Freidan nn Freddy?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] Berries! [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think Friedan works as a name? [name_m]General[/name_m] thoughts? I think I’d used [name_u]Freddy[/name_u]/[name_u]Freddie[/name_u] as a nn.

1 Like

Yes! Like [name_f]Betty[/name_f] Friedan? I love the sentiment, and the sound is similar to [name_m]Fred[/name_m]/[name_f]Freida[/name_f] so it seems like a perfectly viable first name option to me.

Were you thinking for a boy or girl (or either)?

Whoops I meant to post this on the boys forum

I can move it if you like?

For a boy, yes and yes! Boy names with a feminist edge are always a big win in my book.

Yes please, I’m not sure how to do this on this format yet. And thank you :slight_smile:

I can see Friedan working! It fits the surname as first name trend and it sounds good

It’s not exactly my style, but it’s definitely growing on me! It looks very handsome, and [name_u]Freddy[/name_u] is such a great nickname for it!

1 Like

I actually like it a lot! I think I even prefer it over [name_m]Frederick[/name_m]

I’ve never thought about it before but I actually sorta like it! Definitely the most unique “[name_m]Fred[/name_m]” name I’ve heard. :smiley:

I like it! I think it transition well to a first name (not all surname names do) I like the association and [name_u]Freddy[/name_u] absolutely works for a nickname. I think this is a smart and balanced choice.