Frustrated... second baby name harder than the first?!

Our second boy is due in [name]May[/name], but we cannot decide on a name or even come up with a short list. [name]Greyson[/name] [name]Louis[/name] ([name]Grey[/name] is what we use as [name]Greyson[/name] is a family name) is our first, and his name “came to us” so naturally that I think me over-thinking #2 is just making this impossible and not as fun as it should be!

DH is set on the name [name]Milo[/name], which I don’t hate, but I don’t know if I can see that name maturing the way [name]Grey[/name] does.

Thoughts on [name]Milo[/name]? [name]Will[/name] that name be taken seriously? I do like [name]Milo[/name] [name]James[/name] S_____.

Our last name is a three syllable Italian name, sounds as though [name]Saffron[/name] and macaroni smashed together.

Other names that are okay, but that I am not in love with-
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Omri[/name]
[name]Everett[/name] (nn [name]Ever[/name])
[name]Silas[/name]
[name]Remy[/name] (Although I have always loved [name]Remi[/name] for a girl…)
[name]Miles[/name]
[name]Stellan[/name] (but ends in -n, so it’s out)

I just need suggestions/help, 'berries! :oops:
I want to avoid names ending in ‘-n’ since most are too similar to [name]Greyson[/name]. I’m a fan of spunky/fun names or nicknames with a name that ages well.

Thanks so much!!

My favourite of your names is [name]Everett[/name], I think it goes really well with [name]Greyson[/name]. I personally would not consider using [name]Milo[/name] as a name only because we in South [name]Africa[/name] have a well-known & loved Malty chocolate drink that can be drunk hot or cold with water &/or milk! I dont know how this will affect your choice, but I dont mean to be negative at all! But dont worry, you still have several months to research and decide! Check out the naming advice on this site too.

I have to agree on [name]Everett[/name], if only because it’s the name of my son - [name]Everett[/name] [name]James[/name]. both are family names for us. I love everett and [name]Greyson[/name], both sound distinguished and have cute nn’s for the little guys. We called him [name]Evvy[/name] (like [name]Chevy[/name]) when he was really little, he’s now 5 and says “call me Ev”.

I’m now due in [name]August[/name] and starting to think/obsess about names for [name]Everett[/name]'s little brother or sister, and you’re right, it is harder for a 2nd. My husband was determined to go with [name]Everett[/name] from the beginning and I basically had to agree (though I love the name). Now it’s my choice and I’m all over the place! good luck!

[name]Everett[/name] or [name]Miles[/name]

rollo

Since [name]Miles[/name] is already on your list, I think [name]Miles[/name] nn [name]Milo[/name] would be perfect! I do think [name]Milo[/name] is a name that will age well but using [name]Miles[/name] as the full name maybe gives you that insurance. I think [name]Greyson[/name] and [name]Miles[/name], [name]Grey[/name] and [name]Milo[/name] sound very nice together - strong and fun.

I agree with the pp’s…[name]Greyson[/name] and [name]Miles[/name] (nn [name]Milo[/name]) go great together!

Thank you for the reply!

I really love [name]Miles[/name], but DH has the argument if we are always calling him [name]Milo[/name] we should just put it on the birth certificate… I am slowly getting reassurance that [name]Milo[/name] can be a mature name as well, so that’s helping.

I am also starting to love the name [name]Archer[/name] with the nn [name]Archie[/name]… thoughts on [name]Greyson[/name] & [name]Archer[/name], [name]Grey[/name] & [name]Archie[/name], together?

Thanks again!!

I don’t understand why you would want to give [name]Miles[/name] a nn. It is a really short name, why a nn? My son, [name]Miles[/name] has never had a nickname.

[name]Archer[/name] and [name]Greyson[/name] make a good sibset what about [name]Miles[/name] [name]Archer[/name], that makes a good combo? I would totally forget about a nn for a [name]Miles[/name]. Not only that [name]Milo[/name] is a chocolate drink where we live and also a name that goes with names like [name]Sebastian[/name] and [name]Leo[/name] not with the very British name [name]Miles[/name] and the English/American sounding [name]Greyson[/name].

rollo

We live in [name]California[/name], USA! The only reference here that I’ve heard with [name]Milo[/name] is [name]Milo[/name] & [name]Otis[/name]… which I’ve never seen/even know where it’s sold :lol:

If only DH didn’t see [name]Miles[/name] that different than [name]Milo[/name]… [name]IMO[/name] both are similar (he says [name]Miles[/name] reminds him of a childhood friend, which I’m assuming has negative connotation- which is silly).