French berries: help please!

I’ve got a few [name_m]French[/name_m] names on my list as I think they’re beautiful and we have a family connection. We do speak [name_m]French[/name_m] but live in the UK so I’m not really in touch with how certain names are viewed. Could I get your input on the following please?

[name_f]Anouk[/name_f]
[name_f]Ines[/name_f]
[name_f]Manon[/name_f]
[name_f]Magali[/name_f]

[name_m]How[/name_m] do these come across in [name_f]France[/name_f]/francophone regions today? Is [name_f]Magali[/name_f] dated? Are [name_f]Ines[/name_f] and [name_f]Manon[/name_f] so popular that they feel dull and predictable? Advice much appreciated!

Not [name_m]French[/name_m] and I don’t know much about [name_m]French[/name_m] names but thought I’ll bump it up for you.
:slight_smile:

No insight from me, but I’d be interested to know too!

Haha, thanks both :slight_smile:

Hello [name_f]Katinka[/name_f] :slight_smile:

I’m [name_m]French[/name_m] and I can answer your questions!
[name_f]Ines[/name_f] and [name_f]Manon[/name_f] are popular, yes. There have been 162,000 Manons since 1900. They were about 3,500 in 2016 (and 8,300 in 1995). The name ranked n°8 in 2016. There have been 98,000 Ineses since 1900. They were about 3,700 in 2016 (and 5,000 in 2010). The name ranked n°6 in 2016. [name_f]Ines[/name_f] feels more fresh and modern than [name_f]Manon[/name_f] to me.

[name_f]Magali[/name_f] is dated. It was more popular in the 70’s (4,000 births). There was 0 [name_f]Magali[/name_f] in 2016.

[name_f]Anouk[/name_f] is a classy uncommon name. There are about 300/400 births every year. The name ranked n°250 in 2016.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] it helps!

Thanks so much @mccharlie! Very helpful indeed :slight_smile: