Francine

[name]Hi[/name] berries,

I was wondering if you too are noticing how hot [name]Francine[/name] is lately! For a while it has been [name]Josephine[/name], but I’m seeing the interest in that name taper off now in favor of [name]Francine[/name] – in the name cloud, forums, lists, and recommendations. What do you think: Is this name trending? [name]Do[/name] you like [name]Francine[/name]?

[name]Francine[/name] seems very middle aged to me, mind you, I know a few in their 30s. Not a huge fan.

Yes, [name]Francine[/name] is one of my favorites! My neighbors used it for there little girl who is now two. They call her Cici or Ceecee. (not sure how it’s spelled) It’s one of those names you just can’t seem to get out of your head. It’s very girly and frilly and it’s on my top 10 right now.

I really like the name [name]Francine[/name]. It sounds very feminine and fresh with a bit of sexappeal. I would definately use it just like I would use [name]Daphne[/name], [name]Pheobe[/name] or [name]Philomena[/name]. Very pretty.

[name]Francine[/name] is on my top 5 list and really actually nearer to my top 2. We are due very soon and want to honor our ancestor’s names. We have been working with this for months and are very close to a decision. We will know for sure when we see the baby what her name will be, but [name]Francine[/name] is definately on the table for at least a middle if not a first. :slight_smile: We love it!

I don’t like [name]Francine[/name] at all, it doesn’t have a very attractive sound imo and is solidly put in the ‘forever middle-aged’ spot, ie. [name]Barbara[/name]/[name]Shirley[/name]/[name]Janet[/name] in my mind. I don’t like ‘[name]Fran[/name]’ names, but I would definitely choose [name]Frances[/name] or [name]Francesca[/name] over [name]Francine[/name].

[name]Francine[/name] seems somehow stuffy to me.

I’ve like [name]Francine[/name] (and the nn [name]Fran[/name]) for a while now, and I’ve deffinitly noticed it getting more popular.

I’ve written on this site other times about how much I love my name, [name]Francine[/name]. Most of the women on my father’s side of the family have this name someplace in thier combinations. My daughter has it as a fmn and my next daughter will also carry it someplace in her signature. It’s very special and aristocratic to our french heritage. I love it!

[name]Francine[/name] is one of our top names on my list. It is fresh, unique, and very girly. I like it mostly because it is not in the top 1,000. When the time comes, I want my daughter to have a very unique name that everyone will know her by. My husband has a reletive with this name and she is so lovely. Older, but such a beautiful and lovely person. I also have confidence that there won’t be 4 or 5 Francines in the classroom. (that means a lot to us) I also [name]LOVE[/name] the nn’s [name]Frankie[/name], [name]Francie[/name], and Cici [name]Cece[/name], but those will be chosen if and when we meet her. :slight_smile:

I like [name]Francine[/name]!

I actually know two little Francines. [name]One[/name] [name]Francine[/name] is my niece who we call Cici and she will be turning three. I have to say that she is a little doll! I can’t wait for her birthday party! The other is a co-worker’s daughter who is only 3 weeks old. Looking forward to her coming back to work in 2 weeks so we can see more pictures. I love the name!

I’ve been really crushing on the name [name]Francine[/name] lately. I don’t think it would have even been on my list if I wouldn’t have found nameberry. There’s a softness about it that sounds attractive to me. My husband likes it too.

I’ve been noticing it a lot too. I really like it, I definitely prefer it to both [name]Josephine[/name] and [name]Francesca[/name] which I’ve seen loads of aswell.

My first thought is always the [name]Francine[/name] from the TV show [name]Arthur[/name] (what can I say, I’m a late 90s/early 00s kid) which I suppose is a good reference. I also, for some reason, think of Francoise [name]Hardy[/name] which is DEFINITELY a great association, though I prefer [name]Francine[/name] to Francoise.

It could definitely work its way onto my favourites, and I think it will grow in popularity in the next 5 or so years.

I like the name [name]Francine[/name] very much! It has a unique gentle sound to it. I also love that it is very french. I prefer it much more than the italian [name]Francesca[/name] or the old fashioned masculine sounding [name]Frances[/name].

I cannot speak to its popularity, nor have I met anyone with the name in years – but I do know I would be delighted to meet someone with the name [name]Francine[/name]. It’s very pretty!

[name]Glad[/name] I came across this thread. Having the name [name]Frances[/name] all my life, I’d give anything to have been given the name [name]Francine[/name]. It’s so much more feminine and pretty. I really love it!

I love [name]Francine[/name]. Along with the nicknames [name]Fran[/name], [name]Effie[/name], and Cici. And I love that it’s becoming popular… I really don’t mind if my daughter ends up being one of five Francines in her class, that’s how much I love the name(and with the way name diversity seems to be increasing these days, I feel like that’ll be less of a concern than when I was younger).

Sorry I think of [name]Arthur[/name] which is my childhood.

Makes me think of [name]Francine[/name] “[name]Fran[/name]” Fine from The [name]Nanny[/name]…