Formal or nn

See the results of this poll: Philippa & Matilda or Pippa & Tilly

Respondents: 44 (This poll is closed)

• Philippa & Matilda : 43 (98%)
  • Pippa & Tilly: 1 (2%)

I trust this question means as to what goes on the birth certificate? I really like the nns, but prefer the full names for birth-naming purposes (I also like the full names w/o the nn’s, but, you know, the nn’s are great too especially for girls). All best!

I have the same question as jesba. And agree with her as well!

I like [name]Tilly[/name] and [name]Pippa[/name] better than [name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Philippa[/name], but I could never use just a nickname instead of a full name. My wonderful OCD at work. :confused: I think [name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Philippa[/name] are great options, and [name]Tilly[/name] and [name]Pippa[/name] are oh-so-cute. I like that [name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Philippa[/name] have more options than just [name]Tilly[/name] and [name]Pippa[/name] do.

I voted for [name]Philippa[/name] and [name]Matilda[/name], but I would love [name]Philippa[/name] & [name]Tilly[/name] :slight_smile:

I am the opposite of dillonsfan01, I voted [name]Philippa[/name] and [name]Matilda[/name], but would love [name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Pippa[/name].

I would use the formal names for their birth certificates. I think you could call them by those nicknames though. They sound very cute together.

Philippa & [Matilda

I](Matilda - Baby Name Meaning, Origin, and Popularity | Nameberry) really dislike ‘[name]Pippa[/name]’

I would definitely choose the more formal [name]Philippa[/name] and [name]Matilda[/name] with [name]Pippa[/name] and [name]Tilly[/name] as nicknames. [name]Philippa[/name] and [name]Matilda[/name] are both gorgeous. [name]Pippa[/name] and [name]Tilly[/name] are cute and spunky nn’s for little girls but if the longer forms are picked, the girls can always revert to using them when they get older.

[name]Love[/name] all 4 names and especially together!

I would use the formal names on the birth certificate and call them by the nicknames everyday!

I’d go with [name]Philippa[/name] and [name]Matilda[/name] on the birth certificate.
You can always choose to shorten them later to [name]Pippa[/name]/[name]Tilly[/name] if you wish.
Always go for the more formal option on the birth certificate though!