Francesca

Lately I have been questioning all the names I had on my previous list. One of the new contenders I’ve really gotten into is [name]Francesca[/name]. I really love it. But with a name as lengthy as this, there has to be some kind of nickname. I think I would most often use the full name, but, you know, a nn for a cutesy option.

One of the reasons this name is so appealing to me is that my grandfather’s name is [name]Francis[/name], and he goes by [name]Frank[/name], and therefore, I don’t want to call her [name]Frankie[/name] (although I do think this is cute for a girl, and maybe she would choose use it later in life).

I don’t like [name]Fran[/name] or [name]Francie[/name]. My husband suggested Chessa or Cessa (so, either would be pronounced [name]Chess[/name]-ah). I can’t tell if I like it or not.

Any thoughts? Or suggestions of other nn options.

I love the name [name]Francesca[/name] and the nn [name]Frankie[/name] but can understand you not wanting to use that nn.
All I can think of is [name]Frances[/name], not really that short though.
[name]Fifi[/name] - not sure if you’ll like that and [name]Chessie[/name]

I love [name]Francesca[/name], too, and think you’re so lucky that such a gorgeous name has personal meaning to you. :slight_smile:

I know of a [name]Francesca[/name] who went by Cesca, and other less obvious possibilities may be [name]Essie[/name], [name]Annie[/name], [name]Fancy[/name] (not so sure about this one, though) :-), [name]Fritzi[/name], [name]Rose[/name] ([name]Francesca[/name]'s meaning surrounds freedom, and the yellow rose symbolizes freedom), or whatever term of endearment you choose to call her, whether or not it’s related to her name.

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

I think [name]Francesca[/name] is an absolutely beautiful name! The only thing is, I can only picture this on a dark haired person. Weird, I know. A girl I know with this name goes by the nn “Chech” pronounce ch-eh-ch, which I always thought was kind of cute!

You could also use [name]Chessie[/name] or Cessie.

I adore the name [name]Francesca[/name], but like you I’m not so keen on the nickname options. The only one not listed I can think of is [name]Frannie[/name].

I think the most beautiful part of [name]Francesca[/name] is the cesca. So Cesca would be the best nn imo.
My son had the most adorable girl named [name]Francesca[/name] in his preschool class last year. I adored her!

[name]Franca[/name] as a nickname comes to mind.

Chicca (key-ca), Cesca, Cecca, Cicca

[name]Francesca[/name] was my girl name if my second son had been a girl and I absolutely adore it. I had planned on calling her “Cesca” as a nn, though I tend to use full names and not go so much for nicknames. I love then name though, and don’t really think you can go wrong with it!!! Good luck!