Full name for Tess.

Ugh, me, too! At least, I used to. Then I started this thread (just to cover my bases and make sure there wasn’t a longer name out there that I love for the nn [name]Tess[/name]), and now I feel like [name]Tess[/name] needs a longer name. :confused:

I had actually thought of [name]Celeste[/name], too, but I don’t like it very much. :confused: I do like [name]Felicity[/name], but I agree that [name]Tess[/name] is a pretty big stretch!

A different idea- what if you had initals T E S

[name]Thalia[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Seren[/name] (for example) nn Tes(s)?

[name]Emilia[/name]

[name]Emilia[/name], that’s an amazing idea! It would so work, too, if [name]Tess[/name] wasn’t the only “T” name I loved. lol.

I love [name]Tess[/name] by itself (as you do) but have also wondered the same thing. I like Contessa (or maybe [name]Esther[/name]) too but prefer just [name]Tess[/name] and think it totally works for a full name. But I too would love to hear of a great full name with [name]Tess[/name] for a nn!!

Maybe [name]Tristana[/name]?

Thanks, ladies! I think I’m just going to stick with [name]Tess[/name] as it is. If [name]Isabelle[/name] weren’t on my list, I’d probably do [name]Elisabeth[/name], nn [name]Tess[/name], but [name]Isabelle[/name] and [name]Elisabeth[/name] as sisters is a bit much for me. :confused: Maybe in time [name]Theresa[/name] will grow on me enough to use it, though. :slight_smile:

Now I just have to choose between [name]Eva[/name] “[name]Evie[/name]” and [name]Tess[/name]!

I rather like [name]Tereza[/name] as a spelling. That’s pretty jazzy!

I recently met a [name]Tess[/name] and my first question was “What is it short for?” It does seem incomplete to me… I think Contessa is sooo pretty!

As you know I share your love for [name]Tess[/name] (but I love [name]Theresa[/name] too). I’ll say that I also love [name]Nell[/name] and don’t love any of the longer names for it. If I hadn’t had any girls yet I’d fell free to use just [name]Nell[/name] which is similar to using just [name]Tess[/name]. However, since I have a [name]Katharine[/name] I feel like I can’t go that route. I think if you have an [name]Isabelle[/name] you might harder time going with just [name]Tess[/name]. To me [name]Tess[/name]'s sisters would be best matched with sisters like [name]Nell[/name], [name]Cate[/name]/[name]Kate[/name], [name]May[/name], and the like.

I’d wondered about that, but lately I’ve been thinking about it, and while [name]Tess[/name] is short and [name]Isabelle[/name] is long, there’s a same sort of elegant, timeless-but-modern, sweet, innocent (and maybe a bit spunky, too) feel to them. And I quite like the idea of [name]Isabelle[/name] and [name]Tess[/name] as sisters.

Somehow, [name]Tess[/name] just feels like a full name to me. I’ve always preferred longer names with nicknames, because my siblings all had nicknames and I don’t have one, but [name]Tess[/name] isn’t the only name on my list that would be without a nn ([name]Rachel[/name], [name]Violet[/name], [name]Brody[/name], [name]Jack[/name], [name]Avery[/name]…). I think [name]Theresa[/name] is one of those names that I’ll keep my heart open for, and if I fall for it, great, but if not, then it’s okay. Sort of like [name]Josephine[/name] and my beloved [name]Posy[/name]. :confused:

[name]Rachel[/name] doesn’t have nicknames?

[/has veered completely off the subject]

lol. [name]Rachel[/name] could have nicknames, I just doubt I would use them. If I had a [name]Rachel[/name], I can’t picture me calling her “[name]Rae[/name]” or “Rach”, or even “[name]Elle[/name]”. I like them, I think I’d just opt for [name]Rachel[/name]…

Oh okay. That makes sense. Sorry, I was having a brain snap.

[name]Tess[/name] is so lovely and strong… my latest crush… I also wondered about longer versions but in the end feel they detract from it rather than adding to it, so my vote would be to stick just as it is. S’fab :slight_smile:

[also off-topic: typing with gloves on, not easy]

I know a [name]Tess[/name] who’s full name is [name]Terril[/name]/[name]Terryl[/name] (not sure how she spells it) and she never gets called her birth-certificate name. But I don’t think there’s a problem with just using [name]Tess[/name], it’s a lovely name.

I think [name]Tess[/name] is lovely as a stand-alone name, and I agree with you about it having a similar feel to [name]Isabelle[/name]. [name]Just[/name] thought I’d suggest [name]Estella[/name] nn [name]Tess[/name] as yet another possibility (albeit a pretty big stretch), although come to think of it it’s probably way too close to [name]Isabelle[/name] :confused: Maybe Adalise? Another stretch, but I think it could work.

Maybe…
Tesslyn ([name_f]Tess[/name_f]-[name_f]Lin[/name_f])
or
Tessly ([name_f]Tess[/name_f]-[name_u]Lee[/name_u])