Found old name list names I forgot EDIT: Coralie or Cecily?

Please tell me what you think of these names. Which ones are your favorites, least favorites, sib-set ideas? Which ones would go best with a brother named [name]Griffin[/name]? Our last name is two syllables and starts with M. Please correct my pronunciations if needed.

[name]Eliana[/name]
[name]Rohana[/name] (ro-AWN-ah?)
[name]Cerelia[/name] (pron. Ser-EE-lee-ah or Sair-REEL-ee-ah?)
[name]Cecily[/name] ([name]LOVE[/name]! - but don’t like meaning: blind)
[name]Elena[/name] (eh-[name]LAY[/name]-na)
[name]Coralie[/name]
[name]Laurel[/name] ([name]LORE[/name]-uhl)
[name]Irena[/name]
[name]Alina[/name] (uh-[name]LEE[/name]-na)
[name]Adriana[/name]
[name]Adeline[/name]
[name]Joelle[/name] (middle only)
[name]Jocelyn[/name] (middle only)

Can’t wait to hear what you think of these names!!! :slight_smile:

My take on your names listed:

[name]Eliana[/name]-I just love this name, for I think it rolls off the tongue so very nicely! I really like the nickname [name]Ellie[/name] and the name [name]Ana[/name]/[name]Anna[/name], so I love the name because it is a combo of these! I think it’s a gorgeous name…and I love its meanings, “sun” and “God has answered me.” You would pronounce it as “[name]El[/name]-ee-ON-uh,” correct?

[name]Rohana[/name]-this is pretty, I actually haven’t heard it before…it’s quite exotic!

[name]Cerelia[/name]-another quite lovely/exotic name, I don’t recall hearing it before either! It’s gorgeous, though!

[name]Cecily[/name]-I like [name]Cecily[/name], but I agree, I don’t like that its meanng is “blind.” But, it’s still a pretty name and I think you could get by using it just fine, because it’s a well-loved, old-fashioned, elegant name. I do prefer the name [name]Cicely[/name] to [name]Cecily[/name], however, because I think it sounds better (that’s just me, though)

[name]Elena[/name]-beautiful name! So lilting and stunning, classy and elegant with a bit of Spanish flair…

[name]Coralie[/name]-I love this name so much. I think it’s one of the prettiest names out there (when I see/hear it, stunning pink and orange “coral” colors pop into my mind) and I love how sweet it looks written out. It’s a mysterious name, too and has more flair than the prettier but simpler [name]Cora[/name] and [name]Coral[/name]. Personally, I don’t know if I’ll actually use it on a future daughter of mine, but I definitely plan to use it in some way-maybe on a future feline friend, hehe. But I definitely think it would be a lovely name to bestow on a little girl (who’d eventually become a lovely woman as pretty as her name)!

[name]Laurel[/name]-Once again, love this name. It’s just so lovely sounding and underused-it wasn’t even in the Top 1000 names in the U.S. for 2009! [name]Remarkable[/name]! And it conjures in my mind beautiful green trees…

[name]Irena[/name]-Not my favorite, but still pretty. I like it better than [name]Irene[/name].

[name]Alina[/name]-sweet and feminine and lovely, what can I say? I like it a lot!

[name]Adriana[/name]-rather beautiful name, but don’t like it as much as your other choices because it is more popular. Still, it is a striking name!

[name]Adeline[/name]-how would you pronunce it? I think this is a gorgeous name that ages exceptionally well!

[name]Joelle[/name] (as a middle name): Pretty choice

[name]Jocelyn[/name] (as a middle name): This name has grown on me recently, I think it has a striking and soft sound at the same time, if that makes sense…

Anyways, my favorites would be: [name]Eliana[/name], [name]Rohana[/name], [name]Cerelia[/name], [name]Elena[/name], [name]Coralie[/name], [name]Laurel[/name], [name]Alina[/name], and [name]Adeline[/name]. I don’t like [name]Cecily[/name], [name]Irena[/name], and [name]Adriana[/name] as much as the others. I think that with [name]Griffin[/name], [name]Eliana[/name], [name]Rohana[/name], [name]Coralie[/name] and [name]Laurel[/name] are the best. I really like [name]Laurel[/name] with [name]Griffin[/name]…they seem like such nice, substantial names together-[name]Laurel[/name]'s feminine yet strong at the same time, and [name]Griffin[/name] is such a strong masculine name. I really like them together! Great sib-set…

As far as name combos go, here are some I think could work:

[name]Laurel[/name] [name]Jocelyn[/name] (might be too much repeating “el” in there?" although it isn’t quite the same sound…)
[name]Eliana[/name] [name]Joelle[/name] (do you like that this name combo begins with “el” and ends in “elle?” It might be too much for you, or you might like the alliteration…I kind of like it)
[name]Rohana[/name] [name]Joelle[/name]
Hmm…those name combos are hard! Might I suggest some other middle names (other than [name]Joelle[/name] and [name]Jocelyn[/name])?
[name]Laurel[/name] [name]Annaliese[/name]
[name]Laurel[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Eliana[/name] [name]Bridget[/name]
[name]Eliana[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Eliana[/name] [name]Jolie[/name]
[name]Eliana[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Rohana[/name] [name]Elaine[/name]
[name]Rohana[/name] [name]Gabrielle[/name]
[name]Rohana[/name] [name]Jade[/name]
[name]Rohana[/name] [name]Lily[/name]
[name]Rohana[/name] [name]Victoria[/name]
[name]Coralie[/name] [name]Bridget[/name]
[name]Coralie[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Coralie[/name] [name]Meadow[/name]
[name]Coralie[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
Sorry, I know those combos are all over the place-but maybe you’ll like one of them!

[name]Hope[/name] I helped you in some way! :wink:

Best wishes,
~*~Nameseeker3

nameseeker3, Thank you so much for all your really sweet comments about the names on my list. What a pleasant surprise to hear so many positive things about these names! :slight_smile:

Currently I THINK I’m liking [name]Coralie[/name] the best, but I’m having a REALLY hard time deciding between [name]Coralie[/name] and [name]Cecily[/name]! Unfortunetly they are too close for sisters, so if I choose one I can’t use the other. :cry: Not sure what a future sister would be, but right now we’re thinking of using [name]Elena[/name] for a second daughter - if we have one. So which one goes better with possible siblings [name]Griffin[/name], [name]Beckett[/name] and [name]Elena[/name]? Anybody have thoughts on which one you like better [name]Coralie[/name] or [name]Cecily[/name]? I think I’m liking the nn’s for [name]Coralie[/name] better, but I don’t know, I’m just soooo torn!!!
If you have any thoughts please share - I value the opinion of the berries! :slight_smile:

I like [name]Coralie[/name] best nn [name]Cora[/name]!

Kaer2010, you’re very welcome for all of my comments regarding the names on your list :wink: You have so many lovely names on your list, I just couldn’t help feeling positive about them! :slight_smile:

[name]Griffin[/name], [name]Beckett[/name], [name]Elena[/name], and [name]Cecily[/name] are a very striking sibset! And [name]Cecily[/name] is growing on me…However, I still like [name]Coralie[/name] better as a name, so I’m going to have to put my vote in for that name. [name]Griffin[/name], [name]Beckett[/name], [name]Elena[/name], and [name]Coralie[/name] sound very nice together, as well. [name]Elena[/name] & [name]Coralie[/name] compliment each other very nicely as sister names, I think. [name]Elena[/name] is slightly exotic, but familiar at the same time, and so is [name]Coralie[/name]-it is indeed an exotic name, but it is familiar since it begins with the more-common (but still underused) [name]Cora[/name]. And I agree with nwhite, [name]Cora[/name] will make a wonderful nickname for [name]Coralie[/name].

I will say, go with what you think is best-with what your gut tells you. I know you love both [name]Cecily[/name] & [name]Coralie[/name], and with good reason, because they are both beautiful indeed! But go with the one that feels the very best to you, the one that you can picture best on your future daughter, the one you enjoy saying out loud and writing down the most…

Best wishes & Good luck!

~*~Nameseeker3

I prefer [name]Cecily[/name] to [name]Coralie[/name], though I find that [name]Coralie[/name] flows best with sibset [name]Griffin[/name], [name]Beckett[/name] and [name]Elena[/name]. The nn [name]Cora[/name] is sweet and simple but I don’t like Cece for [name]Cecily[/name]. Not that [name]Cecily[/name] needs a nn anyway…

Good luck! :slight_smile:

My name is [name]Cecily[/name] and I love it!!! [name]Don[/name]'t bother with the meaning- I’ve always thought of it as something to prove wrong when the child grows up.

I love [name]Cecily[/name] and [name]Jocelyn[/name] together. I think that sounds adorable.

I love your list especially [name]Eliana[/name] [name]Elena[/name] [name]Coralie[/name] and [name]Alina[/name]. Between [name]Coralie[/name] and [name]Cecily[/name] I like [name]Coralie[/name].

Re the [name]Cecily[/name]/[name]Cecilia[/name] “blindness” meaning: these names derive from Caecilius, an ancient [name]Roman[/name] cognomen, or family name, that was in use for centuries, given in variant forms to both male and female children. There is a relationship to “caecus” (the actual Latin word that means “blind”) but the shared “caec-” root doesn’t seem to have brought any meaning with it when it was incorporated into the family name. Maybe the founder of the family was blind, or something, and that’s how they came up with the name originally – I don’t know, but I think people are looking too hard at the etymology. It’s like objecting to the name Blinden (not a name, really, I know, but the best example I could think of) because it contains the word “blind” in it. Technically, it does, but the meaning isn’t really there. The point of all this is: [name]Cecily[/name] is an astonishingly beautiful name. Its meaning and significance come from its history, not from its component morphemes. I would hate to see anybody strike this from their list because they’ve been reading too many punctilious, context-free etymological descriptions. Okay, rant over :smiley:
[name]Alina[/name], [name]Irena[/name], and [name]Rohana[/name] are also amazing!

I prefer [name]Cecily[/name] to [name]Coralie[/name] but not by much.

I like [name]Irena[/name], but the [name]Irina[/name] spelling is preferable. I also like [name]Laurel[/name], [name]Cerelia[/name], and [name]Elena[/name] from your list. I would pronounce [name]Cerelia[/name] has suh-REEL-yuh.