Franklin

I’ve been trying to secretly gauge how my husband feels on names that he (we) once liked and read this name off of a list of “old man names.” He mentioned that he really liked it. I do too, but I worry about it.

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you think a [name_m]Franklin[/name_m] could get by these days? For reference, many boys were we live have super trendy names like [name_m]Jaxon[/name_m], [name_u]Kayden[/name_u] (and all variants), [name_m]Austin[/name_m], and [name_u]Tyler[/name_u]. I’m not concerned about giving my future child a name that fits in with his peers because that is just silly, but do you think that the name is at least wearable?

[name_m]Franklin[/name_m] is very wearable! Not sure about the US, but where I live [name_u]Charlie[/name_u], [name_m]Archie[/name_m], [name_u]Alfie[/name_u], [name_u]Freddie[/name_u] & [name_u]Frankie[/name_u] are all super popular. [name_m]Franklin[/name_m] fits in well, especially if he’s called [name_u]Frankie[/name_u], which I think is cute.

It’s definitely wearable. [name_m]Frank[/name_m] and [name_u]Frankie[/name_u] are pretty well-known names, at least where I am (Ohio) so [name_m]Franklin[/name_m] shouldn’t take anyone off guard! I really like it, I’d be pleasantly surprised to meet a little [name_m]Franklin[/name_m].

Thank you both :slight_smile: your feedback makes me feel a lot better about this choice.

I think [name_m]Franklin[/name_m] is s great choice! While there are lots of [name_u]Tyler[/name_u] and [name_u]Jaden[/name_u]'s, there are lots of little boys with Grandpa names. Quite a lot, actually. I think your little [name_m]Franklin[/name_m] will fit in just as easily as [name_m]Henry[/name_m], [name_m]William[/name_m], [name_m]Cyrus[/name_m], [name_m]Albert[/name_m], [name_m]Jasper[/name_m], and Stanle’s

I kind of love [name_m]Franklin[/name_m], although it does make me think of the turtle. But I don’t think that ruins the name at all.