Frances or Frankie

[name_u]Frankie[/name_u] [name_u]Rae[/name_u], so spunky! If you are going to call her that then I don’t see the point of using [name_f]Frances[/name_f].

Yeah I agree. If she’s gonna be Frankie all the time, then just name her Frankie. Frankie Odette is so so sweet

If you don’t plan on calling her [name_f]Frances[/name_f], don’t name her [name_f]Frances[/name_f]! [name_m]Just[/name_m] use [name_u]Frankie[/name_u] if you only like [name_u]Frankie[/name_u]. However, if you like both names, [name_f]Frances[/name_f] “Frankie” is very cute.

1 Like

[name_u]Frankie[/name_u] [name_u]Rae[/name_u] !!

[name_u]Frankie[/name_u] [name_u]Rae[/name_u] is perfect :orange_heart:

[name_f]Frances[/name_f] [name_f]Odette[/name_f]! So lovely

[name_f]Frances[/name_f] [name_f]Odette[/name_f] is lovely in a elegant way. [name_u]Frankie[/name_u] [name_u]Rae[/name_u] is meh in my opinion. Maybe use [name_u]Frankie[/name_u] as a nickname for [name_f]Frances[/name_f]?

I personally love [name_f]Frances[/name_f], and [name_f]Frances[/name_f] [name_f]Odette[/name_f] is lovely. However, do you prefer the name [name_u]Frankie[/name_u] and are only using [name_f]Frances[/name_f] so she has an “official” non nickname name? If you’re just using it as a means to get to [name_u]Frankie[/name_u] I would just name her [name_u]Frankie[/name_u]

I LOVE [name_f]Frances[/name_f] :revolving_hearts:

I love [name_f]Frances[/name_f] [name_f]Odette[/name_f]! Such a pretty combo.

I did a full name with nn for my daughter, and honestly, we use both. I think it’s good to have a full name to fall back on or one that has multiple nn options because you just never know how a child is going to feel about their name, and she’ll be able to decide what she wants to be called soon enough. Also, my name doesn’t really have nn options that are usable as an actual name at school/work and I always wished it did, so that was definitely a factor. But I think it’s just personal preference. Nicknames as full names are so common now, it’s not like it would be strange to go with [name_u]Frankie[/name_u] if that’s what you prefer.

1 Like

I love [name_f]Frances[/name_f], and [name_f]Frances[/name_f] [name_f]Odette[/name_f] is stunning! I agree with other posters that having a full name to fall back on is always good, but having the option to opt-in to the nickname [name_u]Frankie[/name_u] is great too.

[name_f]Frances[/name_f] with the nickname [name_u]Frankie[/name_u] is the best of both worlds in my opinion!

Definitely [name_f]Frances[/name_f] [name_f]Odette[/name_f]!

You’ll find two camps of people: the “name them what you’ll call them” proponents, and the “give them options” proponents. One’s not any more right than the other. I’d decide what resonates most with you :slightly_smiling_face:

I prefer options; all of my kids have formal names and “official” spunky nicknames. We use both, and I love that.

1 Like

I always default to the full name to give her options as she gets older. Name her [name_f]Frances[/name_f] (which I think works well with [name_u]Rae[/name_u] or Odette) and call her [name_u]Frankie[/name_u]!

I like [name_u]Frankie[/name_u] [name_u]Rae[/name_u].

[name_f]Frances[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u] nn [name_u]Frankie[/name_u]!

I prefer [name_f]Frances[/name_f] [name_f]Odette[/name_f] nickname [name_u]Frankie[/name_u].

Frances Odette “Frankie” :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

This is such weird timing! I just made a post asking about [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] and [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] and was about to go back and edit it to add that our other two favorites are

[name_f]Frances[/name_f], nn [name_u]Frankie[/name_u]
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], nn [name_u]Charlie[/name_u]

So I definitely vote [name_f]Frances[/name_f] nn [name_u]Frankie[/name_u]

1 Like

I love [name_f]Frances[/name_f] and [name_u]Frankie[/name_u], but [name_f]Frances[/name_f] [name_f]Odette[/name_f] is too gorgeous to pass up, and still has [name_u]Frankie[/name_u] as an option.