Full name for Rosie

I’ve always loved the name [name]Rose[/name], and recently I’ve really fallen for the nickname [name]Rosie[/name]. I’ve considered using just [name]Rose[/name], but I feel kind of weird giving her a nickname longer than her first name. What are some ideas for a full name for the nickname [name]Rosie[/name]? [name]One[/name] that I’ve been considering is [name]Rosemarie[/name], but worry that it will get mistaken for [name]Rosemary[/name], what are your thoughts? The [name]Marie[/name] part has significance to me also.

The nn [name]Rosie[/name] is adorable! I really like the sound of [name]Rosemary[/name] but not [name]Rosemarie[/name]. Here are some suggestions:
[name]Primrose[/name]
[name]Penrose[/name]
[name]Rosalia[/name]
Rosabel
Rosabella
[name]Rosaline[/name]
[name]Rosa[/name]
[name]Briar[/name]-[name]Rose[/name]
[name]Rosalba[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Rosalind[/name]
[name]Rosamund[/name]
[name]Rosanna[/name]
[name]Rosanne[/name]
[name]Rosaria[/name]
[name]Roselle[/name]
[name]Rosette[/name]
[name]Rosetta[/name]

My favourites are [name]Primrose[/name], [name]Penrose[/name], [name]Rosemary[/name] and [name]Rosetta[/name]. [name]Hope[/name] this helps :slight_smile:

I love [name]Rose[/name], [name]Rosie[/name] and [name]Primrose[/name]. You could use [name]Rosie[/name] as her name and shorten it to [name]Rose[/name] when she gets older?

If you like [name]Rose[/name] with the nickname, [name]Rosie[/name], I think you should use it. My 3rd daughter’s nickname is [name]Janie[/name] and her first name is [name]Jane[/name]. I don’t think nicknames don’t have to be just a convenience thing (less syllables to say) but can be used as a form of endearment. :slight_smile:

I do like many longer forms of [name]Rose[/name] though. [name]Rosaline[/name], [name]Rosalie[/name], and [name]Rosalind[/name] are my favorites.

I think it is perfectly fine to go with your original plan. However, my favorite longer name would have to be [name]Rosamunde[/name]:slight_smile:

I love [name]Rosalie[/name] nn [name]Rosie[/name] :slight_smile:

I love [name]Rosemary[/name]! As it’s pronounced the same as [name]Rosemarie[/name], I still think it gives you the significance.

[name]Rosalind[/name]
[name]Rosaline[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Rosamund[/name]/[name]Rosamond[/name]
[name]Primrose[/name]
[name]Roisin[/name]

Hmm you pronounce [name]Rosemary[/name] and [name]Rosemarie[/name] the same way? Maybe I’m saying one or the other wrong, but they sound very different to my ears. Or maybe it just depends on the different accents.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions! While I think A LOT of these names are pretty, I don’t think I could see myself using a lot of the names. Besides [name]Rose[/name], I’m really liking [name]Rosalie[/name]. I’m just worried about the popularity of that one…

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name]! And though I do think it’s destined for greater popularity it’s not popular yet :wink: Some others that haven’t been mentioned yet…

[name]Rosaleen[/name]
Rosamée/Rosamay
[name]Rosario[/name]

I like just [name]Rose[/name] nn [name]Rosie[/name]. [name]Even[/name] though it’s longer, it’s adorable for a little girl and I even know a 16 year old who continues to go by [name]Rosie[/name]. I do like [name]Rosemarie[/name] though too

I would vote for just [name]Rose[/name] as well but I do know a [name]Rosella[/name] and I always thought her name was beautiful.

[name]Rosie[/name] can be a name you just use on its own it doesn’t have to be a nick name. I went to school with 2 [name]Rosie[/name]'s and my cousins girlfriend is called [name]Rosie[/name]-[name]May[/name].

yep, this is my favourite too!

I have a character on my forum named [name]Rose[/name] who is nicknamed [name]Rosie[/name]. It works :slight_smile:

Maybe it is accents. I pronounce them the same way too. While it looks like [name]Rosemary[/name] should be said like [name]Rose[/name] then [name]Mary[/name], it’s actually said more like [name]Rose[/name] then [name]Marie[/name] - I would pronounce both something like [name]Rose[/name]-muh-ree. I might emphasise the final ‘ree’ more on [name]Rosemarie[/name], but essentially it’s the same name just a different spelling to me, and I’m sure most UK Berries would agree with you.

There’s nothing wrong with [name]Rose[/name] nn [name]Rosie[/name] at all, and I wouldn’t worry about the popularity of [name]Rosalie[/name]. [name]Rosa[/name]'s my personal favourite [name]Rose[/name] name, but you might also want to consider [name]Rosanna[/name] (prn [name]Rose[/name]-[name]Anna[/name])- I’ve only ever known one and she goes by the occasional nickname [name]Rosie[/name], and I think if you’re concerned about the popularity of [name]Rosalie[/name] it might make a nice alternative.

I think it’s fine to give her [name]Rose[/name] nn [name]Rosie[/name]. It is just like [name]Anne[/name] nn [name]Annie[/name] or [name]Jane[/name] nn [name]Janie[/name] - classics like that work with longer nns.

[name]Rosie[/name] is adorable - one of my favorites! If you do want to give her a longer name, though, [name]Rosalie[/name] is definitely my favorite, followed by [name]Roseanna[/name].

[name]Ambrosia[/name]
Ambrosine
Roswitha
[name]Rosine[/name]
Rosenda
Rosamunda
[name]Roselle[/name]
[name]Rosette[/name]
Rosary

my favourites are [name]Rosamund[/name], [name]Rosalind[/name], and [name]Rose[/name].

My favorites are [name]Rose[/name], [name]Rosanna[/name], and [name]Rosalind[/name].

I like Rosmary very much. Also [name]Primrose[/name], [name]Rosaline[/name] and [name]Penrose[/name] are all stunningly beautiful.