Forrester for a girl?

Hello!

Recently, I have been loving girl names that end with -er. I feel like in a lot of cases the -er ending makes a name sound more feminine. With that being said, I would love to get your feedback on the name “Forrester” for a girl. I think what is really making me consider it for a girl is it having that “ester” in it. Definitely a “unique” name, especially for a girl, and I know not everyone will love it that is why I am on the fence. However, if you do like it please feel free to list some middle names that would work well with the name.

Thanks!

I’ve known of a girl called [name_m]Forrest[/name_m] which i liked so i think the natury vibe of [name_m]Forrester[/name_m] could work. It’s quite whimsical and rugged.
I think it also gives you versatile nn options -[name_f]Essie[/name_f], [name_f]Effie[/name_f] [name_m]Forrest[/name_m], [name_u]Reese[/name_u], [name_u]Frost[/name_u], [name_f]Fifi[/name_f], [name_f]Etta[/name_f]…

I’d probably pair it with something quite classic or familiar

[name_m]Forrester[/name_m] [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_m]Forrester[/name_m] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_m]Forrester[/name_m] [name_f]Louise[/name_f]
[name_m]Forrester[/name_m] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_m]Forrester[/name_m] [name_f]Zoe[/name_f]
[name_m]Forrester[/name_m] [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]
[name_m]Forrester[/name_m] [name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_m]Forrester[/name_m] [name_f]Eve[/name_f]
[name_m]Forrester[/name_m] [name_f]Adele[/name_f]
[name_m]Forrester[/name_m] [name_f]Beth[/name_f]
[name_m]Forrester[/name_m] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_m]Forrester[/name_m] [name_f]Amy[/name_f]

I rather like [name_m]Forrest[/name_m] for a girl but for some reason, [name_m]Forrester[/name_m] doesn’t do it for me. It’s not awful, but I personally think the -er at the end gives it a harsher, more masculine vibe. And it makes me think of the Subaru.

Personally I don’t really like it forest or forester for a girl but if I had to choose, it would be forest over forester, I feel like the er at the end makes it sound more masculine. But go with what YOU love. If in your heart, that’s her name, then that’s her name. asking for advice is great but can really confuse you. I think if you love it, use it.

I think it’s usable on the right person! Definitely unique… and I like the fact about “[name_f]Ester[/name_f]”, I dont think I would have noticed that otherwise.
To me, adding the -er makes the name very long, so I prefer [name_m]Forrest[/name_m]/[name_m]Forest[/name_m]. But that’s personal preference.

Possible nn Etsy.

[name_m]Forrester[/name_m] [name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_m]Forrester[/name_m] [name_f]Marie[/name_f]
[name_m]Forrester[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_m]Forrester[/name_m] [name_f]Luna[/name_f]
[name_m]Forrester[/name_m] [name_f]Jade[/name_f]

I think [name_m]Forrester[/name_m] would be cute on a girl!

I’d definitely use an obviously feminine middle name though.

[name_m]Forrester[/name_m] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_m]Forrester[/name_m] [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]
[name_m]Forrester[/name_m] [name_f]Isabel[/name_f]
[name_m]Forrester[/name_m] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_m]Forrester[/name_m] [name_f]Emily[/name_f]
[name_m]Forrester[/name_m] [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]
[name_m]Forrester[/name_m] [name_f]Evie[/name_f]
[name_m]Forrester[/name_m] [name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_m]Forrester[/name_m] [name_f]Willow[/name_f]
[name_m]Forrester[/name_m] [name_f]Maisie[/name_f]
[name_m]Forrester[/name_m] [name_f]Annalise[/name_f]

I knew a woman named [name_m]Forrest[/name_m], and it really suited her! A soft nature vibe that fitted her slightly hippie personality lol. I remember loving how unique her name was! [name_m]Forrester[/name_m], however, actually does sound more masculine to me with the -er, and a lot harsher. It isn’t bad, but for me personally I feel like it wouldn’t belong on a little girl. On a little boy, I think it could work though.

Reminds me of the car, but I think if it didn’t I would like it :slight_smile:

I agree that [name_m]Forrester[/name_m] definitely sounds as more unisex than [name_m]Forrest[/name_m]. I like both names, but I prefer them on boys. I wouldnt say [name_m]Forrester[/name_m] is unusable for a girl though, it’s just not my tatse

I personally like [name_m]Forest[/name_m] on a boy, I don’t like [name_m]Forrester[/name_m] for either gender.

I do love [name_u]Parker[/name_u] for a girl! It has a similar meaning or [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u].

Or
[name_f]Fawn[/name_f]
[name_f]Fern[/name_f]
[name_f]Cypress[/name_f]
[name_u]Aspen[/name_u]

I advise against It

It wouldn’t be my choice but it isn’t a bad name, or particularly male or female if you love it I say go for it.

I have a friend (girl) whose middle name is [name_m]Forrester[/name_m]! Her first name is a 90’s J name. She always had the most unique middle name out of my friends growing up, and I thought it was cool.

I like it pretty well as a first name for a girl. I think it’s so unusual that no one would have preconceived notions about it being a female/male name if seen on paper, so this gives me confidence it’s wearable.

Something feminine would pair well in the middle though. [name_m]Forrester[/name_m] [name_f]Elise[/name_f], [name_m]Forrester[/name_m] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], etc.

Personally I don’t like [name_m]Forrester[/name_m] for a girl or even for a boy. [name_m]Forrest[/name_m] sounds like a boys name to me. Some other options that end in er
[name_u]Harper[/name_u]
[name_f]Amber[/name_f]
[name_u]Piper[/name_u]
[name_f]Summer[/name_f]
[name_u]Ember[/name_u]
[name_u]Sawyer[/name_u]
[name_u]Saylor[/name_u]
And some similar
[name_f]Alexandra[/name_f]
[name_f]Emberly[/name_f]