Former Teenberry needs name help for an actual baby!

Hey Berries! It’s been a while since I’ve posted here! DH and I are almost 8 weeks away from meeting our baby girl, and it’s so much harder to love combos now that there’s an actual baby to name! DH’s opinion changes by the day, and at this point, is fine with pretty much anything as long as it’s not too crazy or little girl cutesy. I’m hoping to bring in a short list of contenders and letting the baby tell us her name.

We initially started the pregnancy with an old favorite of mine, first name [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] and middle name [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f]. While we both like it, I just keep feeling like the vibes aren’t quite right for this baby. We’ll probably keep it on the list just in case.

We’ve also been seriously considering switching the names around and/or moving [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] up to the first name slot. We both really like the name, but haven’t found the middle name that makes it absolutely perfect. I’ve also dug through past [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] threads and suggestions, but no luck there.

Some middles we’ve tossed around and liked:
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]/[name_f]Bea[/name_f] ([name_f]Bee[/name_f])
[name_f]Bronte[/name_f] (okay, this is more me since DH just thinks of dinosaurs, but he hasn’t specifically said no yet)

Except for [name_f]Bronte[/name_f], any of the above are open to potentially being first names, though I’m not super fond of the popularity of certain ones. We’ve also thrown around [name_f]Lyra[/name_f], [name_f]Delphine[/name_f], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f], and [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f], and different combinations of them, but they’ve just been thoughts. I also like [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] (leen), but it’s too close to the name of one of DH’s past dogs.

At this point, we’re needing some fresh inspiration to get out of this rut and are open to any and all suggestions! I know most of the names I’ve listed swing more classic or vintage, but we definitely haven’t ruled out pairing the familiar with something a little more unexpected or distinctive. Our last name is similar to [name_m]Henderson[/name_m], and we aren’t against longer combos with our last name.

Thank you!!!

2 Likes

[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelia[/name_f]
[name_u]Allison[/name_u]
[name_f]Anastasia[/name_f]
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f]
[name_f]Dahlia[/name_f]
[name_f]Delphine[/name_f]
[name_u]Antonia[/name_u]
[name_f]Carolina[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]
[name_u]Alcott[/name_u] (Another literary name!)
[name_f]Blythe[/name_f]
[name_u]Maria[/name_u]

Out of your list, I think [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] and [name_f]Alice[/name_f] are my favorites for first names. But really you can’t go wrong with any of them. Here’s a few more ideas if the top of my head:
[name_f]Opal[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Susannah[/name_f]
[name_f]Mariel[/name_f]
[name_f]Angelica[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f]
[name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilias[/name_f]
[name_u]Louise[/name_u]
[name_u]Wren[/name_u]
[name_f]Vera[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f]
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_f]Tallulah[/name_f]
[name_f]Dorothy[/name_f]
[name_f]Thea[/name_f]
[name_f]Anastasia[/name_f]
Laeta

Of your names, I really like [name_f]Ivy[/name_f], [name_f]Alice[/name_f], and [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]! I think [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f], [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Bronte[/name_f], and [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] would be lovely. [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] or [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] [name_f]Bronte[/name_f] I think totally work if you end up seeing that as a first name.

Other names you might like:
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f]/[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Louisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Flora[/name_f]/[name_f]Florence[/name_f]
[name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Elena[/name_f]
[name_f]Willa[/name_f]
[name_f]Eloise[/name_f]
[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]
[name_f]Lorelai[/name_f]
[name_f]Maren[/name_f]
[name_f]Bronwyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Tessa[/name_f]

[name_f]Ida[/name_f]
[name_f]Nella[/name_f]
[name_f]May[/name_f]
[name_f]Olive[/name_f]
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f]
[name_f]Willa[/name_f]
[name_f]Frida[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilah[/name_f]
[name_f]Nina[/name_f]
[name_f]Caroline[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_u]Ariel[/name_u]
[name_f]Hattie[/name_f]
[name_f]Nora[/name_f]
[name_f]Laurel[/name_f]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]
[name_f]Helena[/name_f]

From your list I like the combo [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] and [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] [name_f]Delphine[/name_f]

[name_f]Seraphina[/name_f]’s middle name…
[name_f]Renee[/name_f]
[name_f]Ethel[/name_f]
[name_f]Colette[/name_f]
[name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Brielle[/name_f]
[name_f]Esmae[/name_f]
[name_f]Odette[/name_f]

Other ideas…
[name_f]Clover[/name_f]
[name_f]Lyla[/name_f]
[name_f]Aura[/name_f]
[name_f]Dahlia[/name_f]
[name_f]Safira[/name_f]
[name_f]Jade[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Elise[/name_f]
[name_f]Flora[/name_f]
[name_f]Marceline[/name_f]
[name_f]Priscilla[/name_f]
[name_f]Gwenora[/name_f]
[name_f]Mona[/name_f]
[name_f]Sienna[/name_f]
[name_f]Heather[/name_f]
[name_f]Della[/name_f]
[name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f]
[name_f]Zelda[/name_f]
[name_f]Chantal[/name_f]
[name_f]Francesca[/name_f]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Evalina[/name_f]
[name_f]Layla[/name_f]

[name_u]New[/name_u] Combos:
[name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Gwenevere[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Francesca[/name_f]
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]

There are already so many amazing suggestions but I’ll just post one that popped into my head while I was reading your post. If you like [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] and [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f], maybe you’d like [name_f]Geneva[/name_f]? nn [name_f]Neve[/name_f]? [name_f]Geneva[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] sounds cute to me! Okay that’s all :slight_smile:

I love [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f], [name_f]Alice[/name_f], [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] and [name_f]Lyra[/name_f]! One combo I like is [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f].

What about something like [name_f]Lilah[/name_f]? [name_f]Delilah[/name_f]?
[name_u]Lyric[/name_u]
[name_f]Solara[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]

I think [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] is gorgeous, but if you’re not feeling it I think [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Delphine[/name_f] would be beautiful, as would [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] [name_f]Delphine[/name_f]! I also love [name_f]Bronte[/name_f] as a middle but it seems like your partner won’t go for it to unfortunately. If you’re thinking you’d like to use [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] as a first name, I think [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f], [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] [name_f]Bea[/name_f] and [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] are lovely. Another I love is [name_f]Delphine[/name_f] as a first name, it goes with so many of your other names: [name_f]Delphine[/name_f] [name_f]Ivy[/name_f], [name_f]Delphine[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f], [name_f]Delphine[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f] and [name_f]Delphine[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] are all beautiful combos. Good luck!

Ahh, this is fantastic news :heart: [name_f]Welcome[/name_f] back, @Tay2thestars, and congratulations!

[name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] is an absolutely gorgeous name, and I think [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] would be beautiful too, if you did decide to use [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] up front.

I really like all of your options, actually, especially [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]/[name_f]Bea[/name_f], [name_f]Lyra[/name_f], [name_f]Delphine[/name_f], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] and [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]. All of those seem to fit the classic/vintage but a little bit quirky and unexpected vibe that you seem to be going for.

So many great suggestions above already! Three I don’t think have been mentioned yet are:

[name_f]Vita[/name_f]: light, bright, simple, sophisticated, literary, vintage – can you tell I love [name_f]Vita[/name_f]?! I think it would sound fab with your longer last name, and it has that bold V sound which is a big part of the appeal of [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]. Also a great meaning (life), and potential for Vee or [name_f]Vivi[/name_f] for short.

[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]: similar in sound to [name_f]Ivy[/name_f], but with added [name_u]French[/name_u] charm and less commonly used. It still has a lovely nature-inspired meaning (of the forest), feels both sweet and sturdy.

[name_f]Clover[/name_f]: sweet but feisty! I totally love [name_f]Clover[/name_f] and think it’s seriously underused, as a nature and flower name that doesn’t feel too frilly or overdone. I also think it would sound awesome with your last name. Maybe paired with a more traditional/classic name in the middle: [name_f]Clover[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f], [name_f]Clover[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], [name_f]Clover[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f], [name_f]Clover[/name_f] [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f], [name_f]Clover[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]… :four_leaf_clover:

Good luck! Please do let us know what you go with.

Some middles for [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f]

[name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] [name_u]Camille[/name_u]
[name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] [name_u]Louise[/name_u]
[name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
[name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]
[name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] [name_f]Daphne[/name_f]
[name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] [name_f]Carys[/name_f]
[name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] [name_f]Collette[/name_f]
[name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] [name_u]Willow[/name_u]

Otherwise, I love [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] or [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]

Some other ideas
[name_f]Delphine[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Bronte[/name_f] [name_f]Amelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelie[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] [name_f]Eulalia[/name_f]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]

Huge congratulations [name_u]Tay[/name_u]! So happy for you! :slight_smile:

[name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] would make a fabulous first name pick.
Some combos

[name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f]
[name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] [name_u]Lark[/name_u]
[name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] [name_f]Edie[/name_f]
[name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] [name_f]Laurel[/name_f]
[name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] [name_u]Clare[/name_u]
[name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] [name_f]Odette[/name_f]
[name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] [name_f]Margo[/name_f]

Some other names suggestions (sorry for repeats)

[name_f]Tallulah[/name_f]
[name_f]Tabitha[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]/[name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]
[name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilac[/name_f]/[name_f]Lillian[/name_f]
[name_f]Lorelei[/name_f]
[name_f]Margo[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f]
[name_f]Evie[/name_f]/[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f]
[name_f]Gwen[/name_f]
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f]
[name_f]Florence[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucia[/name_f]/[name_f]Lucinda[/name_f]
[name_f]Willa[/name_f]
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_f]Marigold[/name_f]/[name_f]Goldie[/name_f]
[name_f]Helena[/name_f]
[name_f]Bianca[/name_f]
[name_f]Birdie[/name_f]
[name_f]Viola[/name_f]
[name_f]Veronica[/name_f]

Good luck!

Congratulations!!

I love all of these suggestions ! I’m no help!

Congratulations!!!

Some names I think you might like:
[name_f]Sabrina[/name_f], [name_u]Willow[/name_u], [name_f]Moon[/name_f], [name_f]Lilac[/name_f], [name_f]Clover[/name_f], [name_f]Meadow[/name_f], [name_f]Linnea[/name_f], [name_f]Felicity[/name_f], [name_f]Adabelle[/name_f], [name_f]Ada[/name_f], [name_f]Wilma[/name_f], [name_f]Willa[/name_f], [name_f]Callista[/name_f], [name_f]Calliope[/name_f], [name_f]Ramona[/name_f], [name_f]Regina[/name_f], [name_f]Oceana[/name_f], [name_f]Pearl[/name_f], [name_f]Opal[/name_f], [name_f]Birdie[/name_f], [name_f]Bernadette[/name_f], [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], [name_f]May[/name_f], [name_f]Elara[/name_f], [name_u]Briar[/name_u]

Thank you everyone!!! So sorry for the late response but you guys are amazing! I hope I don’t miss anyone…

@IrinaNicolaStrong - I’m glad we both like [name_f]Delphine[/name_f]! [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] is actually a name we were tossing around as a middle name, since it was my middle name before I got married. It’s definitely still an option! [name_f]Carolina[/name_f] was also one I had been recently thinking about. I feel it’s one of those names that is recognizable but underused. I’ll have to mull over it some more.

@HelenaHepzibah - [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] was a name that my husband liked early on because of nature and Disney, and he actually brought it up again over the weekend! I’ve always had a soft spot for [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]…maybe [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]?

@rosejuliet - [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Bronte[/name_f] is so pretty and storybook-ish! I’ll have to throw it out to DH and see what he thinks! I’m definitely thinking we’ll be keeping [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] on the hospital list just in case she turns out sweet instead of spicy! [name_f]Florence[/name_f] was one that I was kinda sorta considering since the full name is so pretty, but my biggest issue is the “[name_f]Flo[/name_f]” nickname. Sigh.

@Babies123456 - I actually tossed the similar [name_f]Nelle[/name_f] to DH to see what he thought, and he just seemed meh about it :pensive:. I am thinking of the similar [name_f]Carolina[/name_f] too, but I’ll have to see what he thinks of that one.

@river_dweller - [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] is so lovely and vintage! Unfortunately, DH over the weekend decided that [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] could only be a middle name :frowning_face:. I could see if maybe [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] might be an option for him… [name_m]Ah[/name_m], you suggested one of my GPs! [name_f]Clover[/name_f]/[name_u]Clove[/name_u] has always been a love of mine, but I’m worried it could be too out there and not age well?

@Kittylitter - Thank you so much! It’s been amazing going through these posts and being reminded of names I enjoyed in the past! It’s definitely given me a lot to think about! [name_f]Geneva[/name_f] is definitely an interesting option…I’ll have to mull it over!

@Jennifer_Rose - Thank you! I love [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] too, but sadly it reminds DH too much of Scooby-Doo and “daffy”. He was okay with [name_f]Delphine[/name_f] and the dolphin connection though, so I think it’s more of an association thing than a sound thing.

@dinosaursroar - [name_f]Lilah[/name_f] and her variations have been popping up all over in the schools I’ve been in over the last few years and is a friend’s sister’s name. [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] has always had such a nice melodic sound to me, but I have a hard time with the Biblical association. [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] has been on my mind too, but I’ve been flip-flopping on the [name_f]Trix[/name_f]/[name_f]Trixie[/name_f] part.

@TDFM - Thank you! Your suggestions are all so pretty! DH seems to be the kind of person that suddenly changes his mind about a name if he hears the right combo, so I do hold onto a touch of hope! But in the meantime, you’re right about already having options that compliment each other nicely. I definitely have to play around with what I have and see what happens! I’m definitely grateful that the names all compliment each other, so we can always do some fine-tuning should she not fit any of the names we bring in!

@katinka - Thank you! It’s great to be back! It’s a little surreal to finally have a real baby to name! I’m so glad to have gotten so much great feedback on [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f]! If she comes out and shows us that she’s a gentle soul, I’m thinking that would be a super strong contender! DH seems to be feeling [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] more and more these days, so I’m thinking we’ll definitely be keeping the combo both ways as a possibility. And yes! Classic/vintage with a touch of unexpected and quirk is a totally accurate way to describe our style! I think I mentioned it above, but [name_f]Clover[/name_f]/[name_u]Clove[/name_u] is a total GP for me for the reasons you’ve stated! [name_f]My[/name_f] only worry is that perhaps it wouldn’t age well? But I love the idea of pairing it with something more classic to balance it out. I definitely will be keeping you guys updated!

1 Like

@Greyblue - Thank you! I like [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] [name_u]Louise[/name_u], and [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] [name_u]Willow[/name_u]! [name_f]Carys[/name_f] is also an interesting option, but I unfortunately have a friend named that but spells it differently. [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] also has quite a fun feel to her!

@bellerose - Thank you so much! I love [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] [name_u]Lark[/name_u] written out and when I say it in my head, but when DH says it, it just doesn’t sound right :rofl:! Funny how you mention [name_f]Georgia[/name_f], I had suggested [name_f]Georgina[/name_f] to DH, and he just says it’s super close to his grandmother’s maiden name. I think it would be a great honor name, but he hasn’t bought into that haha. [name_f]Helena[/name_f] is also pretty, especially the “huh-lay-nuh” pronunciation!

@morgantaylore - Haha, thank you! I’m glad you are loving the suggestions too!

@EJpuddlejumper - Thank you! I love that you are suggesting [name_f]Clover[/name_f] too! [name_f]Callista[/name_f] is also so pretty!

@jonquils - [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] [name_m]Fate[/name_m] has such an interesting vibe to it! [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] [name_f]Clover[/name_f] too! It’s been a lot of fun seeing a GP of mine being suggested numerous times on here. Maybe it’s a sign!

I love the sound of [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f].

[name_f]Lydia[/name_f]
[name_f]Opal[/name_f]
[name_f]Danielle[/name_f]
[name_u]Storm[/name_u]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]
[name_f]Leanne[/name_f]
[name_u]Reece[/name_u]
[name_u]Ashley[/name_u]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucille[/name_f]
[name_f]Rochelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]
[name_u]Shelby[/name_u]
[name_f]Darlene[/name_f]
[name_f]Colette[/name_f]
[name_f]Giovanna[/name_f]
Giavanni
[name_f]Olive[/name_f]
[name_f]Rebecca[/name_f]
[name_u]Quinn[/name_u]
[name_f]Emilia[/name_f]
[name_u]Emery[/name_u]
[name_f]Lilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliana[/name_f]

I’m also a former teenberry who has come back to nameberry since TTC I’m over analysing everything can’t imagine how tough it must be as a name nerd with an actual child essentially wishing you the best of luck.

So I would stick with [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] it’s a beautiful name you both clearly love it so I would definitely stick with this name! I would also move her up to the first name slot.
Suggestions…
[name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] [name_f]Eleri[/name_f]
[name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] [name_f]Pari[/name_f]
[name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] [name_u]Willow[/name_u]
[name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] [name_f]Jewel[/name_f]
[name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] [name_u]Quinn[/name_u]
[name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] [name_u]Blaire[/name_u]
[name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] [name_f]Elise[/name_f]

[name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f]
[name_u]Romilly[/name_u] [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f]
[name_u]June[/name_u] [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f]
[name_f]Leonie[/name_f] [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatriz[/name_f] [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f]
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u] [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f]
[name_f]Trinity[/name_f] [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f]

Good luck

1 Like

I really like [name_f]Ivy[/name_f], [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f], [name_f]Bronte[/name_f] and [name_f]Delphine[/name_f]!! All of your names are lovely really and all make really nice combos! Another I’d maybe suggest for you is Broné (bron - ay), very similar to [name_f]Bronte[/name_f] but also uncommon!