Fox for a girl

So I think the name Fox is cool but I’ve only ever really accossiated it with a boy. And then I thought, what about Fox for a girl? What are your thoughts??

1 Like

I definitely think it has a more masculine appeal to it. Maybe as a middle name…?

4 Likes

Cool, but is there the danger of her being called 'Foxy" as in hot
But I like the name? And I do like masculine girls names

10 Likes

I can honestly only picture this one working on a boy. It’s a cute name for sure, I just don’t know if I’d want to be a girl called [name_u]Fox[/name_u].

5 Likes

I think as a middle name with a very feminine first name [name_u]Fox[/name_u] could work maybe something like [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_u]Fox[/name_u]

5 Likes

Not a fan of [name_u]Fox[/name_u] on a girl but I do think [name_u]Kit[/name_u] (which is a baby fox) would be adorable.

2 Likes

I really like it actually

1 Like

I kind of like it

1 Like

I wouldn’t use it for a girl because of the ‘foxy’ association which would be difficult to deal with.

3 Likes

I like it! I have it on my list :grin:

1 Like

I think it could totally work on a girl setting aside the foxy connotation and the fact that it reminds me heavily of the F word. I’d say definitely fair game for the middle though

1 Like

I think I’d either do a middle name or do Foxley.

1 Like

I’ve never heard of Foxley before, I really like it!

Huh. I think it’s fairly unisex but the odds of her being called [name_f]Foxy[/name_f] is very hot. It can work as it middle names but it leans a little more masculine.

1 Like

It’s fine as a middle. There’s also [name_u]Foxglove[/name_u] nn [name_u]Fox[/name_u].

1 Like

Definitely masculine, I wouldnt personally use it! But everyone is different! I would consider that she will be teased or disrespected (foxy, hot)…

1 Like

I’ve always liked it for a boy but recently have started liking for a girl as well.

I agree that the [name_f]Foxy[/name_f] moniker would be almost guaranteed but honestly in the realms of things kids call each other, that’s pretty tame.

1 Like

I knew a girl named [name_u]Fox[/name_u] when I was in middle school, she handled it well and her name made her stand out from every else. If you really like the name definitely use it.

1 Like

I consider it solidly unisex, preferably as a middle name

1 Like

No. I don’t like it for a girl.

1 Like