Francesca as a mn?

I’ve recently come to the conclusion that I’m just not in love with [name_f]Frances[/name_f], which is a family name that’s been on my list for a good while. I do prefer [name_u]Francis[/name_u] for a boy, which is also a contender for this honor name, but the girl contender for it is up in the air currently.

I’ve been considering [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] in place of [name_f]Frances[/name_f] because I’ve always loved it. [name_f]My[/name_f] problem with it is that I don’t like [name_u]Fran[/name_u], [name_u]Frannie[/name_u], or [name_u]Frankie[/name_u], which I feel would be pretty unavoidable nicknames. So, I’ve decided I’m gonna try it out as a middle name.

Which of these combos do you like best? Why?

Harper [name_f]Francesca[/name_f]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Francesca[/name_f]
[name_f]Mercy[/name_f] [name_f]Francesca[/name_f]
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u] [name_f]Francesca[/name_f]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] (not sure on using [name_f]Rose[/name_f] as a first instead of a long form of it but I’ve been trying it out)

A poll to help me keep better track of people’s votes:

• Harper [name_f]Francesca[/name_f]
  • Hazel [name_f]Francesca[/name_f]
  • Mercy [name_f]Francesca[/name_f]
  • Ruby [name_f]Francesca[/name_f]
  • Rose [name_f]Francesca[/name_f]

0 voters

I know a [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] who goes by Cesca and another who goes by [name_m]Chess[/name_m], if nicknames are what’s limiting you.

1 Like

Love [name_f]Francesca[/name_f]! ([name_u]Ruby[/name_u] and [name_f]Frances[/name_f]/Francis are all names in my family tree so love that combo the most)

I like pp’s suggestion of Cesca as a nickname, if you did want it as a first name.

1 Like

I know a [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] that goes by [name_f]Francesca[/name_f], no nickname! I think it’s totally possibly to do, but it’s not a certainty, so if you really don’t like the obvious nicknames then it might be best in the middle spot like you said. I voted for [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Francesca[/name_f], [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] [name_f]Francesca[/name_f], and [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Francesca[/name_f].

1 Like

Ooh! Cesca’s fun!

1 Like

Hazel [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] is beautiful

1 Like

Francesca flows well with any first name, since it has a rhythmic sound :slight_smile: I voted for [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] and [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] which, imo, are so sweet.

1 Like