Full names for Tanzy

I really like the name [name_f]Tanzy[/name_f] (or Tansy) but I’m not so sure how I feel about it as a full name. It seems like a really great nickname for a kid but I have a hard time seeing an adult with the name [name_f]Tanzy[/name_f]. I would love some suggestions for possible full names or your opinions on [name_f]Tanzy[/name_f] as a full name. Thanks All!

1 Like

I love [name_f]Tansy[/name_f] (though I prefer this spelling)! [name_f]My[/name_f] favorite full name option is [name_f]Tamsin[/name_f], but [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] works, too.

2 Likes

What about [name_f]Topanga[/name_f]?

Tanzania? I actually quite love that. [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f], [name_f]Constanza[/name_f] and [name_f]Constance[/name_f] could work too.

2 Likes

I know a [name_f]Tamarind[/name_f], which could work. Or even [name_f]Tamarisk[/name_f]?

But I can definitely see [name_f]Tansy[/name_f] (spelt like the plant) working as a full name, in the same vein as [name_f]Lily[/name_f] or [name_f]Poppy[/name_f].

Tanzy with a Z does feel more like a nickname – @foeva’s suggestion of [name_f]Constanza[/name_f] is inspired!

I think [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] would work! I also had a student named Tanzania which I thought was a really beautiful name, although she is African-American and it might not work as well for a child with no connection to the country or region, so it would be up to you whether you felt comfortable using a country name.

Maybe a first/middle name combo

[name_f]Tiana[/name_f] [name_f]Jazmine[/name_f]/ Jasmine ‘[name_f]Tanzy[/name_f]’
[name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] ‘[name_f]Tansy[/name_f]’
[name_f]Tana[/name_f] [name_f]Zoey[/name_f] ‘[name_f]Tanzy[/name_f]’
[name_f]Talullah[/name_f] [name_f]Nancy[/name_f] ‘[name_f]Tanzy[/name_f]’

Tanya, [name_f]Tatiana[/name_f] or [name_f]Natasha[/name_f], maybe?

I knew a [name_f]Tawny[/name_f] in high school. I thought it was quite mature sounding while still sounding cute. It may not appeal to you for the [name_f]Tansy[/name_f] nickname, but your post really reminded me of [name_f]Tawny[/name_f].

Tawny [name_f]Sabina[/name_f] “[name_f]Tansy[/name_f]”
[name_f]Tawny[/name_f] [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f] “[name_f]Tansy[/name_f]”

Hello! [name_m]Just[/name_m] wanted to say that I know a [name_f]Tanzy[/name_f] who is in her 20s and her name really suits her. I never thought of it as a young sounding name and she definitely wears it well, so it is possible! I don’t think she has a longer name, or if she does she never uses it.

2 Likes

For what it’s worth, I read a book in school a very long time ago, set in Queensland, where the child was named [name_f]Tansy[/name_f]. I have always loved the name [name_f]Tansy[/name_f], ever since. The book was set post WW1, so the name has been around for a while. there is also a place name Tansey in Central [name_u]South[/name_u] [name_u]East[/name_u] Queensland. so for me, [name_f]Tansy[/name_f] is a full name similar to [name_f]Nancy[/name_f].

1 Like

Anastasia definitely works for [name_f]Tanzy[/name_f]!

The first name that came to mind for me was Tanzim. But I think [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] and [name_f]Constanza[/name_f], as others have mentioned, could work.

1 Like

I second [name_f]Tamsin[/name_f], and I’ll suggest [name_f]Tanis[/name_f]–have heard it only on nameberry but I kind of like it!

Constanza/Constance are adorable

Tanzelle? Made up but not too weird in my opinion! I have a friend with surname Tanze.

I love [name_f]Tansy[/name_f]! I definitely prefer the [name_f]Tansy[/name_f] spelling. I see what you mean in regards to [name_f]Tanzy[/name_f]; I can’t picture an adult with that, but [name_f]Tansy[/name_f] would totally age well in my opinion! I second (third?) the suggestion of [name_f]Tamsin[/name_f]; that was the first one that came to mind.