four month old's name- want new suggestions

I have added some more comments to the list of names I already posted to help clarify why I thought they might appeal. See list below (same list, more comments)

[name]Love[/name] [name]Calla[/name].
I’m also thinking [name]Tabitha[/name] nn [name]Tibbie[/name] is a nice compromise between [name]Thea[/name] and [name]Blythe[/name].

[name]Tabitha[/name] nn [name]Tibbie[/name] is ADORABLE

Thanks, [name]Carter[/name]! I really love it, too, and hope it may be a viable option for them. :slight_smile: I hope Miss [name]Mabel[/name] is doing well. :slight_smile:

Have a good night!

That is really adorable, [name]Susan[/name]! :slight_smile:

Here are some more options

Because we love [name]Calla[/name] I thought that [name]Calanthe[/name] which means beautiful flower may be the one.

[name]Calanthe[/name] [name]Miriam[/name] [name]Jackson[/name] [name]Ford[/name].

It also has the ‘th’ factor that you like.

Also

[name]Honor[/name] - [name]Honour[/name], [name]Honor[/name] [name]Miriam[/name] [name]Jackson[/name] [name]Ford[/name]

[name]Linden[/name] - Tree, [name]Linden[/name] [name]Miriam[/name] - so pretty

Thanks [name]Jill[/name] and Zard!

[name]Do[/name] you like [name]Calla[/name] at all?

Because if you were to name her [name]Callista[/name], that would fulfill your husband’s taste of Greek, and if you call her [name]Calla[/name] as a nn, then you would have your nature name.

What about [name]Laurel[/name]?

[name]Laurel[/name] [name]Miriam[/name] I think is beautiful!

[name]Naomi[/name] [name]Miriam[/name]
[name]Tia[/name] [name]Miriam[/name]

I like [name]Callie[/name] as a short form for [name]Calista[/name] instead of [name]Calla[/name], but both are cute and seem lively to me.

A few others I thought of (again sorry for repeats):

[name]Aria[/name]
[name]Freya[/name]
[name]Danae[/name]

Also, one that hasn’t come up yet

[name]Anthea[/name] – I went to school with a girl who had this name (I believe it has Greek origins) and always thought it was beautiful. It could also be shortened to “[name]Thea[/name]” and you wouldn’t have the pn issues (I don’t think).

I just looked “[name]Anthea[/name]” up on Nameberry. This site has its meaning as “flowerlike” (Greek origins) and notes that it is or was a “British upper-class choice used as poetic symbol of spring”, so it might fit most of your criteria, though mabye you are trying to get away from [name]Thea[/name] completely.

Sorry, I just read most of your other post/thread (the one previous to this one) and noticed that [name]Anthea[/name] was suggested, but that you really don’t like it.

I thought the suggestion of [name]Theadora[/name] / [name]Theodora[/name] was nice, but maybe you might think it’s too long to pair with your last name.

[name]How[/name] did [name]Anthea[/name] pronounce her name?

bb2

I met an [name]Anthea[/name] this week and she was lovely, I now have a face for an [name]Anthea[/name], it is classy. [name]Anthea[/name] [name]Jackson[/name] [name]Ford[/name] does sound good.

As you said though it was eliminated.

It may not be quite what you’re looking for but just thought I should suggest [name]Paris[/name]. It’s the name of MJ’s daughter and it is also in Greek mythology, although it was the name of a prince there. Also it’s short and [name]Paris[/name] [name]Miriam[/name] sounds nice a flowey to me. Anyway, good luck and hope you find something you both really love:)

[name]How[/name] did [name]Anthea[/name] pronounce her name?[/quote]

[name]Anthea[/name] = “[name]ANNE[/name]-theah” (I’m not sure how to represent the pronunciation, does that make sense?)

THANK YOU! [name]Every[/name] single one of you namers are fantastic. I can’t thank you enough for all of the thought you have put into this for me. I don’t have but a moment right now, but you’ve given us some seriously great names to consider.
[name]Will[/name] be back with thoughts…
Any more ideas, send them my way. If you can think of any other compromises between [name]Thea[/name] and [name]Blythe[/name], that’d be great, too. I think what DH likes about [name]Thea[/name] is the sound, and what I like about [name]Blythe[/name] is the light, airy feeling it gives me.

Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you. I feel hopeful again that a name is out there that we might both agree on.

That’s great news! I can’t wait to hear what names you like! :slight_smile:

As for more compromise names for [name]Thea[/name] and [name]Blythe[/name], these may have been suggested already, but [name]Elspeth[/name], [name]Edith[/name], [name]Ruth[/name]/[name]Ruthie[/name], [name]Talia[/name], and [name]Xanthe[/name] come to mind.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

[name]Okey[/name] dokey, some ‘th’ names:

Starting with ‘th’:

[name]Thandie[/name]
[name]Thelma[/name]
[name]Theta[/name]
[name]Thilda[/name]
[name]Thora[/name]

Including ‘th’:

[name]Ethel[/name]
[name]Athena[/name]
[name]Etha[/name]
[name]Athalie[/name]
[name]Ithaca[/name]
[name]Ethlyn[/name]
[name]Ethne[/name]
[name]Otha[/name]

Ending in ‘th’:

[name]Lilith[/name]
[name]Aerith[/name]
[name]Anneth[/name]
[name]Ardith[/name]
[name]Beth[/name]
[name]Delyth[/name]
[name]Edith[/name]
[name]Faith[/name]
[name]Gweneth[/name]
[name]Judith[/name]
[name]Leith[/name]
[name]Ruth[/name]

[name]Hope[/name] that helped:) (sorry for the repeats)

I am on the ‘th’ trail too so here are my finds,

[name]Love[/name] [name]Calanthe[/name]/a

[name]Faith[/name]
[name]Zanthe[/name]/[name]Xanthe[/name]
Xanthea
[name]Talitha[/name]
[name]Thalia[/name]
[name]Dorothea[/name]
[name]Ethel[/name]
[name]Meredith[/name]
[name]Nathalie[/name]
[name]Edith[/name]
[name]Ruth[/name] sorry repeat
[name]Gwyneth[/name]/[name]Gwyn[/name] repeat
[name]Cynthia[/name]
[name]Esther[/name]

Wow, you really are all fantastic at this. You hit almost every name we’ve considered for her (without me telling you!) and then added some great, fresh ideas!

So, in no particular order, here’s the names that spoke to me from your suggestions on a first read. I’m finding I really like the category of “ending in -th” names, as well as the nature names. These are my picks from your lists, I haven’t run any of the names by DH yet (I plan to, though. He will really like some of the Greek names you suggested, I’m sure of it.)

[name]Jade[/name]- I have a good friend called [name]Jade[/name], but I don’t think she’d mind…
[name]Thalia[/name]
[name]Aspen[/name]- I adore [name]Aspen[/name]. Aspens are, in fact, my most favorite plant. However, I live in a part of the US where that is associated with a high end ski resort and comes off sounding very pretentious. I’ve tried to get away from the pretentious sound since I was pg, b/c I would love to use [name]Aspen[/name], but I haven’t been able to. I’m going to try again to see it through nature-namers eyes.
[name]Aster[/name]
[name]Astrid[/name] (although, I’m not sure I can do the a$$ teasing…)
[name]Aura[/name]
[name]Echo[/name] (this one, I love, but I’m not sure I’m brave enough to use… what do you all think of [name]Echo[/name]? Can you take [name]Echo[/name] seriously?)
[name]Gaia[/name] (DH says over the top)
[name]Juno[/name] (has been previously veto’d by DH, but perhaps he’d reconsider…)
[name]Rhea[/name] ([name]Ree[/name]-ah or [name]Ray[/name]-ah?)
[name]Maeve[/name] (tho [name]Maeve[/name] [name]Miriam[/name] seems a bit repetitive to me…)
[name]Aria[/name]
[name]Judith[/name]
[name]Briony[/name]
[name]Willa[/name] (I love this name, but with our real last name, it sounds like a sentence. :frowning:
[name]Ivy[/name]… this is an interesting one. I originally veto’d it because it is rather trendy for my tastes in my social circle, however, I just read what NB says about [name]Ivy[/name] and it really clicked for me… “The clinging vine has an interesting history: ancient Greeks presented an ivy wreath to newlyweds as a symbol of fertility.” Backstory- my DD was conceived ten weeks before our huge wedding that we’d been planning for two years. We had planned a honeymoon baby, and, instead, I was twelve weeks pg at our wedding… that might make a really nice meaning to her name for her…wdyt?)
[name]Laurel[/name]
[name]Tabitha[/name]
[name]Calanthe[/name]/a (we have batted this one around since the beginning, it is beautiful. It seems really long and overdone paired with our rather plain ln, though. [name]Worth[/name] a re-look)
[name]Calla[/name] (have also considered since the beginning, have been lukewarm. Not sure why. [name]Worth[/name] a re-think)
[name]Freya[/name] (previously veto’d by DH as too weird)
[name]Paris[/name] (if I step away from the [name]Paris[/name] [name]Hilton[/name] reference, I like this name again)
[name]Ruth[/name] (DH previously said he doesn’t like it. What’s not to like about [name]Ruth[/name]?)
[name]Lilith[/name] ([name]LOVE[/name] IT, don’t want a [name]Lily[/name], though)
[name]Gwyneth[/name] (DH doesn’t like)
[name]Theodora[/name] (DH hates it)
[name]Elspeth[/name]
[name]Ardith[/name] (also [name]Arden[/name], but is that a boy name?)
[name]Beth[/name] (This is what I wanted to name her before I was pregnant. DH hates it… what’s wrong with [name]Beth[/name]?? I think part of the reason I like [name]Blythe[/name] is that it sounds like [name]Beth[/name]- also part of the reason DH doesn’t love [name]Blythe[/name] anymore.)
[name]Meredith[/name] ([name]Meredith[/name] [name]Miriam[/name] not doing it, though…)

So… helpful namers… does anyone have advice what I [name]DO[/name] with this new list? The decision to cool the [name]Thea[/name] vs. [name]Blythe[/name] debate in our house was mine and I told DH I just wanted the weekend away from it… I guess I see if he’s on-board with another ‘could ___ be her name’ discussion… With your new list, perhaps it can be a good discussion, as it isn’t us recycling the same names we’ve already talked about (thank you AGAIN!)

Or, honestly, anyone- how do you decide when partners can’t agree and finding a compromise name hasn’t worked? Does one of us just give? Which one? I mean, we’re taking finding a compromise name to the nth degree and it hasn’t worked so far… hopefully (fingers crossed) one of these new names you suggested will do it for both of us and THAT will be her name… but… if not… ??