Full names for Kit?

My partner and I love, love, adore the name [name_u]Kit[/name_u] for either a boy or a girl, but I’m not sure that I would want to use it on its own. [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] and [name_f]Christine[/name_f] are off the table. What other names could [name_u]Kit[/name_u] be a logical nickname for?

[name_f]TIA[/name_f]! I’ll try to respond to all comments. :slight_smile:

For boys, I think any of your [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] variants would work, my favorites being [name_m]Christian[/name_m] and [name_m]Kristoff[/name_m]. For girls, besides all the [name_f]Christina[/name_f] variants, there’s also [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] and [name_f]Keturah[/name_f].

Akito
Beckett
Calista
Calixto
Catalina
Catkin
Cato
Catrin
Catriona
Clianthe
Clint
Clothilde
Colette
Colton
Constantine
Corentin
Courtney
Cricket
Crystal
Kaitlyn
Karita
Karlita
Katherine
Katie
Katriel
Katrina
Katya
Keaton
Keats
Keith
Kennet
Kenneth
Kensington
Kerith
Kestrel
Keturah
Ketzia
Kingston
Kitty
Kirsten
Kirsty
Kismet
Kito
Klint
Krista
Kristabel
Kristen
Kristie
Kurt
Kurtis
Malachite
Nikita
Rocket

Wonderful suggestions! I love [name_u]Kit[/name_u] as a short form of [name_f]Katherine[/name_f].

From freddiethepink’s amazing list, I like:

Akito ([name_u]LOVE[/name_u] – my partner is Japanese, so this could be a serious contender)
[name_f]Catalina[/name_f]
[name_u]Cato[/name_u]
[name_f]Catrin[/name_f]
[name_m]Corentin[/name_m]
[name_m]Kennet[/name_m]
[name_u]Nikita[/name_u]

Thank you – these suggestions are fantastic!

Or something involving the middle name too?

E.g., [name_m]Keiron[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] nn [name_u]Kit[/name_u]

For a boy, maybe [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] or something similar?

I knew a girl named Kitiara who went by [name_u]Kit[/name_u]. I think her parents made up the name, but that may still want to be one you consider. I think [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] is another good choice.

Other options:
[name_f]Chiara[/name_f]
[name_f]Kira[/name_f]/[name_f]Kiera[/name_f]
[name_f]Katelyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Kathleen[/name_f]

[name_m]Atticus[/name_m] is the only other one I can think of. Surprised it hasn’t been mentioned yet.

I love [name_u]Kit[/name_u] for boy or girl too! It’s on my list as a nn for [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] (I think I got this from the [name_f]Vittoria[/name_f] variant). Also works really well for Kath- names.

For boys, I like the suggestions of [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] or [name_m]Beckett[/name_m].

I work in the school system so I get to see a whole gamut of names! I had to jump in and say there was a [name_u]Kit[/name_u] (boy) whose full name was Kitson.

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

I love [name_u]Kit[/name_u] for a boy or girl too. One of the few names that I think works well for either.

The only name that I think could work that hasn’t been mentioned yet is [name_m]Crispin[/name_m]. My personal favorites are [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] & [name_f]Cricket[/name_f] though. Okay, [name_f]Cricket[/name_f] is totally a guilty pleasure. But kind of cute for either gender, isn’t it?

I love [name_f]Katia[/name_f] nn [name_u]Kit[/name_u] for a girl. [name_f]Kathleen[/name_f] & [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] are nice as well, but [name_f]Katia[/name_f] is more interesting.

Akito is an amazing suggestion, but for a half Japanese baby? [name_m]Even[/name_m] better!

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile: