Friend just used our name...

Hey guys,

I posted a while back about my daughter who is due in late February. We had to decided to use the name [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Claire[/name] for her to go with big sis [name]Annelise[/name] [name]Kate[/name]. My best friend just gave birth to her daughter last week and named her [name]Emma[/name]. I know technically different names, but to me they are still way too close. Neither one of us has mentioned “our names”, so no hard feelings there from my side.

Anyways, I need help coming up with another name. Or, do you think that I am being silly for changing names, since technically, they are different? Thanks in advance

That’s too bad. [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Claire[/name] is really pretty. I think the names are too close, but only if the girls will see each other often or if you plan on calling her [name]Emmy[/name] or [name]Emma[/name]. Here are some other names that go with [name]Annelise[/name]:

[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Francesca[/name]
[name]Adeline[/name]
[name]Naomi[/name]
[name]Aveline[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name]
[name]Sylvia[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Adelaide[/name]
[name]Margaret[/name]

[name]Hi[/name], Smurphy! Darn…I can see why you no longer want to use [name]Emmeline[/name], but at the same time, like you said, they’re different names, so you could always stick with [name]Emmeline[/name] should you ever change your mind. (I think [name]Emmeline[/name] is absolutely perfect with [name]Annelise[/name].) :slight_smile:

Some more I can see with [name]Annelise[/name] (and I apologize for repeats):

[name]Clementine[/name] (nn [name]Emme[/name], so you can still use it) :slight_smile:
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name] (nn [name]Evie[/name])
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]/[name]Juliette[/name]
[name]Mirabel[/name]/[name]Mirabelle[/name]
[name]Madeleine[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name] (oops…kind of close to [name]Annelise[/name]'s ending)
[name]Vivienne[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

If you love [name]Emmaline[/name] I would certainly still use it! It is a lovely name!! We have a daughter named [name]Emma[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] and I consider [name]Emmeline[/name] to be a totally different name…go with your heart but I think if you love it and can picture yourself with a daughter with that beautiful name then go for it!

I think you should only change the name if you find an alternate name that you love AT LEAST as much. It would be sad to settle for second best on your daughter’s name. It will identify her for life and be a permanent part of your family tree. Maybe a solution can be as simple as making sure you and your friend refer to your daughter by her full name when you are together. It wouldn’t hurt to search for a name you love as much, but I wouldn’t settle for less.

:frowning: I agree. I think [name]Emmeline[/name] and [name]Annelise[/name] are perfect for each other! But, I keep hesitating on using it! Second doubting myself all the time, so maybe its a sign that there is another name out there?

I sometimes call [name]Annelise[/name] “[name]Annie[/name]”, so the name would have to have something that has a nn built in too. I like old fashioned names that feel sort of “old world” to them, if that makes sense.

I like [name]Rose[/name]/[name]Rosie[/name] names. I like [name]Charlotte[/name]. [name]Adelaide[/name]. [name]Evangeline[/name]. So maybe I am headed in that direction…

What about [name]Gemma[/name] or Everleigh they both still sound good with [name]Claire[/name], but if you have your heart set on [name]Emmeline[/name] then go with it if you don’t you may always regret it :slight_smile:

[name]Gemma[/name] doesnt have the same appeal to me that [name]Emmeline[/name] has. Everleigh sounds a little too modern to me.

[name]Rose[/name] names:

[name]Rosalie[/name]
Roseline (the ending is kind of close to [name]Annelise[/name]'s, though)
[name]Rosabelle[/name]/Rosabel
[name]Rosalind[/name]

Good luck!

Honestly, I think [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Claire[/name] is too beautiful and perfect, especially with her big sister’s name, to pass up, and I worry that if you change it now, you might be kicking yourself later on. Yes, your best friend has an [name]Emma[/name]. But, YOU have an [name]Emmeline[/name], a name so full of historic value and vintage charm! Plus, your [name]Emmeline[/name] can be called [name]Emme[/name] ([name]Emmy[/name]) if you so choose - you don’t have to shorten it to [name]Emma[/name]. [name]Emme[/name] [name]Claire[/name] is even a cute nickname! (I don’t even know if you use nicknames…) Honestly, I’m assuming these two girls will be good friends, and perhaps they will enjoy the idea of being [name]Emma[/name] and [name]Emmeline[/name], the Two [name]Em[/name]'s! All I’m saying is, I’d personally stick with [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Claire[/name] - it is a true winner of a name!

[name]Hope[/name] this helps!

What about [name]Marguerite[/name] [name]Claire[/name]?

[name]Emmaline[/name] is so cute! I think using it is great unless you find a new name you like just as much. But not less!! Here’s some suggestions
[name]Celeste[/name]
[name]Sylvia[/name]
Shalene
[name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Lilliana[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Tess[/name]
do you like any of those? If not I hope you like someone elses suggestions!
:slight_smile:

Keep the name combo that you have chosen.

Ok. One more question:

[name]Emmaline[/name] or [name]Emmeline[/name]?

Definitely [name]Emmeline[/name]. [name]Emmaline[/name] doesn’t look as pretty to me and is too close to just [name]Emma[/name]. I vote for your original choice :slight_smile:

I definitely prefer [name]Emmeline[/name] to [name]Emmaline[/name], which looks misspelled to me.

Good luck!

Correct me if i am wrong< but didnt you post a few months back that you didnt want to use emmeline because you felt it was too popluar? if that was you the I would say that you are hesitating a LOT about this name and maybe there is another name out there. I think genevieve nn nev or gigi and clementine have the same feel as emmeline.

No, you are right. That’s why I keep on going back to the boards, because of all this hesitation. I don’t know why?? I like [name]Emmeline[/name], but yes, the Emmas are almost ruining it for me. I feel like it goes SO well with [name]Annelise[/name], but I can’t help but feeling like I have looking for reasons not to use it even though I love it. Which yes, I know makes no sense.

I agree with the poster about another name and I love the idea of [name]Genevieve[/name]. Wdyt of [name]Genevieve[/name]?

If I were you, I would stick with [name]Emmeline[/name]. very pretty and goes well with [name]Anneliese[/name]. you could call her [name]Emme[/name] or [name]Emmy[/name] instead of [name]Emma[/name] for a clear distinction.
someone on the boards posted about [name]Hannelore[/name]… I thought it was pretty… It would be lovely paired with [name]Anneliese[/name].

Good luck in your decision!