!

Names I loved for a long time that are now ‘nice’ but no longer my favourites,

Anastasia, Giselle and Scarlet (10+ years)
Darcy, Dominic and William (10+ years)

Recent loves that I predict will stand the test of time,

Avalon (started loving June 2020)
Lucien (started loving 2019)
Arden (started loving 2020)

4 Likes

omg. this as a sibset :heart_eyes: wow!!

2 Likes

Emmett. I fell out of love recently though! :sob:

1 Like

I love this tread!

I can’t remember which one I started to like first, but growing up, I loved [name_f]Catherine[/name_f], [name_u]Julian[/name_u] and [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u]. Not long after, I fell for [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]. All these names were common where I live, and I associated each of them with a dear friend :heart: I still love all of them.

I started to like other names because of movies and book series : [name_m]Bastien[/name_m] (Never Ending [name_u]Story[/name_u]), [name_m]Mathias[/name_m] (Redwall), [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] ([name_f]Narnia[/name_f]), [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] (His Dark Material)

1 Like

For girls: [name_f]Amelia[/name_f], [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], [name_f]Michelle[/name_f] “[name_u]Mickey[/name_u],” [name_f]Tessa[/name_f]/Tess, [name_f]Jessamine[/name_f], [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f]/Sabina/Sabine

For boys: [name_m]Simon[/name_m], [name_u]Elliot[/name_u], [name_m]Colin[/name_m], [name_u]Connor[/name_u], [name_m]Anthony[/name_m], [name_m]Alastair[/name_m], [name_u]Theo[/name_u], [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]

1 Like