Full name for...

the nn [name]Apple[/name]? I cant think of any. Anybody got any?

Appollonia is all I’m coming up with…I really like Greek names, but they’re not for everyone. What do you think?

I like it, but i think i like it more in theory. Im not a big fan of greek names, mostly because to me they feel a bit “out there” not in a bad way but not in the best way. Thanks for the suggestion! :slight_smile:

[name]April[/name] and then [name]Apple[/name] as a nn, or some short but simple A name such as [name]Anna[/name] with a PL middle name, ex. [name]Anna[/name] [name]Plaire[/name], but that’s a stretch.

[name]APOLLINE[/name] is the French form of [name]Apollonia[/name]. I also like [name]April[/name] - I am probably in the minority, but [name]April[/name] always sounds like a pretty name. I know it was very popular a couple decades ago, and now we’ve moved back to [name]May[/name] and [name]June[/name] for a while (and [name]August[/name], I think, [name]January[/name], [name]September[/name], a couple months that people feel are nice-sounding and imagery). [name]April[/name] is a beautiful time of year, and I’ve always thought the name is just pretty to look at as well as how it sounds. Might be too cheesy and dated, but that’s something I don’t mind as much.

If you like [name]Apple[/name], though. Hmm. I am trying to think of names that have the letters “AP” perhaps in the middle or near the end, I’m not really coming up with any names, but I think of Annapolis, like the capitol of Maryland, trying to think of an actual name that simulates that kind of structure, with an AP in the sound of it, even an APOL or something like it where you could get a nickname [name]Apple[/name] out of it easily. Terrapin is a kind of turtle, not a name, I am coming up with words and places, not really any names, but maybe if I suggest these words, a name or two will suddenly occur to someone that are close in structure to these words, any name with a prominent AP sound (not necessarily at the beginning could be called APPY for short, so I don’t see why you couldn’t just make that a -PLE, APP-[name]LE[/name] instead of APP-Y. Can’t think of any!

Why not name her after a type of [name]Apple[/name] like [name]Edith[/name] after an [name]Edith[/name] [name]Smith[/name] nn [name]Apple[/name] or Pricsilla. I just looked it up there are over 7000. I’m sure you could find a nice name from them. gl

[name]Pomona[/name] and Pomeline both mean apple, so that could be very cute ^^
They’re long as well so they need nicknames…

Other than that I like Appollonia the most of all the suggestions, but there are variations like [name]Appoline[/name] that are less clunky :slight_smile: [name]Appoline[/name] is lovely!

[name]Love[/name] the nn [name]Apple[/name] :slight_smile:
Some of these may be a stretch, but it is a nn.

[name]Adolpha[/name]: [name]German[/name], meaning [name]Noble[/name] she wolf.
Alpina: Scottish, Blond.
[name]Amapola[/name]: Arabic, poppy. (pronounced ah-mah-POH-lah.)
Aponi: Native American, [name]Butterfly[/name].
Appelsin: Danish, [name]Orange[/name] (the fruit)
[name]Caprice[/name]: English, Beautiful.
[name]Hephzibah[/name]: Hebrew, My delight is in her.
Joxepa: Hebrew, God will add.
Leopoldine: [name]German[/name], Of the people.
[name]Olympia[/name]: Greek, From [name]Olympus[/name].
[name]Parnella[/name]: French, [name]Rock[/name].
[name]Philippa[/name]: Greek, Lover of horses.
[name]Pilar[/name]: Spanish, [name]Pillar[/name].
[name]Pomona[/name]: Latin, meaning [name]Apple[/name]. The [name]Roman[/name] goddess of fruit trees.
[name]Raphaela[/name]: Hebrew, God has healed.

Appollonia is awesome. It reminds me of The Godfather. I would love it if someone named their daughter Appollonia with the nickname [name]Apple[/name]. It’s so cute!

i’ve always loved the name avalon with the nn apple because it means island of apples or apple island…something like that!

Oh wow! I didnt realize there were SO many! haha i literally couldnt think of ANY! Thanks so much! My favorites listed were…

[name]Apolline[/name]
Pomeline
Applesin
and
[name]Avalon[/name]

to rae1982 i really like the idea of using the name of a apple! Thanks so much everyone! If there are still possibilities out there keep them coming:)

[name]Seraphina[/name]?
Maybe it’s a stretch, but I think nn [name]Apple[/name] could work with [name]Seraphina[/name].

Or you could go with a mythology connection, i.e. [name]Helen[/name]/[name]Helena[/name] (of [name]Troy[/name]) who was given the golden apple for being the most beautiful woman in the world. - to make a long story very very short!