FtM Middle name

I have chosen my first name ([name_m]Liam[/name_m]), but I’ve been going back and forth on a couple middle names.
One I’ve been using for a while now is [name_m]Eric[/name_m], but I’m also considering maybe using [name_u]Jordan[/name_u].

I like the meaning of [name_m]Eric[/name_m] more than [name_u]Jordan[/name_u], but one of my favourite musicians is [name_m]Eric[/name_m], so I don’t know if that’ll be too weird to use considering he’s one of my favourite artists. However, my given middle name also starts with a ‘J’, so I’m kind of torn to use [name_u]Jordan[/name_u] just to keep the same initial.

[name_m]Liam[/name_m] [name_u]Jordan[/name_u] flows best if that matters to you but [name_m]Liam[/name_m] [name_m]Eric[/name_m] sounds like the one you prefer, ao I’d go with that

I love the sound of [name_m]Liam[/name_m] [name_m]Eric[/name_m] myself!

Perhaps a mashup of them both; [name_u]Jericho[/name_u]. It means “City of the moon”, not sure if that’s up your alley meaning wise, but it sounds similar to [name_m]Eric[/name_m] and has the J initial! And [name_m]Liam[/name_m] [name_u]Jericho[/name_u] is quite handsome too! Or maybe even [name_m]Jared[/name_m], for a similar sound to [name_m]Eric[/name_m] and the J initial. [name_m]Jared[/name_m] means “He descends”.

I hope this helps!

[name_u]Love[/name_u] the name [name_m]Liam[/name_m]! Agree with greyblue though, if you prefer [name_m]Eric[/name_m], use it!

What about [name_u]Jordan[/name_u] [name_m]Eric[/name_m]? I know I said I had my first name chosen, but all of a sudden I’m seriously considering using [name_u]Jordan[/name_u] as a first name.

I like that combo too! So I am probably no help in narrowing it down…

Nah, all feedback’s appreciated.

I agree that [name_m]Liam[/name_m] [name_u]Jordan[/name_u] has a better flow but if you prefer [name_m]Eric[/name_m], that’s the name you should use. [name_m]Eric[/name_m] is a common enough name that it wouldn’t be weird of you to use it even if it is the name of your favorite musician.
[name_m]Liam[/name_m] [name_m]Eric[/name_m] is a perfectly handsome name, so if you love it and it feels like YOU, then you should definitely use it.

If you decide to go with [name_u]Jordan[/name_u] as the first name, beware that unlike [name_m]Liam[/name_m] or [name_m]Eric[/name_m] it is also fairly common as a female name. Depending on your goals that can be a good or bad thing - if you’re looking to present in a more non-binary matter then unisex names are great, but if you’re looking to “assimilate” as a male then having a gender-specific name may help.

I’m also considering the year I was born, and how common [name_u]Jordan[/name_u] and [name_m]Liam[/name_m] were then. [name_u]Jordan[/name_u] and [name_m]Eric[/name_m] were in the top 30 for boys, whereas [name_m]Liam[/name_m] was in the 300s. I’d also like a more common name from my generation, and I already pass 95% of the time so I’m not worried about people assuming I’m “female”.

I got the advice I posted from a transwoman who initially chose a gender-neutral (albeit more common for females) name who had troubles passing over the phone, and then found that using a clearly female name helped out (I’m not mentioning the exact names for privacy reasons). It may be different for you though since (if you’re on T) you have the luxury of your voice getting lower whereas female hormones don’t raise the pitch of the voice.