Full names for the nickname Sol?

I really love the nickname [name]Sol[/name] for a boy, but I can’t see myself using [name]Solomon[/name] (though I do like it). Any other suggestions of good names for the nickname [name]Sol[/name]? Alternatively, what do you think of it as an “initial nickname” for something like Sage Obediah Lupin [Surname] or Salem Oliver Lisle [Surname]?

Can’t really think of any other names it could be a nn for (but maybe you’d like just [name]Saul[/name]?), I think it could definitely work as an initial nickname. [name]Ace[/name] as nn for [name]Arthur[/name] [name]Charles[/name] [name]Elias[/name] is in my top 3 combos, and I think that works!

My only other thought was [name]Saul[/name], as well. I did a quick search, and all I could really come up with that is potentially usable is Absolom/Absolon. I came across [name]Solon[/name], which could work, too, but it is pretty close to [name]Solomon[/name]…

I definitely think something like [name]Sage[/name] [name]Obadiah[/name] Lupin/[name]Salem[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Lisle[/name]/etc., nn [name]Sol[/name], could work. I have a tough time pairing [name]Samuel[/name] up, so I’d considered [name]Seth[/name] [name]August[/name] [name]Morgan[/name], nn [name]Sam[/name]… I think it works fine.

I’m not a fan of [name]Saul[/name] at all really, probably because I hate [name]Paul[/name] and my (very rude) GP’s name is [name]Saul[/name]. I do like Absolom, but again can’t see myself using it. I guess I’ll end up with using it as an initial nickname.

I have heard Solan for a boy (like so-lan)

*meant to say it’s not popular but I think it’s growing because I just googled the meaning and cant find it (possible Solemn or Sun related?) but there are a lot of other inquiries about the origin… I cant see this becoming a US hit, it sounds too much like salon…to be honest it sounds like “salon” in french too :confused: