Full name for Ellie

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] everyone! [name_f]My[/name_f] DH has been set on using ‘[name_f]Ellie[/name_f]’ as a nn for a baby girl since before our first was born. We were set on using the name [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] but recently I’m really drawn to the name [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f].

I’m not sure why I’m reconsidering [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] now I’m actually pregnant after liking it for so long, and was really hoping to get youR opinions on these two options.

Middle name for [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] would probably be [name_f]Claire[/name_f] and [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] I’m having a tough time coming up with a mn but I don’t mind [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]. I’d be open to other suggestions. Big brother is [name_m]Louis[/name_m].

Thank you for taking the time to read/reply to this post! C xx

I much prefer [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] to [name_f]Estelle[/name_f]. [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] is lovely and timeless.

More ideas:
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Fern[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Maisie[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Daisy[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Juno[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Rhea[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Kaia[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_u]Kit[/name_u]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Anna[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Mia[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] marie
[name_f]Estelle[/name_f] rose
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] grace

1 Like

Both are stunning and while I prefer [name_f]Estelle[/name_f], [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] seems right for you at the moment.

[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] is cute!

[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Maisie[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Jade[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Beth[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

[name_m]Louis[/name_m] is so cute! [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] would make a fabulous little sister to [name_m]Louis[/name_m].

[name_f]Estelle[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] nn [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] is very pretty. I am in love w/the name [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], personally, but you have to consider whether or not popularity bothers you. [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] is way more common than [name_f]Estelle[/name_f].

If you do go w/[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] is sweet. Here are a few more mn ideas:

[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Amelia[/name_f]

[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f]

[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Daisy[/name_f]-that’s on my short list!

[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]

[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_u]Louise[/name_u]

[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]

[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]May[/name_f]

[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Sofie[/name_f]

[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ooh, this is tricky! I absolutely love [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] and do prefer it to [name_f]Estelle[/name_f], but [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] and [name_m]Louis[/name_m] are a lovely pair–so really, I think you can’t go wrong. If popularity bothers you, it’s worth noting that [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] is a lot more common. But if you don’t mind a little more popularity, I think my vote goes to [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]. I love how it simultaneously manages to feel elegant and down to earth. It’s the kind of name that I can easily picture on a baby, teenager, or professional woman. Plus it has lots of great associations, and [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] is such a sweet combo! A few other middles that remind me in style or sound of [name_f]Kate[/name_f] or [name_f]Estelle[/name_f]:

[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Elise[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Mireille[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_u]Laine[/name_u]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Soleil[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Celeste[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Acacia[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_m]Louis[/name_m] & [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] would be perfect together and I love ellie as nickname

1 Like

Please don’t doubt [name_f]Estelle[/name_f]! [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] is pretty, but is becoming really popular. [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] is gorgeous and unexpected.

1 Like

[name_f]Estelle[/name_f] and [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] are stunning names for a girl! I would probably go with [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] - unique, sweet, elegant and magnificent meaning.
For [name_f]Ellie[/name_f]’s full name, I suggest [name_f]Eleanora[/name_f]/[name_f]Eleonora[/name_f], [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], [name_f]Elena[/name_f]/[name_f]Helena[/name_f], [name_f]Elodie[/name_f], [name_f]Eloise[/name_f], [name_f]Adele[/name_f], [name_f]Adeline[/name_f], [name_f]Eliana[/name_f], [name_f]Noelle[/name_f], [name_f]Gabrielle[/name_f], [name_f]Arielle[/name_f], [name_f]Delia[/name_f], [name_f]Elsa[/name_f], [name_f]Raphaela[/name_f], [name_f]Isabel[/name_f], [name_f]Elaine[/name_f], [name_f]Giselle[/name_f], [name_f]Eliora[/name_f], [name_f]Elowen[/name_f], [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f], [name_f]Mabel[/name_f], [name_f]Felicia[/name_f], [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f], [name_f]Elinor[/name_f], [name_f]Camellia[/name_f], [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u],…

1 Like

Thank you everyone for your comments! I’m glad that people like [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f], although there’s been some other lovely combos mentioned … [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] is sweet and [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f] or [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] are beautiful and classic. I forgot to mention I can’t use [name_f]Grace[/name_f] because that’s my nieces name! Popularity doesn’t bother me too much, I’d rather love the name we pick.
I think I’ll need to discuss more with DH who seems to still be pretty keen on [name_f]Estelle[/name_f]. It might be a case of taking both to the hospital to see which one ‘fits’ best.