Full name for Ella?

I know it’s super popular right now; but just looking for some more full name options for [name_f]Ella[/name_f], I have always loved her, and it’s a likely choice if I ever have a daughter. [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f], [name_f]Elsa[/name_f], and [name_f]Leisa[/name_f] are all in my family tree, as well as a few Cinderellas. Any ideas?

So far I have:
[name_f]Eleanora[/name_f]
[name_f]Elaina[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliana[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliora[/name_f]
[name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f]

one that instantly came to mind is [name_u]Eloise[/name_u] - i’ve recently been crushing on that name.
[name_f]Leona[/name_f]/[name_f]Leonida[/name_f]
[name_f]Elvira[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabella[/name_f]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] (if you pronounce it as peh-neh-lo-PEE)
[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]/Ordelia/[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f], although these are a bit of a stretch

[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] is the only one that comes to mind since you’ve thought of the main ones… Also, maybe [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] or [name_f]Elena[/name_f].

[name_f]Elaina[/name_f] and [name_f]Eleanora[/name_f] are my favourites from your list.

BTW, I love [name_f]Ella[/name_f] regardless of popularity and think it can easily be a stand alone name!

You and PPs have covered most of the [name_f]El[/name_f]- beginnings I can think of. There’s also:

[name_f]Elana[/name_f]
[name_f]Electra[/name_f]
[name_f]Elettra[/name_f]
[name_f]Elodie[/name_f]
[name_f]Elodia[/name_f]
[name_f]Eloisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Elspeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Elvira[/name_f]

There are a few more -elle/a endings you could also consider (so cool you have Cinderellas in your family tree, it’s a little GP of mine).

[name_f]Annabel[/name_f]/la
[name_f]Arabella[/name_f]
[name_f]Arbella[/name_f]
[name_f]Ariella[/name_f]
[name_f]Christabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Daniela[/name_f]
[name_f]Estelle[/name_f]/a
[name_f]Gabrielle[/name_f]/a
[name_f]Graciela[/name_f]
[name_f]Luella[/name_f]
[name_f]Mariella[/name_f]
[name_f]Mirabel[/name_f]/la
[name_f]Sybella[/name_f]

Depending on how you pronounce them, [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] and [name_f]Cerelia[/name_f] could work too (I say ow-[name_u]RAY[/name_u]-lee-uh and se-[name_f]REE[/name_f]-lee-uh but I’ve also heard or-[name_f]ELL[/name_f]-ee-uh and suh-RELL-ee-uh)

From your signature, I could see both [name_f]Adela[/name_f] and [name_f]Noelle[/name_f]/a with nn [name_f]Ella[/name_f].

[name_f]Annabella[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabella[/name_f]
[name_f]Gabriella[/name_f]
[name_f]Daniella[/name_f]
[name_f]Estella[/name_f]
[name_f]Eloisa[/name_f]?

Aside from the listed [name_f]El[/name_f] and -[name_f]Ella[/name_f] names, I think it works as a NN for any [name_f]Helen[/name_f] varient:

[name_f]Helen[/name_f]
[name_f]Ellen[/name_f]
[name_f]Helena[/name_f]
[name_f]Elaine[/name_f]

Etc.

[name_f]Helen[/name_f]
[name_f]Helena[/name_f]
[name_f]Estelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Ellia[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_f]Elthea[/name_f]
[name_u]Ellery[/name_u]
[name_u]Eliot[/name_u]
[name_f]Amabel[/name_f]

[name_f]Elowen[/name_f] maybe?

[name_f]Annabella[/name_f]
[name_u]Eloise[/name_u]/[name_f]Eloisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Elena[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliana[/name_f]
[name_f]Elisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Gabriella[/name_f]
[name_f]Mirabella[/name_f]

[name_u]Eloise[/name_u]/[name_f]Eloisa[/name_f] is my favorite option right now! I’ve had [name_f]Ella[/name_f] on my list for a little bit, but now I’m thinking if I used [name_f]Ella[/name_f], it’d probably be a nn for [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] or [name_u]Eloise[/name_u]. I’ve been preferring [name_f]Lena[/name_f] for [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], so I’d probably do [name_u]Eloise[/name_u] nn [name_f]Ella[/name_f], or, even more realistically, probably [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] nn [name_f]Ella[/name_f]. I really like the suggestions of [name_f]Annabella[/name_f], [name_f]Isabella[/name_f], and [name_f]Arabella[/name_f], though! [name_m]Even[/name_m] [name_f]Gabriella[/name_f], too. I love [name_f]Leona[/name_f], but I’m not really sure I see how you can get [name_f]Ella[/name_f] from [name_f]Leona[/name_f]…

I know a [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] who goes by [name_f]Ellie[/name_f]. [name_f]Ella[/name_f] could work too.

For the sake of completion, I have to toss down [name_u]Elia[/name_u] and Ellaria from A Song of Ice and [name_m]Fire[/name_m]. Ellaria is one of my all-time favorite literary inspired names and shortens easily to [name_f]Ella[/name_f] or [name_f]Elle[/name_f].

[name_f]Willa[/name_f] Cather’s full name was Wilella, if that isn’t too L-heavy for you.

[name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_f]Elfrieda[/name_f] or [name_f]Elvia[/name_f]?

[name_u]Eloise[/name_u]
[name_f]Elisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_u]Ellison[/name_u]
[name_f]Elodie[/name_f]
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u]
[name_u]Ellis[/name_u]
[name_f]Ellie[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_f]Eloisa[/name_f]

Thanks all. I really like Ellaria, [name_f]Estelle[/name_f], [name_u]Eloise[/name_u] and [name_f]Noella[/name_f], [name_u]Elia[/name_u] is beautiful too!

Okay… so if I went with [name_f]Ella[/name_f] as a full name is [name_f]Ella[/name_f] [name_f]Laura[/name_f] to tongue-tying? I actually like the way it runs together, since [name_f]Laura[/name_f] is only a middle name. [name_f]Lorena[/name_f] is another option or [name_f]Mary[/name_f], but [name_f]Ella[/name_f] [name_f]Lorena[/name_f] was one of [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]'s daughters in Gone with the Wind and I have [name_f]Bonnie[/name_f] on my list too?! Though to be fair, she’d get a second middle name, so it wouldn’t be super noticeable. My paternal grandmother’s middle name was [name_f]Lorraine[/name_f] and my grandpa’s was [name_m]Wray[/name_m], hence the Lor-, Laur- name ideas. :slight_smile: Thoughts?