From left field..comes Isabelle...?

SO I have always, always LOVED the name [name]Isabella[/name]… we had a situation though that has caused it impossible for us to ever use the name. I was never as big on [name]Isabelle[/name] (just never liked the sound of it…), and I never thought DH would go for it. My DH mentioned it to me last night at my birthday dinner no less… he says, I know we said we were decided on [name]Charlotte[/name], but on my way in to work this morning I was thinking about the name [name]Isabelle[/name] [name]Lily[/name]…O.K. after saying it a few times,as a first name I am absolutely in love! [name]Baby[/name] is due end of [name]April[/name], so I thought [name]Lily[/name] as the middle name is sweet… honestly was quite surprised that DH came up with the name…seems my obssesivness it rubbing off, LOL!!!

UUUGGGHHH!!! Now I am for sure stuck between the two!!! I really love them both!! I really need opinions on which you would use…
He, by the way still Likes [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Anne[/name] (so it seems if that is the name, [name]Anne[/name] will be the middle name)…so it is now between
[name]Isabelle[/name] [name]Lily[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Anne[/name]
Basically he has told me now it is up to me!
Our other girls (just for a reminder) are: [name]Maggie[/name], [name]Kelsey[/name]-[name]Rose[/name], [name]Emma[/name], [name]Mary[/name]-[name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Sophie[/name]-[name]Claire[/name]

Which goes better with the our other girls? [name]Isabelle[/name] or [name]Charlotte[/name]? I have loved [name]Charlotte[/name], but now I am thinking [name]Isabelle[/name] sounds better, especially with [name]Sophie[/name]-[name]Claire[/name] (as they will only be about 13 months apart).
If only we were having twin girls I’d be set…lol!!
[name]Just[/name] to add, the popularity of [name]Isabelle[/name] does not bother me, and I think [name]Isabella[/name] is much more popular…???
Opinions, please!!! Thanks for hanging in there with me!! I know we will get it!!!

[name]Isabel[/name] is one of my favorite names and we may very well use it someday. It seems to be on a downward trend right now as far as popularity is concerned. Her most popular days are surely behind her. I think [name]Isabelle[/name] sounds amazing with your other girls names. [name]Isabelle[/name] [name]Lily[/name] is adorable as well. [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Anne[/name] is nice, but I was prefer [name]Isabelle[/name] [name]Lily[/name].

[name]Hi[/name]! I love that your husband came up with this beautiful name! [name]Isabelle[/name] [name]Lily[/name] is pretty, but to be honest, I still love [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Anne[/name]! [name]How[/name] about, as a compromise, you go with:

[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Isabelle[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Lily[/name]
[name]Isabelle[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]

I don’t like [name]Isabelle[/name] [name]Lily[/name] - too much L! - but something like [name]Isabelle[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Calla[/name], for the calla lily, or maybe [name]Isabelle[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Lily[/name], might work…

My favorite is [name]Charlotte[/name], though! [name]Both[/name] are nice.

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

I love [name]Isabelle[/name] [name]Lily[/name]. Either name goes with your existing girls, I think!

They are both lovely, but I prefer [name]Isabel[/name] over [name]Charlotte[/name]. You could wait and see which name fits her best once you meet her.

Good luck!

I do like [name]Isabelle[/name], but to me the combo of [name]Isabelle[/name] [name]Lily[/name] is a bit of a tongue twister with all those L’s. It also sounds a little like Is-a-belly. :confused: Maybe it’s just me though…
I still love [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Anne[/name] with your other daughters! I also think [name]Isabelle[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Isabelle[/name] are quite lovely!! :slight_smile:

I think [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Isabelle[/name] is really nice. :smiley:

[name]Isabelle[/name] [name]Lily[/name] sounds adorable :wink:

I think I have to agree with previous posters that [name]Isabelle[/name] [name]Lily[/name] is too heavy on L and is kind of a tongue twister. Honestly, both names are lovely, but I still would vote for [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Anne[/name]. I adore that name! [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Isabelle[/name] is a great suggestion if you would like to use [name]Isabelle[/name] but maybe still prefer [name]Charlotte[/name] as the first name. Really, you can’t go wrong with either name…maybe wait until she is born and then decide.

I am surprised at how many [name]Charlotte[/name]'s I am seeking crop up… there must be a lot of people using it or planning to use it… not that it deters me…I am just surprised…

DH seems to still really love [name]Charlotte[/name] (though he was happy when he brought up [name]Isabelle[/name] and in th eend has left it up to me)… I love [name]Isabelle[/name]… he said he doesn’t like [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Isabelle[/name] (so obviously he hasn’t totally left it up to me, LOL!!!)…

I never thought about [name]Isabelle[/name] [name]Lilly[/name] as too much L… that is a good thougt though, something I need to think about…

I am surprised at how many [name]Charlotte[/name]'s I am seeking crop up… there must be a lot of people using it or planning to use it… not that it deters me…I am just surprised…

DH seems to still really love [name]Charlotte[/name] (though he was happy when he brought up [name]Isabelle[/name] and in th eend has left it up to me)… I love [name]Isabelle[/name]… he said he doesn’t like [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Isabelle[/name] (so obviously he hasn’t totally left it up to me, LOL!!!)…

I never thought about [name]Isabelle[/name] [name]Lilly[/name] as too much L… that is a good thougt though, something I need to think about…

I can’t remember, but I’m fairly certain your hyphenated girls go by both names yes? Because [name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Isabel[/name]/lle/a etc are very closely related names (same name, different languages). Not sure if that’d be a deal breaker or a neat tie-in for you, but it’s something to think about.

Yes, [name]Mary[/name]-[name]Elizabeth[/name] is always called [name]Mary[/name]-[name]Elizabeth[/name]… I get what you are saying, but that really doesn’t bother me. [name]Even[/name] though they are essentially the same name they sound so very different. they do both have the same meaning, but I think it is a beautiful meaning.

Still…it seems I am tipping toward [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Anne[/name]… alothough I just feel that [name]Isabelle[/name] sounds more elegant, more feminine…

Well, it’s good that it won’t bug you. They do sound very different and most people wouldn’t question it. If it DID bug you then you’d have a name eliminated. Oh well! :slight_smile:

[name]Isabelle[/name] is frillier, but I think [name]Charlotte[/name] is elegant… most long names seem elegant to me. With the middles [name]Anne[/name]'s got elegance while [name]Lily[/name] has femininity.

I love the name [name]Isabelle[/name] and I always have. I think [name]Isabelle[/name] [name]Lily[/name] is lovely and definitely a very elegant name. It is kinda heavy on the L’s but unless you decide to call her by both names, I don’t think it would really be that big a problem.
I think [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Anne[/name] is very sweet as well. But as another poster said, a lot of people have been using [name]Charlotte[/name] lately. I don’t know if popularity bothers you or not, but that might be something to consider.
Also, as someone else said, [name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Isabelle[/name] are basically the same name. However, I know sisters whose names are [name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Isabel[/name] and I don’t mind it. I think they are a sweet sibset. :slight_smile:
I actually think I like [name]Isabelle[/name] [name]Lily[/name] with your other daughter’s names better than [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Anne[/name]. I especially love [name]Isabelle[/name] [name]Lily[/name] with [name]Mary[/name]-[name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Sophie[/name]-[name]Claire[/name].
Good luck and I hope this helps!