Fox name: Juno or Cleo?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] all,

I am really torn between two names…

[name_f]My[/name_f] MC, [name_f]Glenna[/name_f], is a 19 year old girl (or young woman) with long dark brown hair, almost always worn in a long loose braid over her shoulder, and green eyes. She is shy, giving, but bold in the face of danger, can be internally impatient but is almost always patient with people, introverted, works best on her own, a trusting twin, generous, honest, generally peaceful, good at a making plans, crafty, good with nature, makes mistakes but moves forward, etc.
She can feel/react to other people’s pain, and she can move or crack stones with her bare hands, (in the same way that [name_u]Ezra[/name_u] is with ice), which is a very subtle ability. She doesn’t much control this element as much as she can communicate with it and understand it, and not abuse it.

She is currently living in the woods in a cave alone. She used to live there with her twin brother [name_u]Ezra[/name_u], and she will again soon, but he is off on a search for someone and hasn’t been around for quite some time.

Once when she is out fishing, she meets a fox, who becomes her friend. She is about the same age as [name_f]Glenna[/name_f] in terms of maturity, an adolescent/young adult. She is feisty, fierce, loyal, sarcastic, clever, sharp, bright (intelligent), spirited, brave, and quick-witted. I imagine her snatching [name_f]Glenna[/name_f] away from quiet a few sticky situations. The fox becomes her companion, and they learn to work together well and look out for each other.

The two names for the fox that I am having so much trouble deciding from are [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] and [name_f]Juno[/name_f]. I like Cleo’s association with Cleopatra, the defiant queen, and Juno’s association with the Roman goddess (Greek form Hera), who has quite a temper in the myths! <insert Percy Jackson the Heroes of Olympus reference ;)>

Opinions are appreciated, thanks Berries!!

• Juno
  • Cleo

0 voters

1 Like

ooh really hard! [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] is just slightly more fitting in my opinion, but whichever one you choose will be great!

1 Like

Thanks!!

Whenever I think I’ve made the best conclusion or my friend points out how one name could be better, I say but the other one is perfect too, how do I choose?!?! :laughing: oh, the struggles of being a naming perfectionist…

2 Likes

I like [name_f]Juno[/name_f] a lot more, I think it’s more “fox-like” haha. I definitely relate to the struggles of being a naming perfectionist, though! [name_f]Do[/name_f] what feels right. Sometimes I write out a paragraph or two to get a feel for each name and decide which I like more!

Thank you!

Do either of you know how to add a poll to this post?

yes! You just edit the post and click on the gear button on the top

and select ‘build poll’.

1 Like

You just beat me to it haha

Thanks a lot!!

[name_f]Cleo[/name_f] sounds so perfect for a fox! The perfect balance of soft and mysterious!