Francine?

I’ve been watching a lot of [name_u]Casey[/name_u] Neistat’s videos recently, and needless to say, [name_f]Francine[/name_f] has been growing on me. The only thing is that kind of reminds me of that character on [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], but I’m not sure people would immediately think that.

Thoughts and opinions would be appreciated.

I think [name_f]Francine[/name_f] is lovely! Since [name_f]Frances[/name_f] is growing in popularity, I think [name_f]Francine[/name_f] is a good choice!

I would personally prefer [name_f]Frances[/name_f], but I think [name_f]Francine[/name_f] is pretty and a nice alternative.

Right now [name_f]Francine[/name_f] makes me think of the [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] books. (It’s her frien-emy; the girls are always trying to one-up each other.)

I don’t think it’s ready to come back yet.

I immediately think of [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]

I also think of [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]!
What about [name_f]Francesca[/name_f]?

I’m not a fan of [name_f]Francine[/name_f] or [name_f]Frances[/name_f]. Both are bland, dated and old lady ish to me.

I love [name_f]Francine[/name_f] (and the nn [name_f]Francie[/name_f]).

It was on my list but DH vetoed it. To me, it’s a solid classic name, and while I do think of the girls on [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] and [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], it only boosts the name image; those characters are mega-strong and feisty.

I love [name_f]Francine[/name_f]! I think it’s both adorable and spunky while at the same time substantial, beautiful and strong. I have it on my list and like it much better than [name_f]Frances[/name_f].

That actually was my initial reaction to [name_f]Francine[/name_f], but I think that’s a generational thing; most people younger or significantly older than me probably don’t have a clue who or what [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] is. It’s a pretty, sweet name with a lot of flair. I say keep it. :slight_smile:

I adore [name_f]Francine[/name_f], even more than [name_f]Frances[/name_f]. :slight_smile:

I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_f]Francine[/name_f]!!

Has anyone found a great combo for [name_f]Francine[/name_f]? I love her, but I’m struggling to find a middle name that’s ‘wow’.

It’s a cute name.

I loved the cartoon and [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] books as a kid, but when I hear [name_f]Francine[/name_f] I think of fashion, [name_u]Paris[/name_u], [name_m]French[/name_m] pastries and very feminine. It’s a name in my top 5. I love it!

I really like it

[name_f]Francine[/name_f] is a beautiful name! [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] and [name_f]Francie[/name_f] are pretty too! I don’t understand an [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] connection???

[name_f]Francine[/name_f] is pretty - I think the names ending in “ine” will come back in a major way in the next 5 years. We’re starting to see the cusp of it with [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] gaining favour. I’d be thrilled to hear of a baby named [name_f]Francine[/name_f].

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Francine[/name_f]! There are a lot of nice [name_f]Frances[/name_f] variation names that have a touch of sass and sophistication…

[name_f]Franca[/name_f]
[name_f]France[/name_f]
[name_f]Franceen[/name_f]
[name_f]Francene[/name_f]
[name_f]Frances[/name_f]
[name_f]Francesca[/name_f]
[name_f]Franchon[/name_f]
[name_f]Franci[/name_f]
[name_f]Francie[/name_f]
[name_f]Francies[/name_f]
[name_f]Francille[/name_f]
[name_f]Francina[/name_f]
[name_f]Francine[/name_f]
[name_f]Francique[/name_f]
[name_u]Francis[/name_u]
[name_f]Francisca[/name_f]
[name_f]Francisqui[/name_f]
[name_f]Francys[/name_f]
[name_f]Franette[/name_f]
[name_f]Frangia[/name_f]
[name_f]Franka[/name_f]
[name_f]Frankee[/name_f]
[name_f]Frankey[/name_f]
[name_f]Franki[/name_f]
[name_u]Frankie[/name_u]
[name_u]Frankie[/name_u]-[name_u]Jean[/name_u]
[name_u]Franky[/name_u]
[name_f]Franni[/name_f]
[name_u]Frannie[/name_u]
[name_f]Franny[/name_f]
[name_f]Fransabelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Franze[/name_f]
[name_f]Franzetta[/name_f]
[name_f]Franzi[/name_f]
[name_f]Franziska[/name_f]

Well, I don’t like the name [name_f]Francine[/name_f] at all (or [name_f]Frances[/name_f] or pretty much most names with [name_u]Fran[/name_u] at the beginning or an -een sound at the end) but I can totally understand watching something and having a character and their name grow on you until it completely affects the way you think =]

I do like Franceska and I think that’s the only exception to my “I hate [name_u]Fran[/name_u] names” rule.

But hey, everyone has their own tastes. If you’re falling in love with [name_f]Francine[/name_f], I say use it for whatever you’re thinking of using it for.

Oh yeah, I didn’t think of [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] until you mentioned it even though as a kid I loved that show. I actually immediately thought of [name_f]Francine[/name_f] from American Dad, haha.

Totally forgot about the [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] association! I don’t think people would likely first think of that when hearing the name. And [name_u]Frankie[/name_u] is an adorable nickname!