Frederick or Cedric?

Which do you like more? Middle name would be [name_u]Jasper[/name_u]!

1 Like

This is the question… I debated which one to put on my own list for quite some time. I love that [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] feels soft and warm, and has the wonderful nn options of [name_u]Freddie[/name_u] and [name_u]Red[/name_u]. However, the beginning “[name_m]Fred[/name_m]” sound doesn’t seem very appealing to me in general. [name_m]Cedric[/name_m] feels romantic and formal, but with a sweet side! It doesn’t have an obvious nn, which could be seen as a pro or a con. I ultimately decided on [name_m]Cedric[/name_m] for my own list, but they are both gorgeous names!

2 Likes

Frederick!

1 Like

Frederick :heart:

1 Like

I love the name [name_m]Frederick[/name_m]!

1 Like

Frederick is my favourite name :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::blue_heart:it’s perfect in every way

2 Likes

I love [name_m]Cedric[/name_m]. I am considering putting it on my own list. [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] is also nice.

1 Like

I prefer [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] anyway, but I also think it sounds better with mn [name_u]Jasper[/name_u]. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I prefer [name_m]Frederick[/name_m].

1 Like

They’re both nice, but I love [name_m]Cedric[/name_m].

1 Like

Frederick

1 Like

I feel [name_m]Fredrick[/name_m] is popping up so much lately with the [name_m]Albert[/name_m]’s, Alisters and Edwards. [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] though is such a surprising eye-popper that Infeel it calls for the understated choice to pair it with… [name_m]Cedric[/name_m] [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] gets my vote!

I prefer [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] over [name_m]Cedric[/name_m] [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] but both are great. I like that there are a lot of nickname possibilities with [name_m]Frederick[/name_m].

Cedric seems classier and fresher some how, though I love the nickname [name_u]Freddie[/name_u]! Tough choice. But I’m gonna give my vote to [name_m]Cedric[/name_m] [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] because it totally has that wow factor for me.

Cedric :yellow_heart:

I love both but I think [name_m]Cedric[/name_m] is slightly better paired with [name_u]Jasper[/name_u].

Frederick! [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] is lovely.

I love both, I’m no help at all :grin:

Tough choice! I think I slightly prefer [name_m]Cedric[/name_m]!

With mn [name_u]Jasper[/name_u]? [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] for sure. [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] is a beautiful name!

Cedric is one of my current very favorite names, but [name_m]Cedric[/name_m] [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] doesn’t flow quite as well to my ear personally.

Both are lovely though!