Fun Project!

My friend is legally changing his name and he needs help finding the right name! He’s becoming a citizen, so he’s taking this opportunity to change his name. Currently it’s [name]Jose[/name], no middle name. He’ll be keeping [name]Jose[/name] as either the first or middle, but he’ll be going by the new name.

He’s an awesome person that could probably carry off any name. Lives in [name]Orange[/name] County and spends a lot of time in LA, so nothing is really off limits. He’s an actor. He’s quirky and extremely likable. He needs an amazing name!

So far his favorite are [name]Joaquin[/name] and [name]Dean[/name]. He LOVES [name]James[/name] [name]Dean[/name]. I think [name]Jasper[/name] would be perfect, but any and all suggestions are appreciated!

Oh, and his last name starts with a C and is three syllables.

[name]Junot[/name] (Zhoo-no) - has a Spanish origin.
[name]Javier[/name]
I love [name]Jasper[/name], too.
[name]Joseph[/name]
I recommend keeping the J at the beginning of his name or he could have a similar sounding h at the beginning. That way he would still have a common tie to his original name. I changed my name so I know what I’m talking about - it’s a bewildering thing to do.

Thanks [name]Susan[/name], I think that’s a really good idea. I will tell him. [name]Junot[/name] is cool, I’ve never seen that one before.

I had never seen it either! The way I found it was I did a “search for names”. I put in starts with j, masculine, Spanish origin, and two syllables. I got a very short list and [name]Junot[/name] was one of them.
Forgot to say, I also love [name]Joaquin[/name].

[name]Junot[/name] – pronounced just like [name]Juno[/name], with the t silent – [name]Diaz[/name] is a Dominican writer whose novel The Brief Wondrous Life of [name]Oscar[/name] Wao won the 2008 Pulitzer Prize. it’s a great name, though most will probably identify it more with the pregnant teenager in the movie than the (male) writer.

I agree with [name]Pam[/name] on the pregnant teen connection with [name]Junot[/name], and while I love [name]Joaquin[/name] and [name]Javier[/name], I already associate them with [name]Joaquin[/name] [name]Phoenix[/name] and [name]Javier[/name] Bardim, two well-known actors.

I like your [name]Jasper[/name] idea, especially because [name]Jas[/name] has the J and S of [name]Jose[/name].

My other thoughts are [name]Julian[/name] and [name]Jericho[/name] (if he wanted something “out there”). :slight_smile:

Congratulations, [name]Jose[/name]! :slight_smile: