Francesca

So, hubby informed me last night that he is starting to come around to the name [name]Francesca[/name], nn Chessa. I was pretty excited about this–it’s been a favorite of mine for a long time, but he always vetoed it! I was curious about what everyone thinks of our combo for it–[name]Francesca[/name] [name]Faye[/name], and what nicknames are your favorite? Hubby only likes Chessa, but here are some others I like:

[name]Frankie[/name]
[name]Chessie[/name]
Chessa
Cesca
[name]Chase[/name]

Thanks for your opinions in advance!

I knew a girl named [name]Francesca[/name] who went by Checka. It was unusual and beautiful yet spunky and totally fit her. I also like Chessa.

[name]Francesca[/name] [name]Faye[/name] is pretty. I like the nn Chessa the best, but the only one I really don’t like is [name]Frankie[/name].

I like [name]Frankie[/name] but [name]Chess[/name] comes to my mind first if I were to shorten it without really thinking about it.

Personally I’m not fond of Chessa. It makes me think of Chezza which is a nickname used in [name]England[/name] for things like [name]Chester[/name] or [name]Charles[/name] and quite annoys me.

[name]Francesca[/name] [name]Faye[/name] is lovely! As is the nickname Chessa. However, in my opinion, [name]Franki/name is more a boyish nickname.

[name]Hi[/name]! I totally love the name [name]Francesca[/name], and think [name]Francesca[/name] [name]Faye[/name] is wonderful. :slight_smile: From your list of nicknames, [name]Frankie[/name] is my favorite.
:slight_smile:

Good luck!

[name]Hi[/name]! I have a friend named [name]Francesca[/name]! I adore that name. She goes by [name]Fran[/name]…[name]Frannie[/name]…Francipants lol. She’s sassy. But in a good way. [name]Love[/name] the name choice [name]Francesca[/name] [name]Faye[/name] as well. I’ve never thought of Chessa, even Cheska. They’d all work.

I love the name [name]Francesca[/name], it is a beautiful name. Chessa and [name]Chessie[/name] are both nice nicknames. [name]Chase[/name] sounds kind of like a boy’s name, as does [name]Frankie[/name]. Did you skip the nickname [name]Fran[/name] on purpose because you don’t like it, or was it an accident?

[name]Chase[/name] and [name]Frankie[/name] are boy names…but I kind of like boy nicknames on girls, just not as given names. And yep, skipped [name]Fran[/name] on purpose…not really a fan of it. Haha. :slight_smile:

I have a friend named [name]Francesca[/name], and she doesn’t use a nickname. It’s a mouthful, but it is so fun to say that it is worth it.

I love the nickname [name]Francie[/name] for [name]Frances[/name]. It would also work for [name]Francesca[/name]. I bet you will have lots of nicknames for her though!

Chessa is sweet and unique. [name]Chessie[/name] is too much like chesty.

Thanks for all the great feedback on this name, everyone! It’s much appreciated!!