Freaking out over deciding a girl name!

My son is [name]Jackson[/name] and last name is two syllable common name starting with m. It is getting down to about two weeks until our sweetie arrives and I can not pick a name. DH does not have a lot of input aside from a veto on the name [name]Veda[/name]. He picked our sons name and our deal is I get to pick this time. He loves [name]Harper[/name], and I do too. (love the muscian [name]Ben[/name] harper) But it is too common right now.

I think the middle name may be [name]Jaye[/name] after my late uncle [name]James[/name] who my grandmother called jay. But I do not have to stay with that mn.

On my list today is:

[name]Ruby[/name]…like the nn [name]Rue[/name]
[name]Lila[/name]…like the nn [name]Lulu[/name]
[name]Emilia[/name]…like nn [name]Emme[/name]
[name]Evelyn[/name] …like nn [name]Evie[/name] (pronounced Eh-vee)
[name]Celia[/name]

Thoughts? I am open to new names!

I love the idea of [name]Ruby[/name], nn [name]Rue[/name]/Roo, with [name]Jackson[/name]! There’s just something about it. I really love [name]Lila[/name] and [name]Emilia[/name], too, but not quite as much as [name]Ruby[/name]. [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Jaye[/name] sounds a bit cutesy to me, as does [name]Lila[/name] [name]Jaye[/name], but [name]Emilia[/name] [name]Jaye[/name] sounds nice. :slight_smile: Have you thought of using a feminine form of [name]James[/name], like [name]Jacqueline[/name]? [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Jacqueline[/name] or [name]Lila[/name] [name]Jacqueline[/name] would be lovely…

What about:
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Camille[/name]
[name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Posey[/name] (or maybe something like [name]Josephine[/name], nn [name]Posey[/name]?)
[name]Gemma[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Gwendolyn[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Aurora[/name]
[name]Arabella[/name]
[name]Zara[/name]

Good luck!

My favorites are [name]Ruby[/name], [name]Lila[/name] and [name]Celia[/name]. I’m not a nickname person particularly, but [name]Rue[/name] is cute - [name]Lulu[/name] isn’t a favorite of mine, and I think if you do use a nickname it should shorten the name at least somewhat. [name]Just[/name] my opinion though. :slight_smile:

I like the above suggestion of [name]Violet[/name], and also thought of [name]Cecile[/name] and [name]Iris[/name] for you.

Good luck!

Personally, I’m not in love with any of the names on your list except [name]Ruby[/name], and even that one I find just okay. Although I do like [name]Harper[/name]- I don’t think it’s too popular at all!

It seems to me like you’re looking for names with easy nicknames. Some suggestions:

[name]Vivienne[/name] ([name]Vivi[/name])
[name]Savannah[/name] (Savvy)
[name]Charlotte[/name] ([name]Lottie[/name])
[name]Allegra[/name] ([name]Allie[/name])

I think all of them work with the middle [name]Jaye[/name], although I’m particularly partial to [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Allegra[/name].

I am in the same boat as you, so not much help!

Of your list, I think [name]Ruby[/name] goes best with [name]Jackson[/name]. I don’t love “[name]Jaye[/name]” with it as both seem too short. Why not do [name]Ruby[/name] [name]James[/name]?

I like [name]Lila[/name] and [name]Emilia[/name] as well, but there’s something spunky about [name]Ruby[/name] and [name]Jackson[/name].

I think [name]Lila[/name], [name]Emilia[/name], and [name]Evelyn[/name] are very nice!!! Good luck and Congrats!

I think [name]Jackson[/name] and [name]Rue[/name] sound very nice together but I’m generally not a fan of “[name]Ruby[/name]”.

I think [name]Jackson[/name] and [name]Evelyn[/name] sound nice together as well, and I’ve always liked [name]Celia[/name] ! I liked babymama’s suggestion of using [name]James[/name] as the middle name instead of [name]Jaye[/name]. I don’t really like [name]Jaye[/name] but I think a feminine name paired with a masculine family name sound good together!

[name]Evelyn[/name] [name]James[/name], [name]Celia[/name] [name]James[/name] and [name]Ruby[/name] [name]James[/name] all sound nice.

Other suggestions:
[name]Eden[/name] ([name]Edie[/name]?)
[name]Scarlett[/name] (sim. to [name]Harper[/name])
[name]Sylvie[/name]
[name]Clara[/name]
[name]Vera[/name] (sim. to [name]Veda[/name])

Oh man, I would so love to use [name]Veda[/name]! [name]Love[/name], love it! Out of your choices, I like [name]Ruby[/name] best.

I think [name]Jackson[/name] is a terrific name and seeing as it is popular I thought that you may like to choose a popular name for his sister.

For example:

I just love the glamorous [name]Olivia[/name] I really don’t think you could go wrong with [name]Olivia[/name].
If you want a Biblical style popular name then there I suggest [name]Hannah[/name]
I think that the suggestion of [name]Scarlett[/name] was spot on the money a great name for [name]Jackson[/name]'s sister.
I do like [name]Lilah[/name] (this spelling) but I think I like the vintage [name]Lily[/name] a little more
[name]Eve[/name]/[name]Eva[/name] or [name]Ava[/name] also would make a stunning choice I like her a bit more than [name]Evelyn[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] is also a nice choice and the nn of Roo is very cute (esp if it is an Aussie child) but I am getting a little tired of [name]Ruby[/name] now

[name]One[/name] of my favourites is [name]Amelia[/name], she is sweet and feminine and the nn’s of [name]Mia[/name], [name]Amy[/name], [name]Mel[/name]. [name]Melia[/name], [name]Leah[/name] make it very flexible
If you would like a trendy vintage style name that would go well with [name]Jackson[/name] and has a similarity to [name]Celia[/name] then there is [name]Willa[/name] or you may like Willow and my absolute favourite combo is [name]Willow[/name] [name]Cecelia[/name]!

If you would like to go down the ever popular classic name track then [name]Julia[/name] is always a stand out and her cousin [name]Juliet[/name] is totally gorgeous.

If you like [name]Emme[/name] why not go with [name]Emmeline[/name]? She is a beauty.

Last but not least there is [name]Serena[/name] I like her gentle nature and she is very pretty.

Charlotte is a possibliity too and nn of Charlie is cute.

Not sure if any of this helped but I just thought I would present a few more options for you.

rollo

I think [name]Ruby[/name] and [name]Lila[/name] are sweet. What about [name]Lilia[/name] and [name]Jackson[/name]?

I think [name]Evita[/name] matches the style of names you’ve picked. We loved [name]Sage[/name] and [name]Reed[/name], but when my DD came out, she didn’t look like either and we went in a completely different path. In the end, we realised It’s really what they look like and not whatever awesome name I picked, lol.

Looks like we have similar taste in names. I love all of the names on your list. I also tried to get my husband to go for [name]Veda[/name] as well as some of the other names you mentioned. We ended up with [name]Lyla[/name] and [name]Everly[/name] (nn [name]Evie[/name] pronounced Eh-vee). We are considering [name]Scarlett[/name], [name]Savannah[/name], [name]Dahlia[/name] and [name]Ruby[/name] if we have a girl this time around. I think [name]Celia[/name] or [name]Delia[/name] would be great!

[name]Jackson[/name] & [name]Ruby[/name] / [name]Jackson[/name] & [name]Lila[/name] would both be pretty perfect. I think [name]Jane[/name] might be a better option for a middle name than just [name]Jay/name. Looking at something like [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Jaye[/name] / [name]Lila[/name] [name]Jaye[/name], they look almost stripper-ish and I wouldn’t want that especially when trying to honour someone. [name]Lila[/name] [name]Jane[/name] or [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Jane[/name], would be cute. [name]Lila[/name] [name]Jasmine[/name], [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Jessamine[/name]?

[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] would be gorgeous or [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Evelyn[/name], [name]Lila[/name] [name]Evelyn[/name].