Full name for nickname "Liv"?

Hey :slight_smile:

I really love the name [name_f]Liv[/name_f], but I’d prefer a longer full name. So far I like [name_f]Olive[/name_f] and [name_f]Livia[/name_f] with the nickname [name_f]Liv[/name_f] a lot!
But I would love your suggestions! The name can also be a bit of a stretch.

Liviana
[name_f]Olive[/name_f]
Livi

[name_f]Olivet[/name_f] comes to mind, as does [name_f]Lavinia[/name_f] and Livanna. You could also do a first and middle that make [name_f]Liv[/name_f] - i.e. [name_f]Lola[/name_f] [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] “[name_f]Liv[/name_f]”.

I think [name_f]Liv[/name_f] can stand alone but definitely see the appeal of a longer full name to go with a short and sweet (nick)name like [name_f]Liv[/name_f].

I definitely thought of the obvious choice [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] first of all, and [name_f]Livia[/name_f] and [name_f]Olive[/name_f] as well. But if you’re looking to stretch the possibilities, these all have “l” “i” and “v” in them, though not actually “liv”…

Ludivine
[name_f]Lavinia[/name_f]
[name_f]Valentina[/name_f]/[name_u]Valentine[/name_u]
[name_f]Valeria[/name_f]/[name_f]Valerie[/name_f]

The other thought I had is that for a three-letter name like [name_f]Liv[/name_f] you could get it through initials–with two middle names, assuming the last name doesn’t coincidentally start with V! For example [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] [name_f]India[/name_f] [name_u]Valentine[/name_u], nn. [name_f]Liv[/name_f], to borrow from your signature :slight_smile:

[name_f]Lavender[/name_f]
[name_f]Livana[/name_f]
[name_f]Lavinia[/name_f]
Liviana
Valasca
[name_f]Livie[/name_f]
Lovella
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] or [name_f]Viola[/name_f]
[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] or [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f]
[name_f]Valencia[/name_f]
[name_f]Valerie[/name_f] or [name_f]Valeria[/name_f]
[name_f]Velvet[/name_f]
[name_u]Valentine[/name_u] or [name_f]Valentina[/name_f]

[name_f]Alivia[/name_f] and [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] are my favorites.

I would pick [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] instead of [name_f]Olive[/name_f].

I always loved the idea of [name_f]Violet[/name_f] nn [name_f]Liv[/name_f]. A lot of people think it’s a stretch but I really like that the letters in [name_f]Violet[/name_f] spell out “To Live” and thought [name_f]Liv[/name_f] was a sweet nickname for it.

What about Liveva? It means “beloved gift” in Anglo-[name_m]Saxon[/name_m] :slight_smile:

A few more (perhaps less intuitive) options:

[name_f]Olivine[/name_f]
Aliva (from Old English ‘noble gift’)
Olivera (feminisation of [name_m]Oliver[/name_m], used in the Middle Ages)
[name_f]Livana[/name_f]
[name_u]Bolivia[/name_u]
[name_u]Sullivan[/name_u]
[name_f]Zaliv[/name_f]
Godelieve, Godeleva, Lieve
[name_f]Madelief[/name_f]
Madeleva (etymology uncertain. [name_f]Sister[/name_f] Madeleva was an academic and nun in the early 20th Century)
[name_f]Elisavet[/name_f], [name_f]Elisaveta[/name_f]

Or (a bit more of a stretch), from first & middle. Something like:
[name_f]Lyra[/name_f] Evolet
[name_f]Lydia[/name_f] Avelot
[name_f]Eluned[/name_f] [name_f]Yvaine[/name_f]
[name_f]Elinor[/name_f] [name_f]Yvette[/name_f]
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f] [name_f]Vera[/name_f]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]
etc

Ylva/Ylvi, Avilla, [name_f]Aviva[/name_f], Avonlea, [name_u]Ever[/name_u]/[name_u]Everly[/name_u], [name_f]Waverley[/name_f], [name_f]Ediva[/name_f], Leneve Everild & [name_u]Averill[/name_u] might also work as middles, especially with a first that has an ‘l’ and ‘i’ or ‘v’ sound (e.g. [name_f]Ludovica[/name_f], [name_f]Lovisa[/name_f], [name_f]Lovina[/name_f])

I think initials [name_f]LIV[/name_f] work (as suggested by @halloween_jacqueline), but also initials LYV or even just LV.

1 Like