From 2 to 3

I’ve posted so many topics recently, ( sorry if people are bored of my posts :rofl:)

I am interested in hearing about mums transition from 2 children to 3 and what they found most difficult ( if any difficulties)
Whether the transition was easy or whether it was like a total circus in your house as 3 children obviously means the parents are outnumbered :blush:
Thanks

2 Likes

I’m curious too! [name_f]My[/name_f] DH and I aren’t sure whether we want 2 or 3 kiddos. Most of our friends only have one or two kids so would love to hear from others!

1 Like

I now have 7 children (!), but when I knew I was expecting my third child, DH and I were very excited of course. We felt like the transition wouldn’t be too difficult as my two eldest children ([name_f]Hermione[/name_f] & [name_m]Ferris[/name_m]) would be 5 and 4 when the baby came so we wouldn’t have three toddlers running around but in fact that is exactly what happened as we found out that I was pregnant with spontaneous triplets!!! So when the triplets arrived in [name_f]May[/name_f] 2018, we went from a family of 4 to a family of 7 (which was not the sort of transition we were expecting!).

We were very lucky as DH’s family live pretty close to us (my family live in [name_f]England[/name_f] where I am originally from) so we had lots of extra hands to help in the first 8 months. [name_f]My[/name_f] two eldest were in Kindergarten and pre-school respectively so we had the whole day with the babies.

I found the biggest difficulty was dividing my time between my eldest two and the babies. [name_f]Hermione[/name_f] and [name_m]Ferris[/name_m] had been together as a pair for almost 5 years and so adding three new babies into the mix was pretty scary at first. After a while they warmed to them and they were just about old enough to help look after them.

Hermione is now 8, [name_m]Ferris[/name_m] is 7 and the triplets are 2. I was very lucky at the time to have so much help available to me (I certainly needed it)!

4 Likes