FTM Name Change and can't decide. I need help!

I am FTM transgender and am trying to choose a name for myself. [name_f]My[/name_f] mom and friends are helping but I want opinions from outside my close circle. [name_f]My[/name_f] family is originally from [name_f]India[/name_f] (last name is Kumar) so I would prefer a name of [name_f]Indian[/name_f] heritage. However I do want it to be easy to pronounce and spell so both Americans and Indians can say/spell it without difficulty. Some of the names I am thinking about are “traditionally” American but could work in [name_f]India[/name_f] as well. Could you give your opinion on each name (ex. which you like, which you don’t like and why). I want a comprehensive “opinions list” to refer to and choose from.

Reyaan/Reyan - can’t decide on spelling? Which one do you prefer/is more common?

Aavyan/Avyan - same questions as Reyaan/Reyan

[name_m]Vihaan[/name_m]

Viyaan

[name_m]Nathan[/name_m] - Could this work in [name_f]India[/name_f]? How would it be pronounced?

[name_u]Shayan[/name_u]

[name_u]Rohan[/name_u]

Eshaan/Eshan - same question as Reyaan/Reyan

[name_m]Rahul[/name_m]

Dylan/Dillon/Dhilan/Dilan - same questions as Reyaan/Reyan and [name_m]Nathan[/name_m]

Could you please suggest some other names? I want more ideas but can’t think of any.

P.S. I can’t use names that end in K (ex. [name_m]Vivek[/name_m], Karthik) because it would clash with my last name.

Thank you so much for your help!

Gaurav/Raj? I think they are fairly easy in the US.

[name_m]Reyan[/name_m] & Ayvan would be easier than [name_m]Reyaan[/name_m] & Ayvaan but neither would be particularly easy in general, if you know what I mean.

-An American

I like [name_m]Reyan[/name_m] and [name_m]Rahul[/name_m]. Knew a guy named [name_m]Rajan[/name_m] and always liked his name too. Maybe I just like R!

[name_m]Raj[/name_m] is actually my dad’s name so I can’t use that

1 Like

Reyaan/Reyan - Reyan is cool and fresh -this spelling looks easier

Aavyan/Avyan - I’d pronounce them slightly differently. Aavyan - ar-vee-un and Avyan - Ay-vee-un

Vihaan - sharp and cool

Viyaan - quite nice but I’m not sure on how it translates

Nathan - Could this work in India? I’ve known two Nathans of Indian origin so I think it works!

Shayan - I like the gentle sound but it might get confused with Cheyenne

Rohan -soft and cool - works well

Eshaan/Eshan - Eshan is interesting and bold

Rahul - sleek and handsome

Dylan/Dillon/Dhilan/Dilan - Dylan or Dhilan feels versatile and cool!!

1 Like

haha what a coincidence lol

I really like [name_u]Rohan[/name_u] for you!

reyaan / reyan - i think in america, reyan would be the more intuitive spelling. however, i think i prefer reyaan! either way, you can’t go wrong.

aavyan / avyan - here, i think aavyan not only looks nicer, but i think it would be pretty intuitive for an american.

vihaan - this name is so cool! i love the soft and strong sounds!

viyaan - i also like this one, though, sadly, i’m afraid to the american ear may sound too similar to vivian.

nathan - i don’t know much about indian culture, unfortunately, so i don’t think i’m qualified to answer this question!

shayan - this has such a cool, soft vibe, though i think i could get confused with cheyenne.

rohan - i love this for you! lots of nickname possibilities, and just super cool in general!

eshaan / eshan - again, i prefer eshaan! super cool!

out of all the dylan variations, i think i like dylan or dhilan the best! i’m not sure how any of these names work in an indian context, and think i might have to pass that question off to someone else!

best of luck, you have a ton of beautiful options to pick from! :))

I love [name_m]Vihaan[/name_m] and [name_u]Rohan[/name_u]!

[name_u]Rohan[/name_u] is my favorite! I’ve always found it very handsome.

[name_f]My[/name_f] top three from your list would be:
[name_u]Rohan[/name_u]
[name_m]Rahul[/name_m]
Dylan/Dillon

[name_u]Rohan[/name_u] and [name_u]Dillon[/name_u] sound really handsome!

[name_u]Avi[/name_u], [name_m]Rami[/name_m], and [name_m]Veer[/name_m] would all be easy for people to pronounce in [name_u]America[/name_u]. I especially like that [name_m]Veer[/name_m] means “brave”! Out of your choices I think both [name_u]Shayan[/name_u] and [name_u]Rohan[/name_u] are really cool.