Francesca - lovely or dated?

What do you guys think of [name_f]Francesca[/name_f], nn [name_u]Frankie[/name_u]? DH thinks it’s an old lady name, but I see a fiery, quirky, strong-minded [name_f]Merida[/name_f]-type girl. What are your opinions on [name_f]Francesca[/name_f], and what middles do you think go well with it?

:slight_smile:

Frankly, I think [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] is dated.

I know a [name_u]Frankie[/name_u] whose real name is [name_f]Francesca[/name_f]! I think it’s a beautiful name and almost a little exotic!

One of my favorite names! (Obviously) I feel like it’s spunky, pretty, fresh but recognizable. I’ve never known any [name_f]Francesca[/name_f]'s before so I don’t feel it’s dated

I think it’s a great name, not dated at all. It’s still in pretty good use and not dropping in usage, maybe show him the popularity chart? Although it isn’t in my personal tastes.

Not dated (to me.) [name_f]Lovely[/name_f] name.

I don’t think its dated at all! I think it’s timeless, I’ve known no older [name_f]Francesca[/name_f]'s but a few my age (20s) and a baby. [name_u]Frankie[/name_u] is a spunky and fun NN.

[name_f]Lovely[/name_f]. And Cessie is a cute alternative nickname to [name_u]Frankie[/name_u].

I like it much, much more than [name_f]Frances[/name_f]. Totally ripe for a comeback!

I don’t understand how it can be dated. [name_u]Haven[/name_u]'t we all agreed that classic vintage names are now stylish? [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] is a classic. A gorgeous name.

I don’t think [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] is dated at all! I can’t remember it ever having made it big - in the U.S., anyway. Actually I’ve only met one, and she was a six-month-old. Go for it!! Far stronger and more memorable than yet another [name_f]Emma[/name_f] or [name_f]Sophia[/name_f], and yet it fits in well with all the feminine A-ending names that are so popular at the moment. I have too many names I love already; otherwise it would be on my own shortlist. I’d love to see this one get a little more exposure.

Not fond of the nickname [name_u]Frankie[/name_u], but [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] is a lovely choice. I don’t feel like it was ever popular enough to feel truly dated.

it’s a timeless name to me. Timeless doesn’t mean it’s always popular but that’d it’s work for any female born at any time. I think I’d love to meet a little [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] and I adore the nickname [name_u]Frankie[/name_u] for a girl.

Definitely lovely rather than dated!

I don’t think it’s dated at all, I think it’s a really nice name and [name_u]Frankie[/name_u] is a great nickname.
[name_f]Francesca[/name_f] is much more modern than [name_f]Frances[/name_f], which would be another way of getting to [name_u]Frankie[/name_u] as a nn.

I don’t care about dated issue, I think [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] is lovely. :slight_smile:

I think it’s lovely!

Well my aunt is [name_f]Francisca[/name_f] and she turned 50 last year… but I also know a really cool / artsy [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] who is 18 now I believe, and one in her early twenties who never goes by her formal name because she finds it too frilly. Personally, I do like the name, I think it’s lovely and a little exotic.

I don’t think it’s dated. I find it quite lovely.

It’s [name_f]LOVELY[/name_f]!