Fraternal Twins (G & B) due in January! :)

Hey, we’re [name]Joe[/name] and [name]Leta[/name]. We’re super excited and we have fraternal twins on their way in [name]January[/name]! Our 5-year old daughter, [name]Callista[/name] [name]Hanan[/name] is very anxious to meet her little sister and brother, too. But we have to wait and figure out our favorites. So far we’ve got…

Girl Names

[name]Adira[/name] - (All of us*) This one we all like. It could be a first or middle.
[name]Wilhelmina[/name] - (Leta/Joe) Callie doesn’t see the appeal. We like it because of all the nickname options. Joe’s of German descent so we’re open to some German names. Not to mention, this honors a dear family friend who’s name is William.
[name]Penrose[/name] - (Leta) It’s not very common and nickname “Penny” is cute.
[name]Anahi[/name] - () Middle name.
[name]Magnolia[/name] - (
)
[name]Minerva[/name] - (Callie) Callie likes saying “Minnie” so she call her little sister “Minnie-Me”.
[name]Sylvie[/name] - (Leta/Joe) Honoring Leta’s grandmother.
[name]Crisanta[/name] - (Leta/Callie)
[name]Amaranta[/name] - ()
[name]Nashira[/name] - (
) Star name. Nice nicknames.

Boy Names

[name]Miles[/name] - () First (Leta/Callie) or middle (Joe).
[name]Harvey[/name] - (
)
[name]Wolf[/name] - ()
[name]Stellan[/name] - (Joe)
[name]Rollo[/name] - (Callie/Joe) I don’t get it. - Leta
[name]Liev[/name] - (Leta)
[name]Cato[/name] - (Callie)
[name]Penn[/name] - (Leta)
[name]Jethro[/name] - (Leta/Joe) We love the nickname “Jet” and it sounds very western movie-like.
[name]Hugo[/name] - (
) So much love for this name.
[name]Ferdinand[/name] - ()
[name]Jacoby[/name] - (Callie)
[name]Zephyr[/name] - (
)
[name]Gunther[/name] - (Leta) Just want to pay tribute to Joe’s German roots.
[name]Evander[/name] - (Callie/Leta)

[name]Feel[/name] free to share your thoughts with us about our favorites or if you have any suggestions.
Please and thank you! :slight_smile:

[name]Leta[/name], [name]Joe[/name], and [name]Callie[/name]/[name]Cali[/name]

i like [name]Sylvie[/name] [name]Chrisanta[/name] for a girl and [name]Jethro[/name] Ferninand for a boy so that would be [name]Callista[/name], [name]Sylvie[/name] and [name]Jethro[/name], cutee

i like [name]Anahi[/name] and [name]Magnolia[/name]. I had zephyr and [name]Ferdinand[/name] on my boys list too! I am a huge fan of [name]Penn[/name]!

Right!? [name]Penn[/name] is a simple and strong name, [name]IMO[/name]. But [name]Joe[/name] won’t take it. Neither will our daughter, [name]Callie[/name]. - [name]Leta[/name]

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Minerva[/name] [name]Anahi[/name] and [name]Harvey[/name] [name]Penn[/name]. They both have that 2nd to last syllable “V” sound that goes well together without being matchy. Although [name]Callie[/name], [name]Minnie[/name] and [name]Harvey[/name] might be a tad much.

Edited the original post with some insight as to where we’re heading with our favorites and why.

ballerinagirl: [name]Glad[/name] to hear [name]Jethro[/name] and [name]Ferdinand[/name] have a fan :slight_smile: Especially [name]Jethro[/name].

roseythelimited: That’s a good point. Despite [name]Minerva[/name] and [name]Harvey[/name] looking like a twinset, [name]Joe[/name] and I are not fond of the nickname “[name]Minnie[/name]”.

[name]Leta[/name]

My favorite girl names from your list are [name]Nashira[/name], [name]Sylvie[/name], [name]Wilhelmina[/name], and [name]Magnolia[/name].
For boys, I really like [name]Harvey[/name], [name]Liev[/name], [name]Jethro[/name], [name]Hugo[/name], [name]Ferdinand[/name] (this is a nice [name]German[/name] name), and [name]Evander[/name].

And I think [name]Hugo[/name]'s popularity may be on the rise (or so it would seem on Nameberry), but it’s a good name.

I love [name]Sylvie[/name] and [name]Evander[/name]! [name]Evander[/name] (nn [name]Van[/name]) is on my boy list. [name]Stellan[/name], [name]Miles[/name], [name]Wilhelmina[/name], and [name]Hugo[/name] also get mad props from me.

If it were me, I would probably go with [name]Sylvie[/name] [name]Wilhelmina[/name] and [name]Evander[/name] [name]Miles[/name].

1 [name]Adira[/name] and [name]Hugo[/name]
2 [name]Magnolia[/name] and [name]Jethro[/name]
3 [name]Sylvie[/name] and [name]Ferdinand[/name]

[name]Sylvie[/name] is a good nickname for [name]Sylvana[/name]. What do you think of [name]Sylvana[/name] [name]Adira[/name]?

I like [name]Sylvie[/name] and [name]Miles[/name] :slight_smile: I’m a little more traditional with names, so those are my picks. Good luck!

My favorites are [name]Sylvie[/name] and [name]Evander[/name].

[name]Hugo[/name]'s potential popularity doesn’t bother us so much. “[name]Joe[/name]” is short for “[name]Joseph[/name]” and we know a ton of them.

At the moment, [name]Nashira[/name], [name]Sylvie[/name], [name]Wilhelmina[/name], [name]Magnolia[/name], and [name]Adira[/name] seem to be our personal top 5 first names for girls. With the boy first names, we like [name]Liev[/name]/[name]Lev[/name], [name]Ferdinand[/name], [name]Evander[/name], [name]Hugo[/name], and yes, [name]Jethro[/name].

We like [name]Evander[/name] and [name]Ferdinand[/name] because we’d like to call him “[name]Andy[/name]” in a not-so-obvious way, while retaining a solid name.

[name]Adira[/name]- nms, too short and cutesy
[name]Wilhelmina[/name]- beautiful, my favourite! it’s great that it honours [name]Joe[/name]'s roots and a good friend. Maybe [name]Callie[/name] would like the name better if she could use [name]Minnie[/name] could be a nickname? It could be a special nickname only big sis uses if you two don’t like it.
[name]Penrose[/name]- I ilke it for the same reasons you do, [name]Leta[/name]! not very feminine but since it has “rose” in it, people will be able to identify it as a girl’s name
[name]Anahi[/name]- not sure how to pronounce it, but don’t like how it looks
[name]Magnolia[/name]- nice, spunky nature name
[name]Minerva[/name]- aww, [name]Minnie[/name]-Me is so cute! But I don’t really like [name]Minerva[/name], sounds a bit whiny.
[name]Sylvie[/name]- not a fan, sorry
[name]Crisanta[/name]- too matchy with [name]Callista[/name]
[name]Amaranta[/name]- I prefer [name]Amarantha[/name] but this is lovely too, very unique and feminine
[name]Nashira[/name]- the “nash” sound puts me off

[name]Miles[/name]- nice but a bit insubstantial
[name]Harvey[/name]- nms
[name]Wolf[/name]- cool on a child or teenager, but not an adult. What about [name]Wolfgang[/name] nn [name]Wolf[/name]?
[name]Stellan[/name]- like this
[name]Rollo[/name]- there’s a type of chocolate here called [name]Rolo[/name] and I just think of that
[name]Liev[/name]- it sounds too feminine, but I like [name]Liv[/name] on a girl
[name]Cato[/name]- maybe too close to [name]Callista[/name]
[name]Penn[/name]- sounds insubstantial on its own but would like it as a nickname
[name]Jethro[/name]- cool
[name]Hugo[/name]- great name with a lot of history and good references
[name]Ferdinand[/name]- my favourite of your boys’ names. classy and rarely used
[name]Jacoby[/name]- like it a lot
[name]Zephyr[/name]- same as [name]Wolf[/name]. maybe as a middle name?
[name]Gunther[/name]- not a fan
[name]Evander[/name]- nice, but the “eva” at the beginning makes it sort of feminine

My favourite [name]German[/name] names are: [name]Sabine[/name], [name]Viktoria[/name], [name]Anke[/name], [name]Christian[/name] and [name]Amadeus[/name].

This is [name]Joe[/name]. Not sure what happened to a post we posted hours ago. I think I briefly saw a message from the server, saying that a moderator will need to approve it. [name]Hope[/name] one goes through.

mcdonak: We love Wilhemina as a first. It’s in our Top 5.

mischa: Thank you :slight_smile:

shealahtoba: Sorry, we don’t like it.

I love [name]Minerva[/name] and [name]Hugo[/name]!

[name]Sylvie[/name] (g) and [name]Miles[/name] (b)

I like [name]Magnolia[/name] [name]Sylvie[/name]. I love how [name]Magnolia[/name] sounds with [name]Callista[/name] and everyone loves it. I love [name]Hugo[/name] [name]Miles[/name].

We’re revising our lists! :slight_smile:

Thanks for all who’ve contributed in the discussion. We’re going to discuss it and possibly come back with a poll.