Friend's Baby...

The baby girl is named [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Celeste[/name]. What do you think?

[name]Ivy[/name] is pretty, but not something I’d use. [name]Celeste[/name] is gorgeous.

I like it! I’ve been loving [name]Ivy[/name] lately!

[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Celeste[/name] is really pretty! Not something I’d use but really pretty anyway! :slight_smile:

I agree…Pretty, but not something I’d use. You know, the more I say [name]Ivy[/name] (not that I walk around saying it all the time), the more it sounds like I.V. (as in an IV drip). Am I alone on this one?

Not entirely, [name]Jill[/name]. I do think of it occasionally when I hear it, but more often I picture the ivy that surrounded my house when I was little. I have a GF who’s a nurse and she always thinks I.V. though! :smiley:

[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Celeste[/name] is not my style, but it sounds lovely. [name]Ivy[/name] balances the flighty [name]Celeste[/name], but they’re both fairly whimsical. I don’t really care for [name]Ivy[/name]; when people put ivy as their lawn instead of grass (usually the case if it’s on a sloped surface), rats tend to live in it… and in truth, that’s what I think about when I hear the name! I don’t mind the sound though, IV isn’t a big deal, and it’d be great to see a girl with the name. I like how the entire combination is feminine, but not frilly. I’d say on a scale of 1 to 10, your friend gets a 8. Nicely done! :]

ditto!