Full names for Winnie/Can Winnie stand alone?

I’ve really been crushing on [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] lately! It’s cute, Vintage, and Spunky. I like it on its own but I don’t want my daughter to be stuck with a name that she wouldn’t like as an adult. I like [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] but it’s a little too vintage for me. I also like [name_u]Winslow[/name_u] but I don’t really like that it’s [name_u]Win[/name_u] and Slow together. Are there any full names I’m missing? Also middle name ideas are always appreciated!!

[name_u]Winter[/name_u]
[name_f]Bronwyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f]
[name_f]Winslet[/name_f]

I love Winnie on its own but Gwendolyn is another full name option! (or any gwen/wen name)

[name_f]Winnie[/name_f] is so cute! I like the suggestions of winter, winslet and [name_f]Arianwen[/name_f]!

[name_u]Winter[/name_u] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]
[name_u]Winter[/name_u] [name_f]Elora[/name_f]
[name_u]Winter[/name_u] [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f]

[name_f]Winslet[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Winslet[/name_f] [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_f]Winslet[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]

Winnie can definitely stand alone!

I agree [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] can definitely work as a standalone!

We have a little [name_f]Winnie[/name_f]! I looked everywhere for a longer form of the name both my husband and I could agree on, we finally settled on [name_f]Winry[/name_f] (though it’s not much ‘more’ of a name than [name_f]Winnie[/name_f]…) but these are the names I gathered as potentials…

[name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Arianwen[/name_f]
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f]
wendelin
Winnimere

Winnimere

Winoa

[name_f]Winola[/name_f]

[name_f]Winona[/name_f]

Winora

[name_f]Winry[/name_f]

Winsy

[name_f]Winslet[/name_f]

Winsley

[name_u]Winslow[/name_u]

Winsol

[name_m]Carwyn[/name_m]

Ceridwen

Derowen

Eilwen

Gwenonwy

Gwyneira

Islwyn

Mairwen

Merewen

Olwen

1 Like

Winter
[name_f]Elowyn[/name_f]/Elowen
[name_f]Winslet[/name_f]
[name_f]Bronwen[/name_f]
Wihelmina
[name_f]Winona[/name_f]
[name_f]Winola[/name_f]

I personally love the name [name_f]Winika[/name_f] x

I think [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] could stand alone.

I could have written this post myself! I’m in love with the name [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] at the moment and have been thinking about it a lot lately.

My MIL has a name that could use [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] as a nn but she doesn’t, so I see it as a potential honour for her. I’ve been trying to fall in love with [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] as it’s closest to my taste but I can’t shake the elven vibe for a real child, plus [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] seems like a bit of a stretch as a nn for her.

So I’m on board with making [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] a stand alone name! [name_m]Jimmy[/name_m] [name_u]Fallon[/name_u] did it. I’m sure more than a few parents will in coming years too. Plus [name_f]Millie[/name_f], [name_f]Tillie[/name_f], [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] etc. aren’t any better really!

I actually secretly adore [name_f]Winola[/name_f] but I can’t see it flying with my family/friends.

I agree with @caramel107 a full name option would be nice. I love the suggestion of [name_u]Winter[/name_u]

I recently discovered the name Winnika which means “[name_u]Christmas[/name_u] [name_f]Orchid[/name_f]”, and I think it is gorgeous! I absolutely love the name [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] :slight_smile:

and yes I [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] can definitely stand alone! I know a lovely [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] and when I asked her about it she said it is not short for anything :slight_smile: