Full Names for Ray

I love [name]Ray[/name] and hate [name]Raymond[/name]. I’m a big believer in giving kids options with their names, though, so I don’t think I would use [name]Ray[/name] on it’s own. Any other names it could be a nn for?

[name]Raphael[/name] (not quite the same sound, but it could work)
[name]Erramun[/name]
[name]Raimo[/name]
[name]Ramon[/name]
[name]Redmond[/name]
[name]Brayden[/name] (trendy though along the aiden/jaden/caden lines)
[name]Grayson[/name]
[name]Murray[/name]/[name]Moray[/name]
[name]Raeburn[/name]
[name]Graeme[/name] ([name]Gray[/name]-um)
[name]Race[/name]
[name]Rafferty[/name]
[name]Raiden[/name] (Japanese God of thunder)
[name]Rain[/name]
[name]Ramero[/name]
[name]Andre[/name]
[name]Dougray[/name]

Some work better than others, [name]Murray[/name] would be my favorite followed closely by [name]Graeme[/name], Good [name]Luck[/name]!

Delray
[name]Rayfield[/name]

I don’t think you’re going to find anything cool with a “ray” sound in it. I would probably do with just [name]Ray[/name] of [name]Raymond[/name] or [name]Murray[/name]. If you wanted to, I’m pretty sure you could make [name]Ray[/name] work for really any R name if you wanted to and stuck to your guns about it. A lot of older nickname came from names with out almost any of the same sounds in it. I like the [name]Raphael[/name] suggestion someone made.

Thank you so much guys! Sorry to come back so far later- I totally forgot I posted this! I actually love [name]Raphael[/name]- it’s one of my top choices on its own. I’m not sure how crazy I am about using it with the nickname [name]Ray[/name], but I definitely love the name. I think I might have to just give up everything I stand for and use [name]Ray[/name] on its own (this is totally hypothetical though). Shocker.