Full name for nickname Wells?

Hi Berries!
[name_m]Wells[/name_m] is one of my favourite boy names atm, and I do love it as a full name in its own right. But I was wondering, do you have any ideas for a longer name that could have the nickname [name_m]Wells[/name_m]? The only one I’ve found is [name_m]Wellington[/name_m] and I’m not loving it (makes me think of beef pie!). Thanks!!

How about [name_m]Orwell[/name_m]?

4 Likes

Ooh, great suggestion! [name_m]How[/name_m] did I not think of this?!

Howell

2 Likes

A week ago someone had [name_m]Lowell[/name_m] nn [name_m]Wells[/name_m] on their list.

2 Likes

I thought [name_u]Maxwell[/name_u] or [name_m]Orwell[/name_m] initially too as others have suggested xx
Might be a stretch but I think [name_m]Wells[/name_m] could work for [name_m]William[/name_m] seeing as [name_m]Bill[/name_m] and [name_u]Billy[/name_u] are nn’s for [name_m]William[/name_m] I don’t see why [name_m]Wells[/name_m] couldn’t work too :))

Thirding [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] and adding [name_u]Maxwell[/name_u], [name_m]Roswell[/name_m], and Wellesly/Wellsley.

I do love it by itself though!!

1 Like

I thought about [name_f]Wellesley[/name_f]/Wellsley and [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] too! I also know someone from high school who just has a [name_m]Wells[/name_m] so it works as a full name too.

1 Like

Another vote for [name_m]Wesley[/name_m]–I love it, and I can see it working with [name_m]Wells[/name_m]!

Seconding [name_m]Orwell[/name_m] and [name_m]Wesley[/name_m]

I found a thread with several suggestions of names ending in -well

One that’s not listed is [name_m]Roswell[/name_m]… I think that’s a cute name for a parent who’s into extraterrestrial/supernatural/magic vibes :blush:

EDIT: Oh! And it has the potential for nn Ross OR Wells (I like when kids have nn options, so they can express themselves how they wish to)

1 Like

This is a great list, thanks! I can’t believe I forgot about [name_m]Bramwell[/name_m], I used to love the [name_m]Bramwell[/name_m] [name_m]Brown[/name_m] books as a child. [name_m]Roswell[/name_m] is awesome too!!

1 Like

Attwell
[name_m]Rockwell[/name_m]
[name_m]Howell[/name_m]

1 Like

I second [name_m]Wesley[/name_m], [name_m]Lowell[/name_m] and Attwell!!

Weldon
[name_m]Llewellyn[/name_m]
[name_u]Wendell[/name_u]
[name_m]Samwell[/name_m]

1 Like

Westley
[name_f]Wellesley[/name_f]
[name_m]William[/name_m]

Maxwell would be a good first name for a nn [name_m]Wells[/name_m].